Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 10:15:40 PM EDT by CFII]
He has been to the base in FL (I think), and the PJ's like him. So, here is my question. What schools will he have to attend before he gets the PJ pin? He is pumped, and so is his father (a major general in the USAF as well)...

And apparantly the PJ's havent had officers for that long, seems kinda weird. But hell, the USAF is kinda weird.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:56:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 2:56:51 AM EDT by Brohawk]
I don't know the specifics, but they do go through a TON of training. Many don't even pass the initial test to get into the field.

You might try posting this in the Hall of Heroes forum.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:38:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CFII:
He has been to the base in FL (I think), and the PJ's like him. So, here is my question. What schools will he have to attend before he gets the PJ pin? He is pumped, and so is his father (a major general in the USAF as well)...

And apparantly the PJ's havent had officers for that long, seems kinda weird. But hell, the USAF is kinda weird.

I worked with PJs at my last assignment for a couple of years, but only met one CRO. They are 90+% former enlisted PJs, since the vast majority of civvies or other AF officers can't meet the requirements. The physical requirements are very very difficult, but the schools are kick ass, and there is no better job in SOCOM (well maybe Combat Control officers). Have him check out this site: www.specialtactics.com/ They have the best toys known to mankind, party like rockstars, and all they have to do is go to the worst shitholes on the planet and get shot at once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:47:37 AM EDT
The PJs I have met were no joke. It isn't a career field one should expect to get simply because he is trying. They have a very high attrition rate.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:32:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Chairborne:
They have the best toys known to mankind, party like rockstars,

They can make booty calls from any part of the world any time. What a life!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2005 8:19:17 AM EDT by CFII]

Originally Posted By joker581:
The PJs I have met were no joke. It isn't a career field one should expect to get simply because he is trying. They have a very high attrition rate.

He knows this, at least I hope so. I know he went to the PJ base and met the CO. The kid is freaking ripped, like arnold used to be, has over 100 jumps under his belt, and used to race watercraft. That is why the PJ's want him so bad. However, this will be interesting.

Excuse my ignorace, but what is the difference btwn a PJ and a CRO? I know he is "going" to be a CRO.... Its a CRO just a PJ that is an officer?
Top Top