Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 9:43:36 PM EST
[size=4]Brown Eyed Girl[/size=4] Van Morrison (1967) Words and music by Van Morrison Hey where did we go, Days when the rains came Down in the hollow, Playin' a new game, Laughing and a running hey, hey Skipping and a jumping In the misty morning fog with Our hearts a thumpin' and you My brown eyed girl, You my brown eyed girl. Whatever happened To Tuesday and so slow Going down the old mine With a transistor radio Standing in the sunlight laughing, Hiding behind a rainbow's wall, Slipping and sliding All along the water fall, with you My brown eyed girl, You my brown eyed girl. Do you remember when we used to sing, Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da So hard to find my way, Now that I'm all on my own. I saw you just the other day, My how you have grown, Cast my memory back there, Lord Sometime I'm overcome thinking 'bout Making love in the green grass Behind the stadium with you My brown eyed girl You my brown eyed girl Do you remember when we used to sing Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:45:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:47:38 PM EST
[size=4]Tupelo Honey[/size=4] Van Morrison (1972) Words and music by Van Morrison You can take all the tea in China Put it in a big brown bag for me Sail right around the seven oceans Drop it straight into the deep blue sea She's as sweet as tupelo honey She's an angel of the first degree She's as sweet as tupelo honey Just like honey from the bee You can't stop us on the road to freedom You can't keep us 'cause our eyes can see Men with insight, men in granite Knights in armor bent on chivalry She's as sweet as tupelo honey She's an angel of the first degree She's as sweet as tupelo honey Just like honey from the bee You can't stop us on the road to freedom You can't stop us 'cause our eyes can see Men with insight, men in granite Knights in armor intent on chivalry She's as sweet as tupelo honey She's an angel of the first degree She's as sweet as tupelo honey Just like honey from the bee You know she's alright You know she's alright with me She's alright, she's alright (she's an angel) You can take all the tea in China Put it in a big brown bag for me Sail it right around the seven oceans Drop it smack dab in the middle of the deep blue sea Because she's as sweet as tupelo honey She's an angel of the first degree She's as sweet as tupelo honey Just like honey from the bee She's as sweet as tupelo honey She's an angel of the first degree She's as sweet as tupelo honey Just like the honey, baby, from the bee She's my baby, you know she's alright.....
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:52:28 PM EST
My very first love was a 'brown-eyed girl' and the year was 1967. I'll never forget that song and Laura S-------. For reasons best left unspoken! [:D] Eric The(Reminiscing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:01:28 PM EST
All this time I thought he was singing BROWN-EYE girl....Man, do I feel dumb.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:04:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: All this time I thought he was singing BROWN-EYE girl....Man, do I feel dumb.
View Quote
Hmmm the Brown eye....I had a brown eyed girl once...That was a long time ago, but that song always reminds me of her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:29:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:36:50 PM EST
You did well, [b]Treetop[/b]. In the most misheard lyrics website, the line was sometimes rendered as: 'Going down on the old man, With a transistor radio.' Yuck! I can't imagine someone cheerfully singing [u]that[/u]! Unless, of course, you are an old man! Eric The(LikeMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:39:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 10:46:38 PM EST
Building a FLASH/Shockwave Powerpoint Divx Video Combo presentation for my upcoming 20 year High School Reunion and Alumni meeting. I will Include [b][u]KodaChrome[/u][/b]! (this is actually my 21st year - I didn't graduate with my class due to time missed for surgery and post op recovery.)( So I went to last years reunion also... And damn I feel old!)
Top Top