Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2001 12:38:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Draws better than me.

Good for you and I feel sorry for her.

Maybe if you got that maniac mom out there she would change her mind.Start with the dad then mom will probably want 2 tag along.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
My 8year old daughter loves our Ruger 10/22 also.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#3]
My 4 year old daughter insisted that I take her out shooting several weeks ago. I didnt think she would really want to shoot after she heard how loud it was (yes, she was wearing hearing protection) but she really seemed to like it. She loves animals though, so she didn't want to shoot any rabbits but she loved blowing up the rocks. Now she wants her own "pink" gun. Isn't life great!

Michael
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Not too long ago daddy would have slapped mommy for behavior such as that. Good girl, bad mommy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Way to go. Thanks for the good story.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]
very refreshing, if i do say so myself.

we need more anti MMMers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Good work man, keep it up!

That shit about her mom is pretty fucked up. Stick to your guns, maybe it will do some good eventually.

BTW, is she a soccer mom?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not too long ago daddy would have slapped mommy for behavior such as that. Good girl, bad mommy.
View Quote

Thank you for helping to perpetuate the stereotype of "gun owner as abusive neanderthal bastard". [pissed]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Another one for us, and another one against the Million Mad Mommies.  What is it with the hoplophobes?  Arrested development?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My 4 year old daughter insisted that I take her out shooting several weeks ago. I didnt think she would really want to shoot after she heard how loud it was (yes, she was wearing hearing protection) but she really seemed to like it. She loves animals though, so she didn't want to shoot any rabbits but she loved blowing up the rocks. Now she wants her own "pink" gun. Isn't life great!

Michael
View Quote

Don't worry too much about it.

My daughter, now almost 13, has like most kids loved little furry helpless animals for a looong time. She really wants to be a vet. when she grows up.

She practically worships the ground I walk on and has always diplayed intrest in what I do.

She just got her hunter's saftey card and can't wait for fall. We'll go small game hunting this year. And next year, deer. That is something she really, really wants to do.

She has been hunting (read: tagging along [;)]) in the past. Now she wants to do it herself. [two thumbs up]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
the kid can draw better than me [:D]

its a good thing you didnt let her shoot the rabbit, it probably would of freaked her out, and if it didnt her mom would freak for sure even more.
but definetly take her shooting more, and teach her about hunting, and maybe YOU make the first kill and see how she reacts. she might not like it and would be upset when she realizes she killed a cute little bunny.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Great pic!
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#18]
If she had shot the rabbit, would you have made her eat it?  Somehow I doubt that you would have and you'd have taught her that being a slob hunter is Okay.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I am ONTO the AOL CD thing!!!
I had a bunch sitting around waiting for a purpose in life, and, now I know where to get MORE!!!
Would we only mail them anonymously to the sender...

Good job with the Kid.  Great drawing, too.

"Why, if it twern't fer you, Clem, I'd be knee deep in AOL CD's..."
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Good for you! Even better for the kid!!Push the gun safety every time you take them out shooting and show them a fun time and you have won over another gun lover.Don't forget to tell her about the Bad people out there like "Rosie O'Donnel"[:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#21]
for any people who know parents that hate guns take my story as a example. I have always had a love for guns, however neither of my parents shares that love. my dad was raised around guns but he doesn't like the idea of his son having one. my first rifle was a .177 pellet rifle then a .22 and then my first firearm with recoil was a rem 700 bull barrel chambered for .308. then finally my first ar was a 16 inch bushy with fixed collapsable stock and flat top. finally I bought a 20 inch flattop, with a free float dcm barrel and handguard, harris bipod, jewel trigger, and tasco super sniper scope. I got my second ar about 4 months ago on my 16th birth day. my parents never tought me how to shoot safely I had to learn from adult friends. if it weren't for adults around here I wouldn't haven't ever learned saftey. is it not better to teach them even if you don't like it than to never teach them at all.

ps. all the guns after the bb gun were bought with my own money. ( half the money for the bb guns was my parents).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top