Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2006 2:20:21 PM EDT
I haven't seen it, and I never will...but the story got me wondering. Just how far fetched is the whole idea? All them cowboys out on the range for long periods of time...nothing around but cattle and other men. You know what that kind of seclusion can do to prisoners and sailors.

I wonder if the cowboy was quite the all american hero that we think. I'll bet that more than a couple of them participated in some perverse abominations.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd choose a sheep first or goat
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well this thread is sure to end well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Do I really need to say it?

IBTL
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Bareback Mounting is Hollyweird's rendition of their own twisted desires. For the most part, a sick section of society. More feminization of an American tough guy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Trey Parker and Matt Stone should sue whoever made this movie. they totally robbed their "gay cowboys eating pudding" idea.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Pardon me, partner, while I go wack off in the sage brush.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well this thread is sure to end well.

One of my threads create a contraversy?

The hell you say!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bareback Mounting is Hollyweird's rendition of their own twisted desires. For the most part, a sick section of society. More feminization of an American tough guy.

They are trying to tear down yet another American Icon....bastards....
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Real cowboys would be too tired to play at the end of an 18 hour day of back-breaking work.

Why doesn't Hollyweird make a film about homosexual sex taking place in a concentration camp, or among black slaves in the antebellum south?

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#13]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
IBTL

+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no intention of seeing it.  But hell, if it comes up on HBO, I'll probably give it a shot.

The whole damn thing is so cliche it makes me sick.  The vast majority of reviews are very positive, but my gut tells me that it it would be receivng very little fanfare if it weren't for the homosexuality involved in it.  I am guessing it is just another low budget cowboy movie with an average story...though spiced up with the gay characters involved to make it controversial and at the same time mandate overwhelmingly positive reviews by the media masses to demonstrate just how sensitive and diverse they are.

It really is stupid of me to make such a judgement without seeing the damn movie, but this is my impression.

I imagine The Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Gene Hackman.  Imagine that movie with some intimate relationship between Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman's characters.  It was a good movie, at least I liked it, but throwing in a sexual relationship between Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood would have been completely unnecessary and ruined it as it would have been an all too obvious PC addition to the movie in and effort to gain some controversy, boost recognition and of course sales in the box office.

Perhaps I just need to see it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have no intention of seeing it.  But hell, if it comes up on HBO, I'll probably give it a shot.

The whole damn thing is so cliche it makes me sick.  The vast majority of reviews are very positive, but my gut tells me that it it would be receivng very little fanfare if it weren't for the homosexuality involved in it.  

That's the exact opposite of what my wife's reaction was when she saw it.

The "gay cowboys" is just a plot device for the whole "forbidden love" theme, according to her - and the story could as easily have been set in something like Victorian England (and been a heterosexual couple having an inapporiate affair - like "Age of Innocence").

I guess Ang Lee wanted to tell another "forbidden love" story (which is often an underlying theme in his movies), and was looking for a way to set it in a more modern setting.

Not saying it's great or anything (I have NO desire to see it myself), just telling you what my wife said.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, there WAS a cowboy in the Villiage people......So, it's not THAT far fetched....

I mean, they just wouldn't make UP somthing like that, would they?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, there WAS a cowboy in the Villiage people......So, it's not THAT far fetched....

I mean, they just wouldn't make UP somthing like that, would they?

So are you saying that there might be gay people in the Navy ????  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Why do you think San Fransisco is so tey ghey?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Real cowboys would be too tired to play at the end of an 18 hour day of back-breaking work.

Why doesn't Hollyweird make a film about homosexual sex taking place in a concentration camp, or among black slaves in the antebellum south?

They have...the movie is called Bent .
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]
John wayne(I don't know how to quit you pilgrim)John Wayne!

Bob
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Just the thought of that... Sagebrush is pokey!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]
http://www.igra.com/

International Gay Rodeo Association
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I bet in the wild west there might have been a few queer cowboys, but I'd also bet that they God damn sure didn't advertize it, theres still that old saying about the west thats true today, women are women, coyboys are tough and sheep are scared.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#25]
who cares. watch it or don't.  get over it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#26]
They are not Cowboys.  They are sheep herders.  Huge difference.  I am in the cattle business.  Sheep Herders are a totally different social class.  They are looked down upon by cattlemen.  Not just because they suck cock.  Please don't call Brokeback Mtn. a Cowboy Movie.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
... still that old saying about the west thats true today, women are women, coyboys are tough and sheep are scared.

I thought it was...

"Where men are men, and sheep are dirty lying whores"  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I made it through 14 weeks of only being around men and managed to not go that route.  I am reasonably confident that most men could do it as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#29]
It's a chick flick.  And considering that fact is it any wonder that so many women hate men?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... still that old saying about the west thats true today, women are women, coyboys are tough and sheep are scared.

I thought it was...

"Where men are men, and sheep are dirty lying whores"  

that all depends on which end of the sheep your standing on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top