Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 4:24:55 PM EDT
Stopped at the local WalMart and bought a copy of Narnia today, and noticed that the Brokeback DVD display was hardly selling.  Anyone buy a copy? planning to? and what does everyone think the sales numbers for the movie will be?  I did not buy a copy, no interest in watching it and the sales volume will be low.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

noticed that the Brokeback DVD display was hardly selling.  Anyone buy a copy?  

While I consider myself pretty open minded and Non-Homophobic .
There isn't a snowballs chance in hell of me watching or buying
that movie ........

Hell , the chic-flick like content alone  is enough to disqualify it
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I just have to put my Wallyworld rant in here.
What fucking sense does it make for walmart to censor their music cd's and then sell homoerotic dvd's, or a copy of goodfellas where they say fuck 300 times?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What fucking sense does it make for walmart to censor their music cd's and then sell homoerotic dvd's, or a copy of goodfellas where they say fuck 300 times?

Rake in as many $ until the Christian Right starts boycotting WM over Brokedick Mountain

Prediction: within a week, there'll be a protest against WM for selling Brokedick Mountain dvds
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
 i don't think i'll be purchasing a copy
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Note that this movie won some Oscars and some other awards, the usual practice would be for it to take a "victory lap" around the theater circuit and make some more money before it goes to DVD.

The makers know that the small market that is interested in this movie have already seen it and DVD is the only thing left.  I wonder if the world will ever find out how much money it ever really made or lost.

Just another left-wing propaganda flick, soon to be yesterday's news.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Note that this movie won some Oscars and some other awards, the usual practice would be for it to take a "victory lap" around the theater circuit and make some more money before it goes to DVD.

The makers know that the small market that is interested in this movie have already seen it and DVD is the only thing left.  I wonder if the world will ever find out how much money it ever really made or lost.

Just another left-wing propaganda flick, soon to be yesterday's news.

Steve

Agreed.  I noticed, as the wife was watching some Access Hiollywierd crap last night, that they announced "new on DVD" segment by OPENING with Broke, then casually mentioning the MONSTER $700 MILLION Narnia flick SECOND during the segment.  The onyl reason I caught it was at first it seemed like they were claiming Broke made 700 mil, so I tuned in and realized what they were slinging.      
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Rake in as many $ until the Christian Right starts boycotting WM over Brokedick Mountain

Prediction: within a week, there'll be a protest against WM for selling Brokedick Mountain dvds

OK, I'll gloat !

WAL-MART HIT BY BROKEBACK PROTEST
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/wal-mart%20hit%20by%20brokeback%20protest_04_04_06

Wal-Mart has turned aside a massive letter-writing campaign by the American Family Association. urging the retailer to refuse to stock Brokeback Mountain, being distributed by Universal Home Entertainment. The group, which has successfully campaigned against what it considers to be broadcast indecency launched the campaign last week after ads for the film began being displayed prominently in the retailer's 3,900 stores. In an interview with today's (Tuesday) Los Angeles Times, the AFA's Randy Sharp, accused Wal-Mart of helping to push the "gay agenda" by "trying to help normalize homosexuality in society." He added, "But how many copies are they going to have to sell to [recoup] the losses of customers who they've offended and will no longer shop at Wal-Mart?" But a Wal-Mart spokeswoman replied, ""The fact that we are offering the movie is not an endorsement of the content of the movie or any specific belief. ...We simply offer the latest titles that consumers want."

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#9]

I try to avoid china mart anyway

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top