Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2015 2:42:06 PM EDT
Dropped the case on my tile floor and somehow cracked and chipped the glass..... But It should hold zero, so life will move on

ACOG TA31f

Taking a pic to show all the damage is really difficult, but there is a chunk of glass in the middle that was chipped out also. But when you look through the optic, only obstruction is a black pen like mark at the 6 o'clock position. I am surprised it lasted this long. It has fallen off mountains while hunting, fell on the floor a few times, and go knows what else it was subject to before i got it!

The TA01nsn model I have that was in the case also was fine, so maybe this TA31f is just a bitch of an optic since the TA01 was fine `
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I would contact them and see about a rebuild.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it back to Trijicon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone could manage to break an ACOG, it would be you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

^This

Trijicon's customer service is very good, they'll take care of you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Amazon return policy  
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks almost like "crazing" that some ACOGs apparently have even when new.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
If you keep it it may eventually turn into a snow globe.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks almost like "crazing" that some ACOGs apparently have even when new.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/otovgx.jpg
View Quote

wow that is interesting. Yeah when I shake the optic, it makes rattling noise from the glass chunks that broke off inside the optic.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Well done OP, not a lot of people can say that
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
That sucks man. Dropped mine on the street twice and it is still good to go.

I would contact Trijicon and see if they can do anything for you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#13]
OP sucks at life.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#14]
That sucks. Let us know if you contact them and there response.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#15]
It's because of the ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]

As long as it doesn't rain or get humid. Sure its fine, buddy.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
do you find the eye box on those models uncomfortable?i was thinking about getting one.i looks like you cant run a rear buis with it huh?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Same thing happened to me when I was in.

Armorer dropped my rifle during weapons draw and had to go almost my entire second deployment with nothing but a flip up BUIS.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow

In all my deployments I have never broken a ACOG, they will fix it just to see how you

managed to break it
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#20]
This a review on how Acogs do with abuse ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wow

In all my deployments I have never broken a ACOG, they will fix it just to see how you
managed to break it
View Quote

I've only seen one and it was a TPE(received it broken from unit we were relieving)  and never figured out what damaged it. Most likely an IED.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've only seen one and it was a TPE(received it broken from unit we were relieving)  and never figured out what damaged it. Most likely an IED.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow

managed to break it

Yeah, a couple buddies of mine that are vets were giving me shit about it. Somehow I am capable of breaking a ACOG while they go to war and the ones they saw and used never broke. They said that the ACOG was surprisingly tough....until I got one apparently.

I cannot contact trijcon.... I am unsure of the history on this ACOG since it was gifted to me, so I am going to deal with it how it is. But....  will say this... My TA01 did call my TA31f a bitch since they both fell and the TA31f was the only damaged ACOG ha
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
do you find the eye box on those models uncomfortable?i was thinking about getting one.i looks like you cant run a rear buis with it huh?
View Quote

Eye relief sucks, but It doesn't bother me to much.

No you can't use the buis and ACOG at the same time. But the buis does fit under the ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:I cannot contact trijcon.... I am unsure of the history on this ACOG since it was gifted to me, so I am going to deal with it how it is.
View Quote

Do you think it was stolen or something?  They will likely still fix it as long as it isn't .gov property.  You can contact them with the serial number to find out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do you think it was stolen or something?  They will likely still fix it as long as it isn't .gov property.  You can contact them with the serial number to find out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I cannot contact trijcon.... I am unsure of the history on this ACOG since it was gifted to me, so I am going to deal with it how it is.

I have no idea. I just figured since it was a gift from a friend (Friends don't buy 1000 dollar optics as gifts while in College) I would not chance it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Send it in for repair or sell it as a very rare, limited edition, battle proven combat sight
View Quote

Hit it with a Scotch Brite pad and sell it as "BFPU"

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s180.photobucket.com/user/jerede/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150504_100912_zps4te2ya1w.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x247/jerede/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150504_100912_zps4te2ya1w.jpg</a>
View Quote

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I broke one "placing" my rifle into a 7 ton
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have no idea. I just figured since it was a gift from a friend (Friends don't buy 1000 dollar optics as gifts while in College) I would not chance it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In before the subpoena from CID.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#30]
FINISH THE JOB! Throw the rifle down the driveway.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This. Worth a shot, at very least.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
pretty much this...

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll either get it back fixed or a phone call from Army CID agents.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like you crack one the prism.
Believe it or not, send it back to Trijicon, chances are, they will repair the optics at no cost.
Contact Trijicon, and they will send you an RMA number for repair.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a TA31RCO That became "frosted" on the inside. It wouldn't hold zero, so I sent it in and Trjicon said it was a lok-tite failure. It hadn't really been abused, but I had it probably 8 years. They fixed it, no new H3 though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I would contact them and see about a rebuild.
View Quote

yeah, those things are too fucking pricey to fail from that.  are they called a combat optic?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called Trijicon to try to research an RCO serial number i was looking at buying and the customer service rep said that they DO NOT have the ability to research individual optics by serial number.

I tried to call BS and call her a poser, since GD has told me many times that Trijicon does this, but she refused to budge.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn sure not something you see often.

Say ARFcom gave you two ball bearing's would you break one and lose the other by the end of the day?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I called Trijicon to try to research an RCO serial number i was looking at buying and the customer service rep said that they DO NOT have the ability to research individual optics by serial number.

I tried to call BS and call her a poser, since GD has told me many times that Trijicon does this, but she refused to budge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just go to your local PD and have them run the s/N on the NCIS system. If it's missing/stolen from the mil it will show it. If it isn't stolen when they run the number you are fine. Worst that happens is they take the broken optic from you and do a report. You aren't getting locked up if you go to them (local cops....regardless of what GD says). Just might have to rat on your friend if CID comes and asks you how you got it.....IF stolen.

ETA- the last thing you want now is someone coming to you first now that you put this info online about not wanting to poke around where it came from. What you just admitted to in a public forum is that it may be stolen and you are in possession of it and possibly unwilling to get it checked out.......go to the local PD with it tomorrow and just get them to run it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#40]
ACOGs break?

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:24:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Just go to your local PD and have them run the s/N on the NCIS system. If it's missing/stolen from the mil it will show it. If it isn't stolen when they run the number you are fine. Worst that happens is they take the broken optic from you and do a report. You aren't getting locked up if you go to them (local cops....regardless of what GD says). Just might have to rat on your friend if CID comes and asks you how you got it.....IF stolen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL that's not how this works that's not how any of this works.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ETA- the last thing you want now is someone coming to you first now that you put this info online about not wanting to poke around where it came from. What you just admitted to in a public forum is that it may be stolen and you are in possession of it and possibly unwilling to get it checked out.......go to the local PD with it tomorrow and just get them to run it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL if you take that to local PD  and ask to run it against an imaginary list they are going to look at you like you have a giant dick on your head.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is bullshit. I did it for a 31F and it kept me from buying an optic that fell off the truck.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol yarp.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL if you take that to local PD  and ask to run it against an imaginary list they are going to look at you like you have a giant dick on your head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not sure if you just don't know what your talking about or if you are joking. NCIC will show a stolen or missing ACOG if the S/N was entered. Being a cop for 10yrs we recovered several stolen items from the military that hit on the NCIC system. One being a suppressor.
There is a "list" as long as the item is entered in it. Wow.

NCIC is the nationwide system used by Federal,state, and local police for sharing info on wanted persons, stolen items, and other sensitive info. Every agency (MIL CID included) has the ability to enter items into the system in case a stolen item pops up in Kalamzoo And is ran by the local dirt road deputy. It even shows INTERPOL info and terrorist watch list info as long as it is entered in the domestic (US) system.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I emailed trijicon and they verified my sn on an ecos. No problem .
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#47]
In on this trainwreck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top