Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 3:55:32 PM EDT
I have my service through Qwest and US Family.net.  I have the Actiontec modem, But I think I can do better.  It has to be rebooted at least once a day.  I also have a Netgear RP614V2.  What would be a good modem
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
normally you have to go back to them(your isp) to get the modem.   Do you have all the phone line filters installed on all your phones, caller id box's, fax machines etc??
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
normally you have to go back to them(your isp) to get the modem.   Do you have all the phone line filters installed on all your phones, caller id box's, fax machines etc??

I received an actiontec modem from the ISP.  I wanted something better.

I have filters installed on all phone lines.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
a dsl modem is a dsl modem

you could have a bad modem, contact them and see if they will replace it.  Dsl modems here are $99  or if you sign a year agreement they are free
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]
First off, have you had just one PC connected directly to the modem and see if the issues still presist? I used to do this type of tech support and 8 out of 10 times if connection issues were present and they had a router, it was a router issue. Have you updated the firmware on the router?

If one PC connected to the modem works fine, no need on  a new modem as its not the issue.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
First off, have you had just one PC connected directly to the modem and see if the issues still presist? I used to do this type of tech support and 8 out of 10 times if connection issues were present and they had a router, it was a router issue. Have you updated the firmware on the router?

If one PC connected to the modem works fine, no need on  a new modem as its not the issue.

About a week ago, I updated the firmware, on the router and the modem.  

I will try computer for a while and see what happens.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top