Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 7:47:19 PM EDT
Full Story

Street battle shown
The footage purportedly shows a street confrontation in which Iraqi youths throw objects at British soldiers and then flee down the street. The cameraman provides narration and urges the soldiers on.

The soldiers apparently chase the Iraqis, catch at least three and drag them through a gate into a fenced in areas, according to the footage. The civilians are then pulled to the ground and beaten by at least five alleged British soldiers with batons and fists.

One of the civilians has his shirt ripped off.

The footage then shows what appears to be another group of soldiers dragging in another civilian and beating him with batons.

UK Soldiers under investigation for abuse VIDEO

Discuss
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll hold comment until all the facts are in.
This could be a case of unprofessional conduct, or it could be the media trying to make something out of nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that the video where the guy filming sounds like he's blowing a load in his BDU's and calls them "naughty boys" and what not?

edit: yep thats it, i only saw a short version. About halfway through that video is the guy I'm talking about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top