Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 3:58:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think we have any british members.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I know we have at least 1.  equin0x.  A Welshman to be exact.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Their welcome in Texas[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]

I worked closely with the British army during my last tour in Germany. NATO special weapons unit (tactical nukes). They are great soldiers and terrific allies.

I worked side by side with them during the day
and drank beer with them at night down at the local bars. They love to get into fights after duty hours. After a few brewskis, they start scrapping with the locals. When they run out of Germans to scrap with, they start in on any Americans who happen to be nearby (I was at a remote site in northern Germany, and there weren't many yanks in the area). After the brawl is over, they will buy you a beer and treat you like a long-lost brother. And when they run out of Germans and Americans to fight, they fight each other. That's what makes them great soldiers; you can count on them when the shit hits the fan because they love to fight!

British NCOs command a lot of respect and fear. I saw more than one British private take an ass-beating from their sergeant for fucking up in the field. I could only smile in amazement; those who are familiar with US military law know that it's a serious violation in the politically-correct US military to strike a soldier.

Used to love going to the field with them; they would always share their liquor ration with me!

Too bad their government doesn't allow them to own personal firearms.

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The problem is if the US goes bad there really isn't anywhere else to go.
View Quote

Switzerland?

What about Finnland?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I was working with some guys from the RAF who were over here in the US of A.  Some were suffering from government induced gunophobia, but there were a few that had their heads on straight.  They would browse the local gun shops and rent range guns.  Some of these guys talked about emigrating when their time in the RAF was up.

It's really sad to see the look in a man's eyes when he says, "I wish I was allowed to have a gun for self-defense."

As noted above, they are great guys.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
My parents dragged me here when I was four; does that count? lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I worked with the Brits while I was in Saudi.  Great bunch of guys.  One of them told a friend of mine that he once used his Enfield to play cricket and broke the stock off of it.  I laughed my ass off.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I,m a Brit, came over in 88.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top