Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 5:05:54 AM EDT
[img]http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2002-01-02T112502Z_01_GALAXY-DC-MDF107143_RTRIDSP_2_NEWS-ATTACK-DC.JPG[/img]

Those are British Royal Marines.  Does anyone know where I can buy those BDU’s?  (Well new ones, not the ones they are wearing, I am not some freak!)

Are they at least as well made as the US ones?

Thanks,

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Give Brad at [url]www.lightfighter.com[/url] a shout. If anyone knows where to get the swank gear, it's Brad.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
do a search on "silverman's" in the UK.  They sell brit military stuff.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Guys!

-Velveeta

(Earl)[url]http://www.military.co.uk[/url](/Earl)

(Edited to add URL (Earl))
(Edited to [B]FIX[/B] URL (Earl))
(Edited [B]AGAIN[/B] to make sure URL (Earl)never has kids!)
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Sportsmansguide.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea on "Silverman's."
Never ordered from them on-line or via their catalog, but bought from their store in London.

Be aware, the desert (and green DPM's) pants tend to shrink a lot more that US BDUs. That is at least my experience.
The deserts do look really cool.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

(Earl)[url]http://www.military.co.uk[/url](/Earl)

(Edited to add URL (Earl))
(Edited to [B]FIX[/B] URL (Earl))
(Edited [B]AGAIN[/B] to make sure URL (Earl)never has kids!)
View Quote

Even if I'm the only one who hasn't seen that it's d@mn funny.  The Dixie Chicks had something to say about 'ol Earl too.[}:D]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
... Did anyone ever answer the question as to why the dual schemes?

... Woodland a top
... Desert pants
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... Did anyone ever answer the question as to why the dual schemes?

... Woodland a top
... Desert pants
View Quote

I have a friend who uses this scheme when hunting.  The theory is twofold.  First, it breaks up his outline better than just one pattern would.  Second, the dirt by your legs is brown and the trees at chest level are green so you match.  I think the first reason at least has some validity.

It does look cooler than choc-chip bottoms and tops.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Either that, or they don't have desert DPM field jackets or anoraks in their TO&E.  Remember, they have a Labour government, with Tony Blair being just a little left of Clinton.  These guys have ALWAYS been at the pointed end of the stick, but their government kind of makes sure that it's been stuck in something stinky first.
View Quote

Kinda' like a s#*t-dipped punji stake, huh?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Same reasons you see US Marines with desert cammies and woodland body armor.  Thats what they got!  Even governments can't buy everything.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably because it's cold... The desert DPM top is a tuck in affair like the tropical/warm top.

The parka's (which they are wearing) have zip in liners.

FWIW, if you want a parka, get the Para version... Not the standard.
There is a sniper parka too, but it's too expensive and Silverman's didn't have one when I was in the store.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]
When I saw these folks getting off the Hercules I thought they were wearing DPM SAS Smocks - another fine piece of gear!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top