Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/10/2001 1:54:19 PM EST
If lets say a Canadian such as myself just wanted to go shoot in the US with either a LE colt M4 or a brand new SIG PE90 (SIG 550), would it be possible to bring it over just for shooting? do the laws apply? What if I move to the US, would it no longer be legal for me to own any LE AR's or weapons banned under the current import laws?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:08:35 PM EST
I don't know for sure, but I would say for the second question, absolutely no. If that were true, I would move to Canada for a couple weeks and buy a Sig 550 then bring it back. As for the first, my quess is that you still could not bring it over for shooting, otherwise one could argue that you could bring an unregister MG into the US and shoot it as long as it was legal in your home country. [url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/[/url] You might find your answers here, or at least write a letter to find out for certain.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:59:36 PM EST
That is a very interesting question, but I do not have an answer to it. Maybe you would get more responses by posting it in the legal section.
Top Top