Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:35:59 PM EDT
I'll be going to Anaheim the 20-25th, and was wondering if it was legal to bring either my Wilson Combat 1911 or G19 into California? Obviously I wouldn't be carrying, but would at least like to have it in the hotel. Just not sure if either are even legal to bring in, or if Anaheim has any stricter laws to deal with?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:38:09 PM EDT
Why would you bother, you can't carry it, or keep it loaded in your car, and if you use it, you will probably get death.

Don't go behind enemy lines if at all possible.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:39:59 PM EDT
i believe it's legal, but no hi-cap mags.

keep it well hidden in the hotel room so the staff can't take it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:43:49 PM EDT
'long as you leave the 10+round mags at home, you'll be ok.

I can't say "standard capacity" since a 1911's got only 7+1 standard.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:44:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By w4klr:
Why would you bother, you can't carry it, or keep it loaded in your car, and if you use it, you will probably get death.

Don't go behind enemy lines if at all possible.

I hear ya, but it's required for work, and hopefully I'll be in and out before the enemy realizes it!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 7:53:06 PM EDT by five2one]

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:
I'll be going to Anaheim the 20-25th, and was wondering if it was legal to bring either my Wilson Combat 1911 or G19 into California? Obviously I wouldn't be carrying, but would at least like to have it in the hotel. Just not sure if either are even legal to bring in, or if Anaheim has any stricter laws to deal with?

When I was young and dumb i \carried my firearm to SF while at a conference. If I had gotten caught, I'd still be in alcatraz.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:52:57 PM EDT
Its OK to bring to Commiefornia for a visit. If you stay longer than 60 days it has to be registered with the CA DOJ.

Just follow the law for transport and you will be OK.
1. It must be transported unloaded. The safe definition of "unloaded" is no cartridge anywhere near the roscoe.
2. The roscoe must be in a locked container with ammo stored separately. That locked container cannot be your car's glove box or console. Locked trunk is OK.

No magazines with capacity greater than 10 rounds.

No tracer or steel core ammo. HPs, FMJ, TMJ, expanding FMJs and Glasser-style ammo is OK.

No concealed carry. The first time you're caught you will be charged with a misdemeanor and your roscoe will be confiscated. Second time is a felony.

Yeah, it's a bunch of crap laws, but it is better than some of the stuff the guys from NY, NJ, Mass and Md have to put up with. Isn't visiting a liberal worker's paradise a wonderful thing?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:58:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:00:33 PM EDT

Bringing Handgun to Cali?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:06:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:
Oddly enough your hotel room is concidered a location where you can conceal carry - as is your place of business or a camp site.

CCW without a permit is a $200 maximum fine for first time offense.

So, I won't have to abide by any of the "California Legal" handgun regs? Guess I can't bring my G19 since I don't have any Tupperware10's. I figured I could do the hotel thing, but am unsure about "Approved for Cali" handguns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:11:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:

Originally Posted By Paul:
Oddly enough your hotel room is concidered a location where you can conceal carry - as is your place of business or a camp site.

CCW without a permit is a $200 maximum fine for first time offense.

So, I won't have to abide by any of the "California Legal" handgun regs? Guess I can't bring my G19 since I don't have any Tupperware10's. I figured I could do the hotel thing, but am unsure about "Approved for Cali" handguns.

The "approved handguns" BS only applies to new guns sold in state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:42:05 AM EDT
See the above or believe the buffoons from FL. Take your choice.

ag.ca.gov/firearms/travel.htm

HANDGUNS

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not within any of the classes excepted from firearm possession and who resides or is temporarily in California from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person if the firearm is unloaded and in a locked container.

The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.

In other words a gun rug with a cheap lock that can be pulled apart counts, and you can have the mag just about anywhere but in the gun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:50:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:11:30 PM EDT
Note to self:

Never go to California again (again)

I wonder what the stats are for gun related crimes/injuries/deaths with these GREAT laws they have out there?!?!?!?!?!?!
Top Top