Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/22/2017 4:21:48 PM EDT
tl;dr: Pit bull attacks 3 different dogs within 10 minutes of arriving at the dog park.

We took our GSD (12 month old pup) to the dog park a couple nights ago. After about an hour of playing, swimming, running around with all the other dogs we decided it was getting late and it was about time to head home.

As we started trying to get the pup to come to us we noticed a new dog (pit bull) and it's owners enter the park. Right after the pit bull owner took their dog off the leash, one of those small yappy dogs ran up to it and started playing. The pit bull abruptly snapped at the little dog and there was a small scuffle. Nothing really to be concerned about yet, the small dog owner chimed in and said her dog is a humper, so she took the lil dog and left the park. Pit bull owner blamed the little dog for provoking it.    

Anyway, it took us about 5 minutes to finally grab our GSD. I had my gf hold on to her collar so I could put the leash on. While my gf was holding on to our dog's collar, the pit bull ran up and attacked our dog. My gf unwisely, and quickly, jumped between our dog and the pit bull, trying to block the attack. The pit bull started biting both of them. I immediately jumped into action and kicked the pit bull square in the ribs as hard as I could, which made it jump back a little, but ultimately it ignored the kick and went straight back into attacking my gf and our dog. The pit bull's hind legs ended up right in front of me, so I picked it up and swung around to toss it about 10 feet away. I think the pit bull's female owner finally grabbed it, because that was the end of the dog's attack...

Apparently my action did not sit well with the pit bull's male owner because he ran over and shoved me while yelling not to touch his dog! I was livid and was feeling the adrenaline dump, but I restrained myself from attacking this guy. I got right back in his face though and yelled at him that he needs to control his dog that had just attacked my girlfriend (and dog)! He responded by saying our dog provoked his dog, and he seemed to want to get into a fight with me.

Luckily there were about 10 witnesses that ran up and took my side, they all started explaining to this guy that our dog could not have possibly provoked his dog because she was sitting down next to my girlfriend, who was holding her by the collar. The pit bull owner refused to acknowledge his dog did anything wrong.

I was furious with this guy and was demanding his contact information just in case we had any medical bills for my gf or the dog. The pit bull owner refused to provide any identification, so my gf threatened to call the police. At this point the crowd of people started asking if she was hurt and wanted to see the bites. There wasn't any blood, but there were definitely bite marks on her arm. We also did not find any visible bites on our dog.  

We decided not to call the cops, but we did take a picture of the guy's license plate in case we needed to escalate due to injuries that were not presently visible. I continued yelling at the guy that his dog's behavior isn't acceptable and he is legally liable when his dog bites someone! The dude was obviously not accepting any fault, and after all the yelling and things calmed down almost all the other dog owners left with us.

Only one other dog owner plus the pit bull owners remained at the park. As we were walking out, the pit bull attacked the last other dog! (It must have been provoked... )

Bad dog owners suck. Bad dog owners with aggressive dogs are dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Report it...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Antifa,trained pit?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Animal control . This is what they do. Your gf will not be the last to be attacked by the dog.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy put hands on you? I would have called the cops, if nothing else to get them banned from the park.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like that dog would benefit from an old yeller'in.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Why did the aggressive pit bull not begin leaking from multiple holes, either from a knife or pistol?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
No blading at 45?

I am dissapoint.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#8]
One free bite. After the next one, call a lawyer just to teach the shithead a lesson.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't go to malls,

My dog doesn't go to dog parks.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Um why didnt you shoot the attacking dog?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
It should be euthanized.

Dog should be dealt with as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did the aggressive pit bull not begin leaking from multiple holes, either from a knife or pistol?
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
You pussed out.  Should have called authorities at the minimum.  Let them deal with him.  Bad dogs because of bad owners.  Bad owners because good owners won't follow through keeping bad owners and their bad dogs either locked up, or out of public areas.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I am a pit bull guy and I do not understand why this story does not have more bullet holes at the conclusion. I am disappoint.

Shitty owner, but dog needed deading.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Sucks man. Hope your gf and pup aren't hurt too badly. I've found the best way not to get myself, or my dog (golden retriever), in situation like that is to practice economic segregation. If you make enough money in life you can afford to live where douchbags (the kind who usually own dangerous dog breeds like pits) like that guy live or visit. As a rule of thumb it doesn't always work, of course, but I've found it has served me well over the years.

Am I in before all the pit/pit mix owners posting pics of their 2 month old baby cuddling with their pit/pit mix dog and saying how their dog is as sweet as pie and would never hurt a fly? 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Pit bull needed to be shot
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#18]
So a pit bull was attacking your girlfriend and you allowed it to walk away?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I would have called Johnny Law. Today its your girlfriends leg, tomorrow its some toddler that had the audacity of wanting to play in there own driveway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Report it...
View Quote
This.  Trashy dog; trashy owner.  That asshole isn't going to take any responsibility for anything.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Regardless of the breed, if I were armed I probably would have killed the dog.

And damn sure would have called the PO-leece.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#22]
You chose poorly

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#23]
There is a lot wrong with your story on both sides.

I'll just start with a dog running up to a dog as soon as it walks in through  the fence is technically not good dog park behavior/etiquette.

I'll end it with stop going to dog parks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]
OK maybe I won't end at the last post.  I'm curious as to how your girlfriend got attacked by a dog but didn't bleed?  And if your girlfriend was bitten why would you not call the local police and or go to a hospital?   Why did it take five minutes to grab your dog?  Why does it take two of you to put a leash on your dog?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
tl;dr: Pit bull attacks 3 different dogs within 10 minutes of arriving at the dog park.

We took our GSD (12 month old pup) to the dog park a couple nights ago. After about an hour of playing, swimming, running around with all the other dogs we decided it was getting late and it was about time to head home.

As we started trying to get the pup to come to us we noticed a new dog (pit bull) and it's owners enter the park. Right after the pit bull owner took their dog off the leash, one of those small yappy dogs ran up to it and started playing. The pit bull abruptly snapped at the little dog and there was a small scuffle. Nothing really to be concerned about yet, the small dog owner chimed in and said her dog is a humper, so she took the lil dog and left the park. Pit bull owner blamed the little dog for provoking it.    

Anyway, it took us about 5 minutes to finally grab our GSD. I had my gf hold on to her collar so I could put the leash on. While my gf was holding on to our dog's collar, the pit bull ran up and attacked our dog. My gf unwisely, and quickly, jumped between our dog and the pit bull, trying to block the attack. The pit bull started biting both of them. I immediately jumped into action and kicked the pit bull square in the ribs as hard as I could, which made it jump back a little, but ultimately it ignored the kick and went straight back into attacking my gf and our dog. The pit bull's hind legs ended up right in front of me, so I picked it up and swung around to toss it about 10 feet away. I think the pit bull's female owner finally grabbed it, because that was the end of the dog's attack...

Apparently my action did not sit well with the pit bull's male owner because he ran over and shoved me while yelling not to touch his dog! I was livid and was feeling the adrenaline dump, but I restrained myself from attacking this guy. I got right back in his face though and yelled at him that he needs to control his dog that had just attacked my girlfriend (and dog)! He responded by saying our dog provoked his dog, and he seemed to want to get into a fight with me.

Luckily there were about 10 witnesses that ran up and took my side, they all started explaining to this guy that our dog could not have possibly provoked his dog because she was sitting down next to my girlfriend, who was holding her by the collar. The pit bull owner refused to acknowledge his dog did anything wrong.

I was furious with this guy and was demanding his contact information just in case we had any medical bills for my gf or the dog. The pit bull owner refused to provide any identification, so my gf threatened to call the police. At this point the crowd of people started asking if she was hurt and wanted to see the bites. There wasn't any blood, but there were definitely bite marks on her arm. We also did not find any visible bites on our dog.
We decided not to call the cops, but we did take a picture of the guy's license plate in case we needed to escalate due to injuries that were not presently visible. I continued yelling at the guy that his dog's behavior isn't acceptable and he is legally liable when his dog bites someone! The dude was obviously not accepting any fault, and after all the yelling and things calmed down almost all the other dog owners left with us.
Only one other dog owner plus the pit bull owners remained at the park. As we were walking out, the pit bull attacked the last other dog! (It must have been provoked... )
Bad dog owners suck. Bad dog owners with aggressive dogs are dangerous.
View Quote
You should have called the cops. Its probably not the first time that dog had attacked other dogs who probably didn't provoke it.
Letting a pit bull roam free at a dag pork? That's like putting a snackbar behind a Scania truck loaded with explosives.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#27]
One of the last times I went my dog Zorro was attacked by a pit bull and an american bulldog.

We had been there in the dog park maybe 30 seconds when they came up, sniffed a bit, then went psycho, biting furiously.  Zorro recoiled against the fence and was trapped. I jumped in and lifted Zorro up on my shoulders and out of their way.  One of them latched onto my bicep and clawed the fuck out of me and bit so hard I thought it was going to break the bone.  Thankfully I was wearing one of these heavy cloth swedish military workshirts and layers underneath, so the teeth didn't puncture.  The other was ripping the shit out of my pants leg with his teeth.

After a loooooong minute of me swearing, Zorro barking his head of ("let me at em!"), trying to shake the hell beasts off my arm, and legs, the two middle-aged women owners of the dogs slowly came and got them.  Dogs minded them with voice commands.  They could have stopped it at any time.

I was so pumped with adrenaline I was seeing red and my heart was pounding I couldn't think straight.  Couldn't even talk, really.  The women left with their dogs, one of them calling over their shoulder, "sorry".  I think I still stood there for 20 seconds, in shock, and let Zorro down.  He had a mild puncture on his neck, and the fur scraped off his front legs.  I was bruised on my left arm and my flank skin deeply scratched from the dogs nails.

That's when I noticed all the other dogs in the park were on short leashes with their owners, all looking scared.  Those two dogs had been running around biting and fighting all the other dogs and when anyone went to leave the dogs would charge the gate and not let anyone out.  People were terrified.  The women just kept laughing at everyone. Deeply fucked up situation.  People had been calling the police and "animal control is on its' way" is all they were told.  I was there for another 30 minutes and animal control never showed.

Looking back on it, I should have left Zorro on the ground and let him take on one of the dogs (Zorro could handle himself) and I should have just choked the other one to submission.  And then did the same to the old bitches.  Still makes me furious 10 years later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Dog parks always struck me as a bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OK maybe I won't end at the last post.  I'm curious as to how your girlfriend got attacked by a dog but didn't bleed?  And if your girlfriend was bitten why would you not call the local police and or go to a hospital?   Why did it take five minutes to grab your dog?  Why does it take two of you to put a leash on your dog?
View Quote
Also curious...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'll just start with a dog running up to a dog as soon as it walks in through  the fence is technically not good dog park behavior/etiquette.

View Quote
OP's dog didn't run up to the pit. It was just sitting there minding its own business. Someone else's dog did.

This is a really disappointing story. Pit should have been shot at time of attack on OP's dog, or taken by animal control following it, and/or pit owner should have been arrested for assault. WTF?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#31]
a pitbull attack with no blood?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Apparently my action did not sit well with the pit bull's male owner because he ran over and shoved me while yelling not to touch his dog!
View Quote
That's assault and battery. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, you didn't call the cops. You have no further recourse.  Dumb move.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#34]
I was livid and was feeling the adrenaline dump
View Quote
I always thought the adrenaline dump and blading at a 45 were a package deal ?

Like you cannot have one without the other ??

Glad everything turned out OK and no major injuries

Pit Bull is lucky it did not get ventilated
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#35]
So did the pit bite your GF ?

You said it "The pit bull started biting both of them. ".

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP's dog didn't run up to the pit. It was just sitting there minding its own business. Someone else's dog did.

This is a really disappointing story. Pit should have been shot at time of attack on OP's dog, or taken by animal control following it, and/or pit owner should have been arrested for assault. WTF?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as the little dog running up to the dog that just entered I'm just pointing out that that is not acceptable behavior anywhere I have ever gone involving multiple dogs. If OP thinks that is acceptable it is not and a little dog owner needs to be aware.

Moral of the story is dog Parks suck and there are a lot of people  doing wrong, including the little dog owner and the owner that takes five minutes to get their dog under control and two people to put a leash on it.  Most of all a dog aggressive dog should not be anywhere near a dog park and the owner should have leashed  it and left immediately.

As I said there's all sorts of wrong and blame to go around.  For the record I don't bring my dog to the dog park anymore because a little dog attacked him and my dog went into Killzone. fortunately I was standing right next to him when it happened and grabbed him by the neck as he lunged but before he struck  and left. (Hair started standing up so I knew it was about to go down)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Dog attacked, gf attacked, you were attacked and you didn't call the cops
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dog parks always struck me as a bad idea.
View Quote
The dogs are half the problem. It's the assholes that bring them that are the other half.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#39]
You let a dog bite your GF and a dude to put hands on you? Wtf police bare minimum
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#40]
It could have ended much worse.  Learn from the mistakes you made.  I wouldn't go where dogs roam without pepper spray and a gun.  You left yourself, your dog, and your girlfriend at the mercy of the asshole's dog.  I'd report the incident to the police.  Nothing will come of it but at least you put the guy and his dog on record as being a danger to others.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I recently adopted a young female dog of mixed breed from
a local shelter....I don't know the dog's history, so she and I
have started from ground zero and have been taking twice a week
private obedience training for the past six weeks.

Tomorrow, we meet her trainer at the local dog park to begin socializing the dog.  I am hoping for the best.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#42]
here is the really bad news, if any of you got saliva on you from the other dog there is a good chance you can contact rabies. animal control needs to verify that dog is up on it's vaccine. you need to call 911 and animal control. if that dog is not found and proven to be current on it's vaccines you will need treatment. your dog needs to go to the vet and get a booster shot and remain under quarantine for up to 6 months. you can not mess around rabies is 99.9 percent fatal.

I know all this because my dog stopped a raccoon from getting my wife 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You let a dog bite your GF and a dude to put hands on you? Wtf police bare minimum
View Quote
Kinda making me doubt the whole story.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#44]
OP, you should really look at some pictures of real dog bites.

Do you think perhaps it was more rough play than attack?  Not acceptable to many, but definitely not the same as an attack.

Pit bull attacks small yappy dog, all is good and no bites?

Pit bull attacks german Sheppard, gsd doesn't fight back?  And neither has visible bite marks?

Pit bull attacks human, no blood?

It's just not addding up as an attack.  I've seen both, and it's usually not pretty.  Dog bites suck on humans, and are usually messy on dogs as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
here is the really bad news, if any of you got saliva on you from the other dog there is a good chance you can contact rabies. animal control needs to verify that dog is up on it's vaccine. you need to call 911 and animal control. if that dog is not found and proven to be current on it's vaccines you will need treatment. your dog needs to go to the vet and get a booster shot and remain under quarantine for up to 6 months. you can not mess around rabies is 99.9 percent fatal.

I know all this because my dog stopped a raccoon from getting my wife 
View Quote
Correct.  It's crazy to me that the police weren't called and the GF didn't go to the hospital.  It's not just rabies either, infections from the smallest bite can get quite nasty.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Animal control . This is what they do. Your gf will not be the last to be attacked by the dog.
View Quote
Not the pit's first rodeo either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#47]
should have shot the pit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#48]
As soon as that dog bites GF, the police should have been called at a minimum.  Good chance I would have shot the dog on the spot!!  Hope your GF doesn't contract rabies or some other dog disease.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Call the Fuzz!

Its an aggressive animal and the owners had no control of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One of the last times I went my dog Zorro was attacked by a pit bull and an american bulldog.

We had been there in the dog park maybe 30 seconds when they came up, sniffed a bit, then went psycho, biting furiously.  Zorro recoiled against the fence and was trapped. I jumped in and lifted Zorro up on my shoulders and out of their way.  One of them latched onto my bicep and clawed the fuck out of me and bit so hard I thought it was going to break the bone.  Thankfully I was wearing one of these heavy cloth swedish military workshirts and layers underneath, so the teeth didn't puncture.  The other was ripping the shit out of my pants leg with his teeth.

After a loooooong minute of me swearing, Zorro barking his head of ("let me at em!"), trying to shake the hell beasts off my arm, and legs, the two middle-aged women owners of the dogs slowly came and got them.  Dogs minded them with voice commands.  They could have stopped it at any time.

I was so pumped with adrenaline I was seeing red and my heart was pounding I couldn't think straight.  Couldn't even talk, really.  The women left with their dogs, one of them calling over their shoulder, "sorry".  I think I still stood there for 20 seconds, in shock, and let Zorro down.  He had a mild puncture on his neck, and the fur scraped off his front legs.  I was bruised on my left arm and my flank skin deeply scratched from the dogs nails.

That's when I noticed all the other dogs in the park were on short leashes with their owners, all looking scared.  Those two dogs had been running around biting and fighting all the other dogs and when anyone went to leave the dogs would charge the gate and not let anyone out.  People were terrified.  The women just kept laughing at everyone. Deeply fucked up situation.  People had been calling the police and "animal control is on its' way" is all they were told.  I was there for another 30 minutes and animal control never showed.

Looking back on it, I should have left Zorro on the ground and let him take on one of the dogs (Zorro could handle himself) and I should have just choked the other one to submission.  And then did the same to the old bitches.  Still makes me furious 10 years later.
View Quote
There are cunts (I'm using that in the British way BTW) in any group of people.  It's funny how certain groups have a higher percentage of them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top