Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/21/2008 1:29:56 PM EDT
Yugo warcriminal Radovan Karadzic is captured.

From the BBC:

Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic has been arrested in Serbia, presidential and government sources in Belgrade say.

The Bosnian Serb wartime political leader disappeared in 1996 and was subsequently indicted by the UN War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague.

He is accused of war crimes and genocide over the massacre of 7,500 Muslim men and boys at Srebrenica.

His wartime military leader, Ratko Mladic, remains at large.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is everyone always breaking news instead of fixing it!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just watching the Savior last night.

Weird
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovan_Karadzic

Thought I'd save people some time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Enjoy your time in Hell, Karazdic.

Of course, since he's going to the World Court in The Hague, he'll spend the next decade arguing his case before a bunch of effete liberal judges who really don't have the heart to execute him.  Probably will die in prison like Milosevic.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why is everyone always breaking news instead of fixing it!

i lol'ed
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Torture and execute that worthless piece of shit.  Act like a Nazi, get treated like a Nazi.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#10]
He killed a bunch of muslims right?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Enjoy your time in Hell, Karazdic.

Of course, since he's going to the World Court in The Hague, he'll spend the next decade arguing his case before a bunch of effete liberal judges who really don't have the heart to execute him.  Probably will die in prison like Milosevic.

Drop him in a muslim area in the old eastern bloc and drive away, he will be beaten to death or swinging from a street light within minutes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was just watching the Savior last night.

Weird

That's a fucked up movie...

The forced irony was a bit much for me. His son named "Christian" gets killed and he later saves a muslim kid.

The scene at the river is quite troubling...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet.  Now if we dutifully interrogate both Karadzic and Wesley Clark, we may be able to roll up Mladic as well.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

He likely killed a bunch of people who prayed at other churches too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]
That is a damn shame.

Its a shame that we blame the Serbs for doing the dirty work we wont.

Its a shame that Clinton and W Bush think that the Albanian Nazi supports that have squatted on the Serbian land of Kosovo, a land that the Serbs took in the dark ages, is not the Serbs now.

Its a shame that NATO has allowed the Albanians into it.

Its a shame that the KLA of Kosovo is being recognized by the EU and the US when they are active supporters of Bin Ladin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#17]
(I think I'm) In before the Serb Nationalists and Muslim Genocide Advocates.  

Dang it, spoke too soon.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Good. I've been really upset since he hijacked Air Force One and shot the National Security Advisor.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That is a damn shame.

Its a shame that Clinton and W Bush think that the Albanian Nazi supports that have squatted on the Serbian land of Kosovo, a land that the Serbs took in the dark ages, is not the Serbs now.

Its a shame that the KLA of Kosovo is being recognized by the EU and the US when they are active supporters of Bin Ladin.

Serb talking points.  The KLA are active supporters of K-Albs and no one else.  Hell, everyone in the Balkans is an active supporter of their own specific cause.  "You're my friend, while it benefits me.  When you no longer benefit me, I'll stick a knife in your back" has been the mantra of the Balkans for the last thousand years.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That is a damn shame.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is a damn shame.

Serb talking points.  The KLA are active supporters of K-Albs and no one else.  Hell, everyone in the Balkans is an active supporter of their own specific cause.  "You're my friend, while it benefits me.  When you no longer benefit me, I'll stick a knife in your back" has been the mantra of the Balkans for the last thousand years.  

Question,

What ethnic group is compromised of the KLA, and where is their "home land"

Answer would be Albanian, and Albania.  Albanians killed in the name of Hitler, and no one in the west gave two shits about it when the war ended.

The KLA plans on reuniting Kosovo with Albania.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is a damn shame.

Question,

What ethnic group is compromised of the KLA, and where is their "home land"

Answer would be Albanian, and Albania.  Albanians killed in the name of Hitler, and no one in the west gave two shits about it when the war ended.

The KLA plans on reuniting Kosovo with Albania.

The Greater Albania is as much of a pipe dream as Aztlan is here.  It's a pipe dream, the Nation of Albania doesn't want it, neither do most Kosovars other than an extreme minority who don't have the juice to defeat Albania and make it happen.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That is a damn shame.

+1

As far as I can recall, Orthodox Christians have never carried out acts of terrorism against Americans.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovan_Karadzic
Thought I'd save people some time.
Rule #1 of genocide & oppression: Have a normal hairstyle, facial hair and hat.
Rule #2: Do not make up a new military medal to award yourself on a monthly basis. These will greatly reduce the chances of the US coming and whupping your ass, too bad this guy did not follow #1.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank god that threat to america is off the street.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#26]
The K-Albs ain't angels-I'll be the first to say that.  

But the Serbs are trying to convince the world that conflict is inherently religious.  "You guys are fighting Muslims, and so are we."

They want non-critical thinking Americans to view their ethnic/nationalistic conflict throught a lens of religious differences, when nationalism has killed far more people than conflict based on religion, and when nationalism is at the heart of the current Serb/Muslim conflicts.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]
The problem might be Kosovo being like 90% Albania...and the Serbs going kill crazy in their aim for "The Greater Serbia" after Yugoslavia broke up.

They managed to get WW1 rolling right along with 10's of millions getting killed as a result, might want to think about that when complaining about Hitler and WW2.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
His wartime military leader, Ratko Mladic,

Hell of a name.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The problem might be Kosovo being like 90% Albania...and the Serbs going kill crazy in their aim for "The Greater Serbia" after Yugoslavia broke up.

They managed to get WW1 rolling right along with 10's of millions getting killed as a result, might want to think about that when complaining about Hitler and WW2.

One serb killed the arch duke.
Serbia acquiesced to all of Austria's outrageous demands.
WWI was NOT the fault of the serbs or serbia, but rather the austrian monarchy.

For all the bitching from the left about getting involved in civil wars, we got ass deep into that one.

Explain to me again what great american interest was threatened by serbia.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Its only 90% Albanian because they squatted on the land after Hilter gave them the nod to exterminate the slave races.  Kosovo has been 100% from the dark ages till 1940s.  

And the rest of your bs is not worth commenting on.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For all the bitching from the left about getting involved in civil wars, we got ass deep into that one.

A group of Serbs working with the support of the Serbian Military...Black Hand.

The only fault of A/H was in not marching in immediately before everyone got pissy and mobilized.

Couple of million got killed even before we "got interested".
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The K-Albs ain't angels-I'll be the first to say that.  

But the Serbs are trying to convince the world that conflict is inherently religious.  "You guys are fighting Muslims, and so are we."

They want non-critical thinking Americans to view their ethnic/nationalistic conflict throught a lens of religious differences, when nationalism has killed far more people than conflict based on religion, and when nationalism is at the heart of the current Serb/Muslim conflicts.

So why are we even choosing a side?  Saying to the Serbs "you've done wrong, you're evil oppressors who use genocide" while completely ignoring the Albanians?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only fault of A/H was in not marching in immediately before everyone got pissy and mobilized.

wow.
just wow.
Yep, just those wacky central powers, if only they had moved in and slaughtered serbians quicker, this all could have been avoided.
To your credit, you get an a for creativity.  First time that particular line of thought has ever been part of this particular debate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its only 90% Albanian because they squatted on the land after Hilter gave them the nod to exterminate the slave races.  Kosovo has been 100% from the dark ages till 1940s.  

And before that the Bulgarians had it, then the Ottoman's, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

You might want to brush up on the region's history:

The below didn't occur since the 1940's.

On the whole, "Albanians had little cause of unrest" and "if anything, grew important in Ottoman internal affairs."[7] The final result of four and a half centuries of Muslim rule was a marked decline in the previously dominant Slavic Christian demographic element in Kosovo, replaced by a Turko-Albanian stratum.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I mentioned how long the Serbs have had the land, hundreds of years.  Nuff said.

Albania was part of the Third Reich, do I need to reexplain what that means?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow.
just wow.
Yep, just those wacky central powers, if only they had moved in and slaughtered serbians quicker, this all could have been avoided.
To your credit, you get an a for creativity.  First time that particular line of thought has ever been part of this particular debate.

That's the opinion of miltary historians like John Keegan...quite a common view; quick action would have achieved a just, punitive action without a world war occuring.

Then again whacky Serbians in the pay of the Serbian government had a lot to do with the mess.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And before that the Bulgarians had it, then the Ottoman's, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

You might want to brush up on the region's history:

The below didn't occur since the 1940's.

On the whole, "Albanians had little cause of unrest" and "if anything, grew important in Ottoman internal affairs."[7] The final result of four and a half centuries of Muslim rule was a marked decline in the previously dominant Slavic Christian demographic element in Kosovo, replaced by a Turko-Albanian stratum.

Facts don't matter to genocide-apologists.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I dont pretend to be PC like yourself.  I have no respect for a group of people who kill in the name of Allah.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I dont pretend to be PC like yourself.  I have no respect for a group of people who kill in the name of Allah.  

I have no respect for groups that kill innocent civilians no matter what their religion is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I guess it depends on which side you were on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I mentioned how long the Serbs have had the land, hundreds of years.  Nuff said.

Albania was part of the Third Reich, do I need to reexplain what that means?

Dude, read some history...Albania was under Italian occupation from before WW2's European phase beginning in September, 1939.

Albania was thus one of the first countries occupied by the Axis Powers in World War II.[18] As Hitler began his aggressions, the Italian Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini decided to occupy Albania as a means to compete with Hitler's territorial gains. Mussolini and the Italian Fascists saw Albania as a historical part of the Roman Empire and the occupation was intended to fulfill Mussolini's dream of creating an Italian Empire.

The invasion took place in 1939. Despite some strong resistance, especially at Durrës, Italy invaded Albania on April 7, 1939 and took control of the country, with Mussolini proclaiming Italy's figurehead King being King of Albania. Mussolini, in October 1940, used his Albanian base to launch an attack on Greece, which led to the defeat of the Italian forces.During Italian occupation, the Albanian population was subject to a policy of forced Italianization by the Kingdom's Italian governors in which the use of the Albanian language was discouraged in schools while the Italian language was promoted, and colonization of Albania by Italians was encouraged.

During World War II, Albanian nationalist groups, including communist partisans, fought against the Italians and subsequently the Germans. By October 1944 they had thrown the Germans out. The partially French-educated Enver Hoxha became the leader of the country by virtue of his position as secretary general of the Party of Labor (the Albanian Communist Party). The Communist Party was created on November 8, 1941 with the help of the Yugoslavian Communist Party.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Surrreeee they are.

Anyway, people, go read these:
www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2008/07/an-abominable-b.php
www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2008/07/the-bin-ladens.php

And just to establish some street cred, Michael Totten was embedded with the USMC in Fallujah not to long ago.

People in Kosovo love us. They fuckin love us. They name things after our Presidents, the fly our flags. They spray paint "Thanks USA and Bush.” on things.
Oh, and Kosovo mostly identifies itself with Israel. And if other Muslims loved Kosovo so much you'd think one of their countries would have recognized their independence by now.

Serbia? Serbia burns our embassies.

Go to that link, check the pictures, and tell me that Kosovo is run by extremist Muslims nuts who want women in long black robes and ban the sale of alcohol just like in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Well atleast he was taking the jihadi's on way before us.
But sure the Srebrenica situation was genocide thus wrong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He likely killed a bunch of people who prayed at other churches too.

And anyone else he thought was in the way of his "pure" "Greater Serbia".
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
People in Kosovo love us. They fuckin love us. They name things after our Presidents, the fly our flags. They spray paint "Thanks USA and Bush.” on things....

I should hope so. We stole a part of a sovereign nation and handed it over to them; if that doesn't buy their ass-kissing for a few generations, I don't know what will.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Ought to hang him, it's a real shame the Hague court doesn't impose the death penalty.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
That is a damn shame.

+1
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People in Kosovo love us. They fuckin love us. They name things after our Presidents, the fly our flags. They spray paint "Thanks USA and Bush.” on things....

I should hope so. We stole a part of a sovereign nation and handed it over to them; if that doesn't buy their ass-kissing for a few generations, I don't know what will.

Exactly right.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#50]
The Balkans is a relatively simple region, and borders and justifications should be relatively easy to sum up in a few paragraphs on the internet.  

All that being said, torture of non combatants, killing children, etc., is bad, and from what I can tell is not limited to any one group in that area.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top