Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/12/2006 8:58:28 AM EDT
Link to foiled Ninja

News
ATF rids Univ. of ninja threat

By CAROLINE ERVIN
Published , April 12, 2006, 06:00:01 AM EDT

ATF agents are always on alert for anything suspicious — including ninjas.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearm agents, on campus Tuesday for Project Safe Neighborhoods training, detained a “suspicious individual” near the Georgia Center, University Police Chief Jimmy Williamson said.

Jeremiah Ransom, a sophomore from Macon, was leaving a Wesley Foundation pirate vs. ninja event when he was detained.

After being held in investigative detention, he was found to have violated no criminal laws and was not arrested.

“It was surreal,” Ransom said. “I was jogging from Wesley to Snelling when I heard someone yell ‘freeze.’”

Ransom said he thought a friend was playing a joke before he realized officers had guns drawn and pointed at him.

ATF agents had noticed Ransom’s suspicious behavior and clothing and gave chase, apprehending him, Williamson said.

“Agents noticed someone wearing a bandanna across the face and acting in a somewhat suspicious manner, peeping around the corner,” said ATF special agent in charge Vanessa McLemore.

Ransom was wearing black sweatpants and an athletic T-shirt with one red bandanna covering the bottom half of his face and another covering the top of his head, Williamson said.

“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

Agents noticed Ransom peering around a corner and said when police sirens sounded, he took off running.

After chasing Ransom and identifying themselves, ATF agents detained him, turning him over once University Police arrived, McLemore said.

Ransom said Williamson told him the incident should not have been handled in such a manner and he would file a complaint with the ATF.

“I was in shock, to say the least,” Ransom said.

No dogs were harmed in this event.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#1]

he would file a complaint with the ATF.

Well, NOW they're screwed!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

From a 'federal standpoint - that's not right" WTF? - Well woopie-do Ajeunt SmartGURL yer gonna get a promotion!

That has to rank up there with one of the DUMBEST quotes from the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The pirates have taken over the ATF and are using their position to oppress law-abiding ninjas.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#4]

“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said

Whatever that means, it scares me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I'm off to bury all my unregistered Ninjas.  I can't believe the ATF has jurisdiction on Ninjas but for certain- they can have my Ninjas when they pry them from my cold dead hands!

Sly
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

From a 'federal standpoint - that's not right" WTF? - Well woopie-do Ajeunt SmartGURL yer gonna get a promotion!

yeah, WTF? now there is a dress code that feds require us to abide by...?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#7]
HEY ATF.....
BOOGY BOOGY BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  RUUUUUN BITCHES!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#8]
AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

CAN YE SMELL IT!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Maybe they should attend some of the illegal immigrant rallies where people are covering their faces with bandanas?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wearing masks in public is a punishable offense in many states(results of the KKK's use of masks in their terrorizing campaigns against blacks and the whites who supported equal rights); however, I do not believe there is a federal law against it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well I'm off to bury all my unregistered Ninjas.  I can't believe the ATF has jurisdiction on Ninjas but for certain- they can have my Ninjas when they pry them from my cold dead hands!

Sly

I lost all my ninjas in a tragic boating accident.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wearing masks in public is a punishable offense in many states(results of the KKK's use of masks in their terrorizing campaigns against blacks and the whites who supported equal rights); however, I do not believe there is a federal law against it.

Put the ATF in charge of it and next thing you know having an old bandana in your drawer + haveing a face = constructive intent to wear a mask.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#13]
[“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss /quote]

Every Halloween evil-do'ers visit my house
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
OK Kids were were playing Cowboys and Indians and the Law saw them. Kinda like that asassian(sp) game people are playing with water pistols. It only a matter of time before someone gets shot lurking in the bushes with a watergun.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Put the ATF in charge of it and next thing you know having an old bandana in your drawer + haveing a face = constructive intent to wear a mask.

WTB: Pre-ban bandana and Ninja sweats.  For recreational use, of course. I Ninja on the weekends.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sly

Lost all my ninjas in a boating accident.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said

Well, if you are standing in the federal, it is not right to see someone with something across the face.

Of course, I'm not sure where the federal is.  And what in particular about standing in the federal makes seeing someone with something across the face not right?  
Also, what is the face?  The face doesn't belong to anyone, because it isn't possessive.  Is there something out there that is just refered to as the face?

Just to be safe, I'm going to tie a shoestring to the charging handle of my AR-15.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#18]
BATFETTYCWAYF

Bearu of Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives, and Things That You Can Wear Across Your Face
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Thank God that kid had never been to Real Ultimate Power, the Official Ninja Website, or all those ATF agents would be dead right now.  And probably half the U of Ga campus!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Look you need to wear the clothes that big brother wants you to wear. Ninjas are dangerous they have swords! Which the government will ban when they remove all of those terrible guns, from you hoodlums. Because every one knows people don’t kill people, guns, swords, knives, and small stones do. Hey ninjas look different so it’s ok!

Ninja discrimination from the BATF, because that’s not right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#21]
So when is the ATF going to make Muslim women register their Burqa's?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#22]
NINJA REPORT!

NINJA DOWN!

http://media.redandblack.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/443c71ed40b94-32-1.jpg
This photo, taken by a student’s camera phone, shows ATF officials pinning down Jeremiah Ransom in front of Snelling dining hall. He was coming from a pirate vs. ninja event at the Wesley Foundation and was not arrested. (Kathleen Ruark | The Red & Black)
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
NINJA REPORT!

NINJA DOWN!

media.redandblack.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/443c71ed40b94-32-1.jpg
This photo, taken by a student’s camera phone, shows ATF officials pinning down Jeremiah Ransom in front of Snelling dining hall. He was coming from a pirate vs. ninja event at the Wesley Foundation and was not arrested. (Kathleen Ruark | The Red & Black)

Nice.

So you have a college kid, which the agents have no reason to believe has commited any crime, and yet even after he is cuffed these JBTs feel the need to keep a knee on the back of his neck.

At least his college is going to be paid for.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
NINJA REPORT!

NINJA DOWN!

They're lucky Jeremiah Ransom didn't totally flip out and go Van Damn on em.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#25]

if it weren't so lame, it would be almost... um... nevermind
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#26]

“Seeing someone with something across the face, from a federal standpoint — that’s not right,” McLemore said, explaining why agents believed something to be amiss.

Hmmm...

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd hate patrolling a college campus.  It's a different world, nothing at all like real life.  College cops probably see this stuff all the time, whereas if I see someone peeking around corners & running while wearing a mask I'm going to wonder WTF they're up to.  I'm not up on this whole ninja vs. pirate thing  

Off campus it'd probably turn out more like this:

Man can't believe it when police respond because he wore a ski mask into the bank

Solution:  Ban colleges, it's for the children

Sure, it's ironic hearing the ATFE say masks are suspicious when the ATFE wears them.  But they weren't wearing them on the college campus  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#28]
touche!

I'll bet his neck still hurts, looks like it would.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Guess the BATFE need to add an 'N' to their organization

BATFEN!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Hmmm...

files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload7/atf_agent_shrunk_2.jpg

Oh snap!

Sly
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#31]
pirates are way cooler than ninjas
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah.  They are cocksuckers.... what do you want?

Seriously.  What happened to the day when you might say use the following technique:

See Ninja running down street.

non-JBT - "Sir.  Please stop.  (Show Badge) I'd like to speak with you for a moment."

Ninja - "What?"

non-JBT - "Can you please tell me why you are dressed  in XYZ, as a LEO I have some concerns when I see someone running masking thier face and I need to investigate that."

Proceed to listen to the answer and make a rational choice about detaining or releasing the individual.  

Unless that kid turned with a fucking samuri sword or someone was recently reported as having commited a violent act dressed in this mannor, guns out and knees to the neck were not called for.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain why we should be unconcerned though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#33]
They thought he was making fun of JBTs
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Which states ban head coverings or hoods?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Chuck Norris would have roundhouse kicked the ATF agents in the face.  Twice.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Seriously.  What happened to the day when you might say use the following technique:

non-JBT - "Sir.  Please stop.  (Show Badge) I'd like to speak with you for a moment."

Ninja - "What?"

non-JBT - "Can you please tell me why you are dressed  in XYZ, as a LEO I have some concerns when I see someone running masking thier face and I need to investigate that."

Proceed to listen to the answer and make a rational choice about detaining or releasing the individual.  

Unless that kid turned with a fucking samuri sword or someone was recently reported as having commited a violent act dressed in this mannor, guns out and knees to the neck were not called for.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain why we should be unconcerned though.

Don't worry, John_in_Austin or someone else will be along shortly to tell you that that knee to the neck of that kid is perfectly fine, he's just being restrained...in fact it works great on cute 105lb roller girls too...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#37]
OMFG!!!! They finally caught up with the Urban Ninja!

media.putfile.com/urban_ninja
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
NINJA REPORT!

NINJA DOWN!

He looks arrested to me!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#39]
All I can think is
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NINJA REPORT!

NINJA DOWN!

Nice.

So you have a college kid, which the agents have no reason to believe has commited any crime, and yet even after he is cuffed these JBTs feel the need to keep a knee on the back of his neck.

At least his college is going to be paid for.

Maybe we can get some of the money for you.  You seem to be a little light on the uptake today.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

However it's worded, a masked, dark clothed person running around at night and peeping around corners IS susipicious.

Sometimes I think you all will do anything to be mad at the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]
The picture shows daylight.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Good thing the person with the camera phone wasn't spotted, otherwise they probably would have found themselves with a jackboot to the face too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#44]
and these officers had jurisdiction to detain him how?.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Can anybody give me instructions on how to convert my Olympic M4gery to NINJA?

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

However it's worded, a masked, dark clothed person running around at night and peeping around corners IS susipicious.

As mentioned the picture clearly shows it's broad daylight.  Sometimes I think you all will toss in any assumption to make someone look like a cop basher.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#47]

WTF?!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#48]
ah. now i dont run around dressed as a ninja, but sometimes i dress in ah.. what i call technical stuff, which might to some look vaguely military, and sometimes i run with this stuff on.. or ride a mountain bike, which is why i put the stuff on in the first place.. never where a mask or bandana though, and sometimes i am armed.. now if some guys that weren't obviously cops, those guys dont seem to be wearing cop stuff, and they suddenly tried to stop me, and i was armed.. and violence insued...

seems like a sorta bad precedent to me... and a little scary, plainclothes dudes 'apprehending' running persons on a college campus... course in the old days they just let the NG loose with loaded rifles....
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bright day light in the photo.......................
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Ninja - "What?"

I'm not gonna bother reading the rest of this, nor check back in to see how this thing turns out...but ole Grunteled here is right. My 2cents? ATF guys do not have (on the whole) the practice of consensual contact and reasonable suspicion stops that most street cops have. Unfair as it sounds, most work behind a desk and just don't deal with ninjas and pirates enough.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top