Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2004 12:46:17 PM EDT
Just heard on WBAL news radio that at least 5 people have been shot at Randallstown High School in Baltimore County, MD.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Aww shit
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought guns weren't allowed in Maryland.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
So close to the AWB sunset...who would have guessed?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Mot likely a member of the DU.....trying to get us bad press. HAven't they saidif Bush getsin they are starting a revolution?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
These happen with regularity, and there hasn't been one in a while.

I see nothing of it yet...

The fact remains, that we lived through the DC Sniper shootings without an outbreak of legislation, so a school shooting with a Jennings .380 will be little more than a futile drum for them to beat, I hope...  Those of you miles away from the DC stuff don't know just how much it impacted everyone around here, and I am on the fringes of their area.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
<sigh>

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
The funny thing is, while the anti-gunners are going to use this to get more people against guns, it supports gun freedom!  Maryland has very little gun freedom, and schools are "gun-free" zones, and yet there's a shooting.  There have been so many school shootings in the news prior to this.  Just goes to prove the tired old saying that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle,
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]
RANDALLSTOWN, Md. -- Baltimore County police told 11 News that officers have responded to a triple shooting at Randallstown High School in Baltimore County late Friday afternoon.

SkyTeam 11 reports that Baltimore County police are reportedly searching for one gunman who was seen driving a black BMW 745i with spinning hub caps. Police are canvassing the area to find the person who they believe is the suspect -- police believe the suspect is not inside the school. SkyTeam 11 reported that authorities are searching for one man.

Five medic units have responded to treat the gunshot victims, SkyTeam 11 reported.

This report continues to develop, Refresh this page often and watch WBAL-TV 11 News for the latest updates.

http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3281137/detail.html
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The funny thing is, while the anti-gunners are going to use this to get more people against guns, it supports gun freedom!  Maryland has very little gun freedom, and schools are "gun-free" zones, and yet there's a shooting.  There have been so many school shootings in the news prior to this.  Just goes to prove the tired old saying that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns.

This always backfires, because their position is that these weapons come from states without strict control.  Use caution when relying on this argument...
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Spinning hub caps....wellllll alllrighty then, I'll be the first to slap the GANG RELATED stereotype on this.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Spinning hub caps are cool.

what are spinning hub caps?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
RANDALLSTOWN, Md. -- Baltimore County police told 11 News that officers have responded to a triple shooting at Randallstown High School in Baltimore County late Friday afternoon.

SkyTeam 11 reports that Baltimore County police are reportedly searching for one gunman who was seen driving a black BMW 745i with spinning hub caps. Police are canvassing the area to find the person who they believe is the suspect -- police believe the suspect is not inside the school. SkyTeam 11 reported that authorities are searching for one man.

Five medic units have responded to treat the gunshot victims, SkyTeam 11 reported.

This report continues to develop, Refresh this page often and watch WBAL-TV 11 News for the latest updates.

www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3281137/detail.html

BMW 745i, Spinning hubcaps, [cough]bling[cough]

Hope everyone is ok

Any word on the illegal weapon used?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Didja see the movie Malibu's Finest?

Spinning Rims
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This always backfires, because their position is that these weapons come from states without strict control.  Use caution when relying on this argument...

Ah, but why does it seem like all the shootings happen in states with the most gun laws?  Wouldn't it be easier in a state with few gun laws?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spinning Rims

Nope, never saw it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
SkyTeam 11 reports that Baltimore County police are reportedly searching for one gunman who was seen driving a black BMW 745i with spinning hub caps.

Lets campaign to ban spinners
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, bad timing with the MMM doing their march on Washington to renew the ban this weekend. On the other hand, sounds like it might be gang-related (who drives to high school in a BMW with spinning hubcaps?). If it is gang-related, it won't have much propaganda value.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I doubt its truly gang related at Randallstown, that is too far from downtown to be gangs.  But it sure as hell sounds drug related.  The school kids involved, more than likely being dealers, probably ripped off their supplier.  So Mr Bling comes to the school to teach them a lesson.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, but why does it seem like all the shootings happen in states with the most gun laws?  Wouldn't it be easier in a state with few gun laws?

Stop talking sense, man!  The antis' arguments aren't based on logic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spinning Rims

Wow!  Those are made from "engineering plastic"!  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spinning Rims

Nope, never saw it.

Ghetto shit.  Unfortunately, I'm starting to see it in nicer neighborhoods as subarbanites adopt them to fit in with the hip hop crowd.  Just more "look at me" material.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Well gee, I thinks the spinning rims give away the fact that it was a ni--a
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:30:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

using Guiness commercial voice "BRILLIANT!"
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Could as easily be a wi--a
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope! People in those states shoot back!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Notice how there was very little national media attention to this shooting?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle, please let it be a deer rifle,

please let it be a handgun please let it be a handgun please let it be a handgun
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

to the antis/ news outlets:

semi auto= ak47 assault rifle

single shot derringer= saturday night special

Handgun= high capacity

hunting/ target rifle = sniper rifle.

It will be spun around to sound evil no matter what it was.

Even if it was a deer rifle or handgun, they'll mention the AWB so people will associate this shooting with assault weapons and the need to ban them.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Notice how there was very little national media attention to this shooting?

GunLvr

That's because it happened in Maryland, outside of Baltimore...a part of the country with very strict gun laws.  The anti's don't want the sheep hearing about this because they may be smart enough to figure out that their stupid gun laws don't work.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Last thing I heard about it, they were describing it as a run-of-the-mill drive-by that happened to take place near a school.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spinning Rims

Now only 4 for $100
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I told you guys all we have to do is ban criminals then all these other bans won't be needed anymore.

Another poor redneck in his BMW with $2,000 rims goes on a spree!  Was a loud rap booming sound heard from the stereo as it drove off?  I'm sure it was a white guy in a van.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#36]
I was sitting at a stop light with my kids in the car a couple weeks back when a bling-bling Impala with the spinner rims stopped next to us.  I didn't notice it until my four year-old said "Daddy, why are the wheels on that car still moving?"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I never knew about these until I saw it on Arfkom-I did notice a few after someone told me what they were. I don't know that they make them for F-150s so we don't have them here.

I bet you could find some to fit.  Afterall I've seen them on Expeditions, I figure it is the same bolt pattern.  

I see A LOT of these in the STL.  Usually on Escalades, Yukons or other large SUVs.  I think they get them because 24 inch wheels and 40 series tires help enhance the offroad performance.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn just read the update.........

Fat kid and two others shoot at basketball players with semiauto handgun in school parking lot.

Do the math............................

Tj

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Fat kid and two others shoot at basketball players with semiauto handgun in school parking lot.

Tj

Hmmm,  300lb kid in Black BMW with spinning rims.

That guy is gonna be really hard to find.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tj

Hmmm,  300lb kid in Black BMW with spinning rims.

That guy is gonna be really hard to find.  

I believe the phrase you're searching for is "turd in a punchbowl"...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to the antis/ news outlets:

semi auto= ak47 assault rifle

single shot derringer= saturday night special

Handgun= high capacity

hunting/ target rifle = sniper rifle.

It will be spun around to sound evil no matter what it was.

Even if it was a deer rifle or handgun, they'll mention the AWB so people will associate this shooting with assault weapons and the need to ban them.

Hoppy8420

You left out:

shotgun = street sweeper

CR
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I doubt its truly gang related at Randallstown, that is too far from downtown to be gangs.  But it sure as hell sounds drug related.  The school kids involved, more than likely being dealers, probably ripped off their supplier.  So Mr Bling comes to the school to teach them a lesson.

Get your head out of the sand.....gangs are EVRYWHERE....not just the big cities.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing on the Weapon, but All are ok, except 1 guy in Critical Condition:
-----------------------------------------
NBC4 - Third Suspect Arrested In High School Shooting

Third Suspect Arrested In High School Shooting
Police Look For Fourth Suspect

UPDATED: 1:18 PM EDT May 10, 2004

TOWSON, Md. -- A third suspect has been arrested in the Randallstown High School shootings.

A Baltimore television station reports Tyrone Brown, 23, was arrested Monday morning at his home in northwest Baltimore.

Police were staking out his home in the 4200 block of Newbern Avenue, and arrested him when he returned to the address about dawn.

Brown was the suspect identified previously by witnesses as "Fat Boy." Charging documents say he weighs 327 pounds.

A district court commissioner denied bail for Brown. He is expected to have a formal bail review on Tuesday.

Not long after a charity basketball game on Friday afternoon, four students were shot in the parking lot of Randallstown High School. Police said an argument between Matthew McCullough, 17, and someone else earlier in the week sparked a fight that escalated into the shooting.

Police said the suspects started shooting indiscriminately in the crowd and they believe McCullough, a student at the school, was one of the triggermen. McCullough turned himself in to Baltimore County police Sunday after two days on the run.

Police arrested Ronald Johnson, 20, on the day of the shooting. Johnson and McCullough were denied bail at hearings Monday morning.

All three suspects are charged with attempted murder and assault in the shootings Friday afternoon that wounded four people.

A fourth suspect is still being sought.

Two of the victims are out of the hospital. Two others are still being treated, including William Thomas, who remains in critical condition.

Students were in class on Monday. School officials made counselors available to help students, while police planned to be on patrol in and around the school.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
So close to the AWB sunset...who would have guessed?

My tin foil hat was getting the same signal. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they actually pay people to do this shit just to further their agenda. Kind of funny that they would pick the stereotypical "shooters" to do it... why not get a white collar, mini-van driving person to do it... then it would send the message that even "normal" people are turned into madmen when they touch a gun.

Speaking of mini-vans... I was thinking about putting some spinners on mine... and those neon under carriage lights, those irritating blue halogen headlights, a chain thing around my license plate, and a crown insence holder. This way when I roll up into Baltimore to go to Hooters at Inner Harbor, I won't get disrespected.

WORD!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top