Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/26/2004 5:31:11 PM EST
Michigan:

I'm just hearing that the 6th circuit just overturned the dimocrat's judge shopped order they got last week which would have required counting provisional ballots no matter what precinct they were cast it.

The court of appeals said, er, no... you have to vote in your precinct and if you do not, that's tough shit.

The lower court's ruling created a huge possibility of democratic vote fraud, as the precincts (relying on the long standing law) don't have any mechanism in place to cross check double voting as between precincts. The "rule" that was upheld this evening by the 6th circuit ensures that you can go vote at the wrong precinct all you want, but its only your vote that is cast in the RIGHT precinct that counts.

Good to see the democrats taking one in the ass here. They say they're not going to appeal.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:39:59 PM EST
So how do the counters know which precinct you're supposed to be in? Or if you've voted in the wrong precinct?

Hopefully each precinct has a list of voters registered in that area.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:41:31 PM EST
This is good though! Harder to commit fraud with multiple votes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:41:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By _Ugly_:
So how do the counters know which precinct you're supposed to be in? Or if you've voted in the wrong precinct?

At my poll they have a register of whom is eligable to vote in each precint. If you aren't on it, you can't vote. Simple as that. I thought that was how it worked everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:42:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By xbigfootx:

Originally Posted By _Ugly_:

At my poll they have a register of whom is eligable to vote in each precint. If you aren't on it, you can't vote. Simple as that. I thought that was how it worked everywhere.

That's how it works here. I didn't know if it was the same there or not. Thanks.
Top Top