Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:53:19 AM EDT
Probably a dupe by the time I hit submit
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#1]
So much for 'seepage'.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#2]
A bomb not doubt.  That damn Bush!  Or was it the Jews this time???
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Source?  I'm hearing rumors that dozens of blocks are filling w/ water and we can assume that, but do we know for sure yet?  Can't find any definitive source yet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe this could be considered the 'rinse cycle'.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

it was equated earlier to a "two flusher"...  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#7]
They have it up on Fox News now, it said the street closest to the levee was waist deep already and rising fast
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup...Bush blew it up again!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I have my Ronco Home Hurricane Generator going, and I'm trying to turn Rita.  I'm hoping to get it to finish the job and wash NO clean down to the foundations.
matthew
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#11]
There's NO BREACH.  Army Corps of Engineers live on MSNBC right now said it's not a breach of the breach, it's an overtopping.  There's a surge due to the wind and rain and it's spilling over the top. Water is rising 3-inches every minute.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There's NO BREACH.

Quoted:

Water flows through a breach in the repaired Inner Harbor Canal towards the Ninth Ward District Friday in New Orleans.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I am beginning to think that God is seriously pissed off at New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]

"I say again, there is NO BREACH this time...."

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#16]
QUICK!! SOMEBODY HAND MAYOR NOTMYFAULT AND HIS LEO CHIEF ANCHORS!!!  

eta: Or just tie a bunch of them confiscated firearms around their necks!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's NO BREACH.

Quoted:
msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050923/050923_newOrleans_hmed_9a.h2.jpg
Water flows through a breach in the repaired Inner Harbor Canal towards the Ninth Ward District Friday in New Orleans.

thats got to suck!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#18]
BREACHES SHOULD BE BANNED FROM CIVILIAN USE!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

But why?  There are no blacks to kill in NO right now.  Shouldn't he have waited until they all moved back?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
There's NO BREACH.  Army Corps of Engineers live on MSNBC right now said it's not a breach of the breach, it's an overtopping.  There's a surge due to the wind and rain and it's spilling over the top. Water is rising 3-inches every minute.

www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/23/D8CQ2AKG0.html

Hurricane Rita's steady rains sent water pouring through breaches in a patched levee Friday, cascading into one of the city's lowest-lying neighborhoods in a devastating repeat of New Orleans' flooding nightmare.

"Our worst fears came true," said Maj. Barry Guidry of the Georgia National Guard.

"We have three significant breaches in the levee and the water is rising rapidly," he said. "At daybreak I found substantial breaks and they've grown larger."

Dozens of blocks in the Ninth Ward were under water as a waterfall at least 30 feet wide poured over and through a dike that had been used to patch breaks in the Industrial Canal levee. On the street that runs parallel to the canal, the water ran waist-deep and was rising fast. Guidry said water was rising about three inches a minute.

The impoverished neighborhood was one of the areas of the city hit hardest by Katrina's floodwaters and finally had been pumped dry before Hurricane Rita struck.

Throughout Friday morning, water began rising again onto buckled homes, piles of rubble and mud-caked cars that Katrina had covered with up to 20 feet of water.

Sally Forman, an aide to Mayor Ray Nagin, said officials knew the levees were compromised, but they believe that the Ninth Ward is cleared of residents.

"I wouldn't imagine there's one person down there," Forman said.

Mitch Frazier, a spokesman for the Army Corps of Engineers, said contractors were being brought in Friday morning to repair the new damage. The corps had earlier installed 60-foot sections of metal across some of the city's canals to protect against flooding and storm surges.

Forecasters say anywhere from 3 to 5 inches of rain could fall in New Orleans as Rita passes Friday and Saturday, dangerously close to the 6 inches of rain that Corps officials say the patched levees can withstand.

Another concern is the storm surge accompanying Rita, which could send water rising as much as 3 to 5 feet above high tide.

Already Friday morning, a steady 20 mph wind, with gusts to 35 mph, was blowing, along with steady rains.

Because of uncertain weather conditions from Hurricane Rita, the recovery of bodies was suspended but previous discoveries pushed the death toll from Hurricane Katrina to 841 in Louisiana, and at least 1,078 across the Gulf Coast.

As many as 500,000 people in southwestern Louisiana, many of them already displaced by Hurricane Katrina, were told to evacuate and many jammed roads north to escape.

In New Iberia, Glynn Stevenson, who swam out of his New Orleans house with belongings taped to his body, had just gotten settled into a trailer provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency when the call came for him to uproot again.

"It's nothing to get mad about," he said. "Just keep a cool attitude and help your brothers."

As for those who refuse to leave, Gov. Kathleen Blanco advised: "Perhaps they should write their Social Security numbers on their arms with indelible ink."

Rita was headed for a Texas landfall but the massive storm threatened southwestern Louisiana as well, with tropical storm-force winds expected by noon and hurricane-force winds of 74 mph or higher by early Saturday. Flash floods were possible as 10 to 15 inches of rain was forecast.

National Guard and medical units were put on standby. Helicopters were being positioned, and search-and-rescue boats from the state wildlife department were staged on high ground on the edge of Rita's projected path. Blanco said she also asked for 15,000 more federal troops.

Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad Allen said three days worth of food, water and other supplies for 500,000 people are ready and waiting around Louisiana, if needed after Rita.

A mandatory evacuation order was in effect for homes on the eastern bank of the Mississippi, and police said people in the city's Algiers section on the other side of the river would be wise to get out, too. But thousands stayed put.

"I'm sticking it out," said Florida Richardson, who sat on her front porch in Algiers, holding her grandson on her lap. "This house is 85 years old. It's seen a lot of tornadoes and a lot of hurricanes. You can't run from the power of God."

A traffic jam of evacuees extended from Houston and other Texas cities well into Louisiana, with Interstate 10 congested across southern Louisiana.

Billy Landry, a marina manager in Cypremort Point, wasn't going to stay for Rita. He planned to haul himself and thousands of soft-shell crabs to safety.

"Since Katrina, everybody seems a little nervous. They don't want to get pulled from rooftops," he said.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But why?  There are no blacks to kill in NO right now.  Shouldn't he have waited until they all moved back?

Its a herding tactic.  To keep them away and grouped together.  He has something much worse planned for them but they need to be herded away from NO for the plan to work.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

It's a confirm...Just hear on the news...A NG at NO said the worst fear is happening.  Some areas are starting to flood again.

no offense but, if it has already flooded and is now filling back up with water, how is that  a worst case scenario?

To me a worst case scenario is Houston or all of the refineries and chemical plants flooding and or being destroyed. IMHO
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a confirm...Just hear on the news...A NG at NO said the worst fear is happening.  Some areas are starting to flood again.

no offense but, if it has already flooded and is now filling back up with water, how is that  a worst case scenario?

To me a worst case scenario is Houston or all of the refineries and chemical plants flooding and or being destroyed. IMHO

What til the Rita stalls out north of NOLA and dumps +35" of rain.  Where does all that water want to go?  Answer:  into the Mississippi River to flow downstream through New Orleans to the Gulf of Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:28:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm having lunch and just turned on the TV.  NOLA is so screwed.  FoxNews has got some live video of flowing water with the caption:  "NATL GUARD: SIGNIFICANT BREACHES GETTING LARGER".
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Have the police started looting again?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Funny
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was equated earlier to a "two flusher"...  

BOTH of those are hysterical!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#32]
The Hiburton hurricane making machine couldn't miss a second time.  One thing about Jorge Bush is that he always finishes the job.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What til the Rita stalls out north of NOLA and dumps +35" of rain.  Where does all that water want to go?  Answer:  into the Mississippi River to flow downstream through New Orleans to the Gulf of Mexico.

Key word being "THROUGH"

NO is definately fubar'd    

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I would have bet money that was a photoshop, but it isn't.  What is with New Orleans and school buses?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#35]
That bus is Ray Nagin's own personal "short bus".
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's NO BREACH.

Quoted:
msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050923/050923_newOrleans_hmed_9a.h2.jpg

At the time I posted that there was no breach, the water was ONLY spilling over the top.  Don't make me out to look like an asshole.  Your update came AN HOUR AFTER mine after of which the water spilling over the top overcame the patched breach.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#37]

I don't know for sure, but to me it's the school buses that are causing all this flooding.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
That bus is Ray Nagin's own personal "short bus".

Pre-positioned right next to the weakest part of the levee for maximum evacuation effectiveness.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I don't know for sure, but to me it's the school buses that are causing all this flooding.

Ban them!  Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikinews/en/b/b2/Bus_yard-rotate.jpg

Its a conspiracy! Yipe!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#41]
THAT is not a "breach" thats a broken levy...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
THAT is not a "breach" thats a broken levy...

Care to explain the difference?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Goody gooody, goody, 2 lootins in one year.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Rininsing the debauchery.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Someone has to put the looter in this picture.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#46]
looting the shortbus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#47]

You'd think they would have had enough of showing hurricane evacuation vehicles sitting in 5 feet of water.

Guess not.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#49]
And to think Mayor Dumbfuck Nagin got pissed at Pres. Bush because the good mayor urged all the citizens of NO to come on back, and Pres. Bush disagreed with him.

Democrats are stupid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The Hiburton hurricane making machine couldn't miss a second time.  One thing about Jorge Bush is that he always finishes the job.

Someone give this man an award.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top