Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/30/2004 7:14:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 7:17:47 PM EST by NYPatriot]
Maybe this news will pull some of us down off the ledge!

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1232139/posts
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:15:48 PM EST
Bet you never hear of it on network news.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:15:51 PM EST
Kerry Campaign Unknowingly Recorded Claming "Debtate was a Draw"
Drudge Report ^ | 9-30-04 | Drudge

Posted on 09/30/2004 9:07:49 PM PDT by Bronco_Buster_FweetHyagh

LOCKHART: DEBATE CONSENSUS A 'DRAW'

Unbeknownst to Kerry adviser Mike McCurry, a C-SPAN camera quietly followed McCurry as he found Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart on Spin Alley floor and asked him his impression of the debate. Lockhart candidly said to McCurry , “The consensus is it was a draw.”

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:16:15 PM EST
They just don't understand the power of the Internet do they...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:16:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:17:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:17:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By NYPatriot:
Maybe this news will pull some of us off the ledge!

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1232139/posts

Frankly, I think a few of us need to jump off the damn ledge.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:17:54 PM EST
Nobody will report this on TV except maybe Fox.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:18:23 PM EST
there was a debate tonight? I thought there was gonna be a bush bashing. I didnt see it all but it was all old news they never give straight answers although, bush was pointing out alot of scarie's flip flops, like we didnt know he does that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:19:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By CRC:

CRC

Does that matter anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:23:33 PM EST
Kerry lied when he said in the debate the subway was closed in New York during the RNC. Two entrances were closed, that is all. He touted this "fact" as a sign that it wasn't getting safer.

WILL PENN STATION BE CLOSED?
No. Penn Station, which sits directly beneath Madison Square Garden, services the Long Island Railroad, New Jersey Transit and Amtrak. Penn Station will remain open during the convention. Law enforcement officers from several agencies will patrol the trains entering the station. The entrances to Penn Station along Eighth Avenue will be closed during the RNC. The entrance on the south side of West 34th Street between Seventh and Eighth Avenues will remain open. In order to avoid the congestion expected at Seventh Avenue and West 34th Street, it may be advisable to access this entrance from the West (Eighth Avenue) side. Additionally, the entrance at West 32nd Street and Seventh Avenue will remain open. Thirty-second Street will be similar to a pedestrian walkway between Sixth Avenue and Seventh Avenue in order to facilitate the flow into and out of Penn Station. To ease egress, it is recommended that commuters go to Sixth Avenue to access West 32nd Street and enter Penn Station from the east. Service on the Seventh and Eighth Avenue subway lines (1, 2, 3, 9, A, C and E trains) will continue during the convention as well. Penn Station can be accessed from both subway lines without the need to ascend above ground. Taking the subway to and from Penn Station may be a viable alternative for some commuters rather than exiting Penn Station directly to street level. Commuters should allow some extra time for their trip as every train will be inspected by law enforcement personnel prior to entering Penn Station
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:27:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
They just don't understand the power of the Internet do they...

BINGO!

The pols and "traditional" media just don't get it (and frankly don't want to). They've spent so much time building up "The System" that the idea that ANYONE with a cheap computer and a phone line can now participate in and directly benift from a system that has nothing to do with them and doesn't need to drink from their watering holes any more has got to be driving them insane.

As the population ages, fewer and fewer will rely on broadcast network and large publishers for their information. The younger generations who grow up on blogs and the like will KNOW the "mainstream" are full of shit.

It can't happen soon enough to suit me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:36:59 PM EST
It can't happen soon enough to suit me either.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:40:17 PM EST
Sadly GW and his people also don't realise how much of their lead they owe to the internet. They think that keeping their mouth shut, sticking to the facts when they do speek, and letting Kerry self destruct is a natural thing, but they don't seem to acknowledge that if there was only the conventional media Kerry would be crushing him. Only the Internet is there to point out Kerry's lies, and the medias collusion with them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:43:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:47:41 PM EST

CRC

Well Fox's viewership now exceeds all cable news and broadcast news combined.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:52:05 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:53:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:

CRC

Well Fox's viewership now exceeds all cable news and broadcast news combined.

But they are STILL considered "right wing corporate ass kissers" by the loony-left.

Gee... I guess that would make the viewers "right wing" as well, otherwise they'd still be watching the liberal shills on CBS/ABC/NBC, etc...

The Left in this country simply think if they scream, shout, lie enough they'll get their way. I think the "Silent Majority" has had just about enough of their shit and it's showing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:03:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 8:14:51 PM EST by lokt]
Honestly, even with my right wing bias ( ), i thought GWB is a fucking tool of a public speaker. I'm surprised and somewhat happy that they conceded that much to dubya. W has no IPC skills, and he looked absofuckinglutely ate up on stage. hunched over that stupid fucking podium and speaking in a low, barely audible voice, he sounded like a pathetic sack of shit. --My brutally honest take on his pathetic performance. ferchristsakes, man, sack up and show some spirit instead of being on the defensive almost the entire night.
oh yeah, every time he took a drink, his facial expression resembled that of someone drinking straight $5/half gallon vodka. The same kind they serve to people that live under a bridge. Honestly, wtf is wrong with this guy?

dubya, you're a good guy (almost) but you can't debate for shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:03:24 PM EST
If anyof you have a DU account please post this. I want to see the reaction. They are acting like they won the superbowl.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:07:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hexagram13:
If anyof you have a DU account please post this. I want to see the reaction. They are acting like they won the superbowl.

they might as well have. I watched a significant amount of the debate, and was bored/appalled at half of it. 'like, uhh, ...' WTF???
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:15:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 8:16:34 PM EST by NYPatriot]

Honestly, even with my right wing bias ( ), I thought GWB is a fucking tool of a public speaker. I'm surprised and somewhat happy that they conceded that much to dubya. W has no IPC skills, and he looked absofuckinglutely ate up on stage. hunched over that stupid fucking podium and speaking in a low, barely audible voice, he sounded like a pathetic sack of shit. --My brutally honest take on his pathetic performance. ferchristsakes, man, sack up and show some spirit instead of being on the defensive almost the entire night.
oh yeah, every time he took a drink, his facial expression resembled that of someone drinking straight $5/half gallon vodka. The same kind they serve to people that live under a bridge. Honestly, wtf is wrong with this guy?

If I'm going to be brutally honest, I have to agree with you Lokt. The only thing I would change is...

Dubya, you're a good guy but you can't debate to save your life.

Top Top