User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/22/2017 11:27:52 PM EDT
Those bastards!

They are racist against Asians
Can change affirmative action forever!

Basically qualified people aren't getting the job due to being the wrong skin tone.  It's worked in blacks favor for many years, and has stopped plenty of whites from getting jobs due to needing to meet a quota. Now it's affecting Asians, and they are suing since we are minorities too
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Those bastards!

They are racist against Asians
Can change affirmative action forever!

Basically qualified people aren't getting the job due to being the wrong skin tone.  It's worked in blacks favor for many years, and has stopped plenty of whites from getting jobs due to needing to meet a quota. Now it's affecting Asians, and they are suing since we are minorities too
View Quote

Yep.

ALL colleges, and most businesses discriminate against Whites and Asians, legally.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn right Asians are minorities.
We're 5% of the population. Seems to me that 5% is less than 13%.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Being a minority doesn't matter anymore.

It's oppressor/oppressed now, Asians are successful and therefore they're obviously oppressors like white people.

Unless they're leftists in which case they're in the "champion of the oppressed" category.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nah bro, your as White as the rest of us, because you are successful based on hard-work and merit, just like Whitey.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Who financed the global slave trade?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Just another reason that Affirmative Action in and of how it is written is racist. Time for it to go the fuck away.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's oppressor/oppressed now, Asians are successful and therefore they're obviously oppressors like white people.

Unless they're leftists in which case they're in the "champion of the oppressed" category.
View Quote
The most important thing is that you "bring awareness" to an issue.
If you make other people "aware" you are absolved of all your sins as a privileged oppressor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nah bro, your as White as the rest of us, because you are successful based on hard-work and merit, just like Whitey.
View Quote
Actually, it's worse.

I'm a half-White and half-Asian college educated conservative. The ultimate oppressor of dreams.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Indeed.  This is why Robert Lee started working for ESPN instead of becoming a doctor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I was once yelled at and lectured by an old black man. He kept getting mad at me, and telling me I "cut in line". I work at a pharmacy and was ringing up a drink and he was behind me.  

I answered, "No sir, I did not, but if you are in a rush, you are more than welcome to ring up ahead of me".

He responded "No, you jumped in line and it isn't fair"

I still didn't understand what's going on. Then another black guy at the store filled me in, and he basically meant "black's were in America for 300 years, prior to the Vietnamese, and we are more socially accepted than they are, and he's made about it".

I'm sorry but I wasn't asked to be born Asian American, and I have worked hard for EVERY thing I have, And I didn't expect handouts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just another reason that Affirmative Action in and of how it is written is racist. Time for it to go the fuck away.
View Quote
Let's get a petition and get it to congress/the president. We finally have the right time to get this fixed!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife and her sister are Harvard graduates.  One of my sons has the grades and test scores to get accepted.  However, I've tried to not let him get his hopes up, and have explained to him that he has three strikes against him: white, male, Catholic

Asians are probably the only group that has a harder time getting in.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:57:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Newsflash Asians: for the purposes of the dole and all forms of government cheese, you are white.

Congratulations on your promotion!

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
The only people the average black ghetto dweller hates more than every white man is the Korean guy who is the only
person brave/crazy enough to open a corner grocery in their neighborhoods
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.

They are pretty vocal and honest about their goal being "equal outcomes".  So if some races are succeeding more than others, then the way to achieve equal outcome is to  _____________ .
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:05:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The only people the average black ghetto dweller hates more than every white man is the Korean guy who is the only
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wife and her sister are Harvard graduates.  One of my sons has the grades and test scores to get accepted.  However, I've tried to not let him get his hopes up, and have explained to him that he has three strikes against him: white, male, Catholic

Asians are probably the only group that has a harder time getting in.
View Quote
No. Asians do not have a harder time. The math does not come near supporting that.  

White non Jewish males face the hardest time gaining admissions.  Once you take legacies out, it goes from bad to worse.  

Jews are the most over represented group. Asians the second. (per capita)  

What year is your wife? Graduate or undergraduate?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#18]
California had rejected affirmative action long ago, at least for university admissions.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They are pretty vocal and honest about their goal being "equal outcomes".  So if some races are succeeding more than others, then the way to achieve equal outcome is to  _____________ .
View Quote
That is not the general theme from top schools at all.  (equal outcomes)

They are actually making pretty self interested choices.   First, you let in top legacies. They are already rich brand ambassadors.  Then you let in the very top students, they have a good shot at making it.  (Jews and Asians dominate this)

You then reserve a pretty good space for the very top minorities.  Industry and government want them the most. Qualified and high performing minorities are actually the face of privilege in many ways.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's correct.  When they say disadvantaged, it doesn't count if you were born in poverty/war, and came here with no money or even a command of the language.  "Disadvantaged" just means you made stupid decisions and have ended up in a shitty place in life, and they can blame it on being "disadvantaged".  This allows them to pat themselves on the back and celebrate what righteous social "justice" warriors.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They are actually making pretty self interested choices.   First, you let in top legacies. They are already rich brand ambassadors.  Then you let in the very top students, they have a good shot at making it.  

You then reserve a pretty good space for the very top minorities.  Industry and government want them the most. Qualified and high performing minorities are actually the face of privilege in many ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are actually making pretty self interested choices.   First, you let in top legacies. They are already rich brand ambassadors.  Then you let in the very top students, they have a good shot at making it.  

I agree with you.

I should clarify that I'm talking about the general liberal ideology, rather than the Harvard admissions committee.

I always thought of it as designing an education around rich legacies.  As part of their education, you provided minorities and lower income people (i.e. people they were unlikely to have been exposed to in their every day life).  Those people were told they were getting an education, but really were there to provide an education.  No different than bringing in lab rats for science class.  It wouldn't make sense to bring it too many people from one race or socioeconomic class because that wouldn't further the education.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No. Asians do not have a harder time. The math does not come near supporting that.  

White non Jewish males face the hardest time gaining admissions.  Once you take legacies out, it goes from bad to worse.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the article:

A 2009 Princeton study showed that Asians had to score a hundred and forty points higher on the S.A.T. than whites to have the same chance of admission to top universities.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

From the article:
View Quote
Yeah, You are confusing some mathematical issues. That does not overcome the math of how many Asians there are and how many white people there are, how many are admitted and what their chances are for their given numbers.

Just going off the cuff....

Harvard lets in about 2000 undergrads a year.

20% are Asians.

50% are white. If you take out Jews and legacies, you are down to less than 10% on merit but lets go with 50%.  (if we go on the 10% merit vs the 20% Asian, which at this time is mostly merit, the conversation is over)

Asians are what, 6%? Non Hispanic white are about 65%?   Whatever the college bound cohort for each is.....Asians get admitted at a MUCH higher rate per capita of their cohort.  

My statement is an absolute truth. Because the Asian cohort has to increase standards, (because the Asians are dominate on merit) does not change that.  

Cliff notes: It is harder for a white kid to get in than an Asian kid because there are a lot more white kids and only so many slots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Smart people fight 2.0!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, You are confusing some mathematical issues. That does not overcome the math of how many Asians there are and how many white people there are, how many are admitted and what their chances are for their given numbers.

20% are Asians.

50% are white. If you take out Jews and legacies, you are down to less than 10% on merit but lets go with 50%.  (if we go on the 10% merit vs the 20% Asian, which at this time is mostly merit, the conversation is over)

Asians are what, 6%? Non Hispanic white are about 65%?   Whatever the college bound cohort for each is.....Asians get admitted at a MUCH higher rate per capita of their cohort.  

My statement is an absolute truth. Because the Asian cohort has to increase standards, (because the Asians are dominate on merit) does not change that.  

Cliff notes: It is harder for a white kid to get in than an Asian kid because there are a lot more white kids and only so many slots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the article:

20% are Asians.

It's interesting that you're classifying Jewish as non-white?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's interesting that you're classifying Jewish as non-white?
View Quote
I didn't. I specifically said lets go with it. Which is how schools generally do it.  I was simply pointing out that white includes Jews, which is a huge cohort at Harvard.  Hovering around 20%.

If you take out Jews and legacies (legacies are mostly white), (also 20ish% sometimes a strong 20ish%)  You are down to a very small number of non Jewish white people who get into Harvard on merit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

20% are Asians.

View Quote
That's per capita. But that doesn't exclude the fact that the average Asian being excepted is more qualified than the average white person on merit (and even more so than the blacks). So all things being equal, and race not being on the application, there should be a lot more Asians accepted. Just because we make up a smaller percentage of the population, does not mean we should have less opportunity to make it into the school of our choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
How is it harder considering they are scoring lower?

If you took race out, literately these kids (whites, blacks and hispanics) would be scattered all around the chart score wise, if you picked the top say 10% that apply, the make of would have a lot more Asians, but now you factor in race and only allow 20% or the 10% to be Asian thought they make make up for more of that top 10%. How is that fair?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's per capita. But that doesn't exclude the fact that the average Asian being excepted is more qualified than the average white person on merit (and even more so than the blacks). So all things being equal, and race not being on the application, there should be a lot more Asians accepted. Just because we make up a smaller percentage of the population, does not mean we should have less opportunity to make it into the school of our choice.
View Quote
You don't have less opportunity. You have more, a lot more.  You just must compete with the smaller, better performing cohort of Asians to get it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:10:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How is it harder considering they are scoring lower?

If you took race out, literately these kids (whites, blacks and hispanics) would be scattered all around the chart score wise, if you picked the top say 10% that apply, the make of would have a lot more Asians, but now you factor in race and only allow 20% or the 10% to be Asian thought they make make up for more of that top 10%. How is that fair?
View Quote
You just changed a math issue into an issue of "fair."

I do not think the admissions policies are fair.....but no where did I offer an opinion on that.  Just the reality of the absolute math.

As to the math, again, as an Asian, your chances of getting into Harvard are much greater than any other group (except Jews, because there are far less Jews than Asians in the U.S.)  However, you will have to compete against a more competitive cohort (other Asians) for your slots.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Thats what you people get for incorporating rigorous study and academic performance into your culture!

I dunno what y'all expected, its why everyone hates jews.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

20% are Asians.

View Quote
Way off. It WAS like that.
Harvard Freshman class majority minority
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

20% are Asians.

View Quote
Your logic is severely lacking.  Being "harder" is not about outcomes, it's about the bar set for them to be admitted.  More Asians are admitted per capita because they perform better academically, not because it's not admissions aren't biased against them.  The fact that they have to score 140 points higher to get admitted proves it is harder for them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm all too familiar with corner stores in the ghetto.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/11/woman-arrest-killing-bladensburg-store-owner/

The victim was my uncle. Got my VA CWP shortly thereafter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Asians are part of the whole SJW network and often describe themselves as a "marginalized" minority.

https://oblivionmag.com/2016/03/01/marginalized-asians-scapegoat-at-the-hands-of-white-privilege/

You know the spiel, victimized by the micro-aggressions of the evil white oppressor. yadda yadda

So I say: lick my ball sack.

You wanted a society based on anti-white racism and racial grievance and professional victimhood, well here you have it.  

Bon appetite!

That's the thing none of these fucking SWJs realize:  when communism takes over, we're all going to be eating the same rats out of the same garbage can.

There's no paradise waiting at the end of the rainbow.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#37]
check this shit out:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-affirmative-action-and-asian-americans

This despicable SJW asshole says that discriminating against whites isn't a bad thing, but it might lead to resentment.

Isn't that just happy crappy?

"In the pursuit of diversity, some amount of racial balancing seems unavoidable, however taboo. We should not want the composition of our élite universities to be wildly out of proportion to the racial composition of our country. Such lopsided access to gateways of opportunity and power—say, with whites being severely underrepresented at schools like Harvard—has the potential to fuel dangerous resentment and disturb social peace, at least if the change occurs too far ahead of demographic changes that are projected to make whites a minority in this country in less than three decades."

After 20+ years of this shit, I say everyone can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#38]
when you value political correctness over quality.

what a time to be alive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was once yelled at and lectured by an old black man. He kept getting mad at me, and telling me I "cut in line". I work at a pharmacy and was ringing up a drink and he was behind me.  

I answered, "No sir, I did not, but if you are in a rush, you are more than welcome to ring up ahead of me".

He responded "No, you jumped in line and it isn't fair"

I still didn't understand what's going on. Then another black guy at the store filled me in, and he basically meant "black's were in America for 300 years, prior to the Vietnamese, and we are more socially accepted than they are, and he's made about it".

I'm sorry but I wasn't asked to be born Asian American, and I have worked hard for EVERY thing I have, And I didn't expect handouts.
View Quote
Welcome to the white race.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're using a percentage of admissions compared to percentage of population metric.

What would an examination of SAT score needed for admission look like?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Actually, it's worse.

I'm a half-White and half-Asian college educated conservative. The ultimate oppressor of dreams.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, it's worse.

Leftists are never satisfied.

If they got rid of every cracker on the planet they would go after Asians next.

Especially Koreans and Japanese.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm all too familiar with corner stores in the ghetto.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jul/11/woman-arrest-killing-bladensburg-store-owner/

The victim was my uncle. Got my VA CWP shortly thereafter.
View Quote
My first ex wife was Korean.  Her parents owned a store in a bad Philly ghetto and were robbed at gunpoint or assaulted at least annually.

I dont miss my ex or her mom, but her Dad was aces in my book.

Anyway, the resdents of the neighborhood were bigoted assholes in most encounters with my former in laws.  Philly cops (mostly black) never did shit about anything other than armed robbery.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Way off. It WAS like that.
Harvard Freshman class majority minority
View Quote
Way off how?  I said "off the cuff" 50% it is about 50%.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You're using a percentage of admissions compared to percentage of population metric.

What would an examination of SAT score needed for admission look like?
View Quote
It does not change the immutable fact that you have a higher chance of admission as an Asian than you do as White.  This is simply odds making.  The odds are not changed by how much higher the Asians perform.  The spots are fungible. You either get one or you do not.  There are far more chances for an Asian than a White person.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Your logic is severely lacking.  Being "harder" is not about outcomes, it's about the bar set for them to be admitted.  More Asians are admitted per capita because they perform better academically, not because it's not admissions aren't biased against them.  The fact that they have to score 140 points higher to get admitted proves it is harder for them.
View Quote
No, that is not how odds making works with fungible spots. You either get one or you do not.

An Asian has a greater chance of getting into Harvard than a White person does.

It is a binary proposition. In or not.

The performance of the Asian pool does not change the odds. The performance of the white pool does not change the odds (we are assuming roughly stable admissions stats)  

If they are letting in 20% Asians, you are not competing against the non Asians. You are competing against the Asians. That higher score represents competition for a forgone conclusion. (20%)

If you have to drive farther than someone else to buy a lotto ticket does it change the odds? Even though you worked harder to get the ticket?

Yes, I am rounding the edges for illustrative reasons, but I am trying to get across a concept.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Newsflash Asians: for the purposes of the dole and all forms of government cheese, you are white.

Congratulations on your promotion!

View Quote
Lol, yes! Enjoy your white privilege!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, that is not how odds making works with fungible spots. You either get one or you do not.

An Asian has a greater chance of getting into Harvard than a White person does.

It is a binary proposition. In or not.

The performance of the Asian pool does not change the odds. The performance of the white pool does not change the odds (we are assuming roughly stable admissions stats)  

If they are letting in 20% Asians, you are not competing against the non Asians. You are competing against the Asians. That higher score represents competition for a forgone conclusion. (20%)

If you have to drive farther than someone else to buy a lotto ticket does it change the odds? Even though you worked harder to get the ticket?

Yes, I am rounding the edges for illustrative reasons, but I am trying to get across a concept.
View Quote
Can you make an example?

I'm not understanding your point.

If the Asians are scoring better on the SAT than whites, and are getting admitted at a % greater than their general population percentage, how would that not be fair?

pretend that SAT scores were the only metric used, and the Asians made up 20% of the admitted class in spite of being 10% of the general population.  That would represent a % based purely on merit.

Please remember that I am a white oppressor when making your response.  Even my unconscious thoughts cause brutal oppression of immensely privileged college students.  I can marginalize you with my mind powers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Can you make an example?

I'm not understanding your point.

If the Asians are scoring better on the SAT than whites, and are getting admitted at a % greater than their general population percentage, how would that not be fair?

pretend that SAT scores were the only metric used, and the Asians made up 20% of the admitted class in spite of being 10% of the general population.  That would represent a % based purely on merit.

Please remember that I am a white oppressor when making your response.  Even my unconscious thoughts cause brutal oppression of immensely privileged college students.  I can marginalize you with my mind powers.
View Quote
I am not dealing with "fair"

But the answer to your question is they limit Asian admissions.

If it was all merit based there would be a lot more Asians. (Most of Harvard would be Asian and Jewish. They simply dominate merit based criteria)

What you have is a rough idea of how many of each cohort will get in.

That is why it is easier for Asians to get in than Whites. Asians are not competing with other whites they are competing with other Asians for the block of Asian slots.

Imagine this.

You have 100 White people and 10 Asians.

They will let in 30 white people and 5 Asians.

White people have a 30% chance of admission.

Asians have a 50% chance.

That is straight up odds. (My point)  it is easier for Asians.

Now, some people are having some trouble understanding where the higher Asian scores  get put in this math issue.  It does not go into the odds.  (Calculating them as part of the entire data set, again broad brush to illustrate a point)

As a tangent and to address your question, what is happeneing is the Asian population as a whole is performing better than the white population.  So, even though the Asians have to score higher to get in, their odds are still 50%. While the Whites are only 30%.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Welcome to the white race.
View Quote
I'm Asian American. I identify as American (red neck Asian really) but if asked my ethnicity, I say Vietnamese
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Both were undergrads, SIL was class of '89, wife was class of '90 but actually graduated a year early in '89 as well.  She took the kids to the 25th reunion a few years ago, and my son got even more excited.  

The only thing my son has in his favor is being a legacy.  I know Harvard does actually give added weight for legacies.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top