Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:41:57 PM EDT
LINK

The U.S. Army has the highest percentage of obese or overweight personnel, followed closely by the Air Force, Navy and then Marines as the fittest service branch.
View Quote
Disgusting fat bodies...you all should be more like the Marines.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't what you're talking about. I know a couple badass Army soldiers. I'm huge on fitness. Fit'ness whole pizza in my mouth!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if those figures include the reserve components. That would make more sense.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd have put money on the Navy....
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I mean, the army has always had more "fluff" to it 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I was absolutely assured by certain members here that the USAF was the fattest.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Navy just doesn't bother measuring body fat on their CPOs.
self reported at least.

no one says the AF is fat.  Homosexuals are famous for keeping a low body fat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
We got told to stop hazing the fat bodies, they took away our blood rank and other things changed... I blame the higher ups and politicians.

Couldn't even sing the good cadences, they were "banned"... we did when we got away from to many eyes anyway but the fact that we weren't supposed to... come the fuck on. About the time ACU's came out it all went retarded.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
click bait.

They measure by BMI.

The Air Force and Navy have the highest percentage of women serving: 17.8% for the Navy, and 18.7% for the Air Force
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember some fat mfers on my ship that were so fat (how fat were they?) Mfers were so fat, If they were ahead of me in the chow line, I gave up and went to actually do some work.
When we did vert reps, we would throw the boxes of  ham hocks directly over the side so those fat fucks would have less to eat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
BMI? So the Marines are malnourished and weak?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We got told to stop hazing the fat bodies, they took away our blood rank and other things changed... I blame the higher ups and politicians.

Couldn't even sing the good cadences, they were "banned"... we did when we got away from to many eyes anyway but the fact that we weren't supposed to... come the fuck on. About the time ACU's came out it all went retarded.
View Quote
It was before ACU's.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd argue in some ways, yes.

I think their standards are a little too stringent in an era of 70 pounds combat loads.

Rangers used to be skinny as fuck but they have beefed the hell up over the past 15 years.  And it seems like CAG, who used to be freakin' huge, have gotten smaller.  

18 minute 3 mile is a bad ass standard.  But most men can't do that and maintain an optimal amount of strength.  But they do look really cute in uniform.

not excusing the fat bodies endemic in the army.  But you shouldn't be 5'10" and 145 in today's combat
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was absolutely assured by certain members here that the USAF was the fattest.
View Quote
expecting a "hold my beer" moment from active air force personnel. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]
So they concluded this by BMI calculations and include the entire fucking national guard?

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder if those figures include the reserve components. That would make more sense.
View Quote
Betting on this.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#19]
BCT must be easier than I imagine if you have actual obese people on active duty...
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#21]
FATMCNASTIES
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought you were given time to slim down, and if you didn't you would be separated.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#23]
So they included the national guard. BS info.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:59:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Challenge accepted!  

Signed USAF

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I thought you were given time to slim down, and if you didn't you would be separated.
View Quote
It doesn't always work that way in the NG. And besides, these numbers are based on BMI, not actual body fat %. Any soldier that lifts will likely "fail" the H/W standards (based on BMI) but pass "tape" (the body fat % test) because they are, in fact, highly fit. Those guys with 8% body fat would still be able to add to the "overweight" statistic presented in this article.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Navy just doesn't bother measuring body fat on their CPOs.
self reported at least.

no one says the AF is fat.  Homosexuals are famous for keeping a low body fat.
View Quote
CPOs ... Nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think their standards are a little too stringent in an era of 70 pounds combat loads.

Rangers used to be skinny as fuck but they have beefed the hell up over the past 15 years.  And it seems like CAG, who used to be freakin' huge, have gotten smaller.  

18 minute 3 mile is a bad ass standard.  But most men can't do that and maintain an optimal amount of strength.  But they do look really cute in uniform.

not excusing the fat bodies endemic in the army.  But you shouldn't be 5'10" and 145 in today's combat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to be 5'10" and 145 to do an 18 minute 3 mile.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Marine steal your girlfriend?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
All the females they are letting in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#31]
What the hell kind of bullshotz is this? How are these people even in the military? My brother got put on the overweight program when he was barely 5 pounds overweight in the army. How are these fat f**** able to get that fat while active?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#32]
In 1 yr or less I would have shown her the hanger door(red door is too small).

We used to send fat kids home all the time, some COCs fail in their duties.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
well obviously they are including the guard & reserve.does the USMC EVEN HAVE RESERVIST???

Also the USMC has no medical where you will find high numbers of surgeons, doctors ecetra who are in their 60s & have no weight standards.

this study is stupid unless you compare infantry to infantry. there is no control the USAF, and Navy should not even need to be studied. in this  manner  the BMI there applies  only  for fit & appearance  of the uniformm.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What the hell kind of bullshotz is this? How are these people even in the military? My brother got put on the overweight program when he was barely 5 pounds overweight in the army. How are these fat f**** able to get that fat while active?
View Quote
Many are reservist or NG, some are from weak units that lack NCO's willing to do their job.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#35]
What's wrong with having the biggest soldiers in the world?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
BCT must be easier than I imagine if you have actual obese people on active duty...
View Quote
active duty does not mean combat arms.

A 28 year old  obese  fiance supply clerk  sitting in the43rd AG in Missouri is on active duty.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Obesity is a National Security Issue: Lieutenant General Mark Hertling at TEDxMidAtlantic 2012
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#38]
When have they not been?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
well obviously they are including the guard & reserve.does the USMC EVEN HAVE RESERVIST???

Also the USMC has no medical where you will find high numbers of surgeons, doctors ecetra who are in their 60s & have no weight standards.

this study is stupid unless you compare infantry to infantry. there is no control the USAF, and Navy should not even need to be studied. in this  manner  the BMI there applies  only  for fit & appearance  of the uniformm.
View Quote
Stop making sense!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Marine steal your girlfriend?
View Quote
You wish

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:37:05 PM EDT
[#42]
They forgot a military branch, there are 5 armed forces in the United States, not 4.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#43]
DMV in uniform
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#44]
No surprise there. They can barely fill the ranks with semi-quality Soldiers. Most of the age eligible pool are ahitheads these days. I'll take a little overweight in the soft skill MOS's over criminals.

Combat arms is a different story.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They forgot a military branch, there are 5 armed forces in the United States, not 4.
View Quote
Aren't the coasties DHS now?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought that food served in the mess halls and in the MRE's to the armed services was scientifically selected to provide the proper amount of nutrients, lowest amounts of bad things (fats, salt, etc.) and was engineered to help the armed services maintain a sculpted physique while maintaining high-cardio.  No? 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I thought that food served in the mess halls and in the MRE's to the armed services was scientifically selected to provide the proper amount of nutrients, lowest amounts of bad things (fats, salt, etc.) and was engineered to help the armed services maintain a sculpted physique while maintaining high-cardio.  No? 
View Quote
Fat is not bad.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:03:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fat is not bad.
View Quote
was joking; but you're right. Saturated and trans fats are bad. "Regular" fat (in moderation; like anything else) is not. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
was joking; but you're right. Saturated and trans fats are bad. "Regular" fat (in moderation; like anything else) is not. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fat is not bad.
I've been losing weight like a fiend eating mostly fat.

And I don't really care if it's saturated, trans, gay, queer, or whatever, as long as it's fat.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It was before ACU's.
View Quote
That's true, but it's a easy point in the time line to point to when shit took a sharp decline. Don't even get me started on the BS PT that started shortly after ACU's..... that shit was gay as fuck.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top