BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/14/2007 6:53:43 AM EDT
Drudge

story inbound, bad connection.

**Exclusive** Radio host Don Imus has agreed to settle with CBS for $20 million, and a non disparaging clause, legal sources claim. The move opens the possibility Imus will soon return to the airwaves -- on WABC in New York! Developing...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate that fucker........
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I hate what was done to him more.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't be racist and tell everyone.  Keep it to yer self like Howard Cossell.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:56:49 AM EDT
[#5]
should be good
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 Not a big fan but what happened to him was not right.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or Jimmy the Greek??
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#8]
awaiting the update...and pending shitstorm.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I want $20mil
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:58:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

not more then I do........however, he had a clause in his contract that gave him protection in the exact case of him saying something "un-pc"....his employers violated it and fired him on the spot.

He deserves the money.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:59:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not more then I do........however, he had a clause in his contract that gave him protection in the exact case of him saying something "un-pc"....his employers violated it and fired him on the spot.

He deserves the money.

really??   didn't know that............... now i can't wait to see the article.......

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

or Jimmy the Greek??

Jimmy and Howard didn't exactly keep it to themselves. Otherwise we wouldn't know about them.

[Howard] "Look at the little monkey run." [/Howard]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He deserves the money.

really??   didn't know that............... now i can't wait to see the article.......

Yeah, he was supposed to be edgy, It was in his contract.  It was known from the get go he'd clean up. And he did. This also opens the possibility that he will be back on radio soon.  Settling of the contract means his no compete is shortened or void.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:03:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I was looking forward to NOT hearing his voice anymore......... now he'll be in the news for another couple weeks........

great............

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I want $20mil

I've heard you say "nappy headed ho" a dozen times and it doesn't have the impact that Imus had.  Stay in school.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Good for Imus!

I hope this teaches everyone involved a very good lesson.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I was looking forward to NOT hearing his voice anymore......... now he'll be in the news for another couple weeks........

great............

He sucks but what he said was free speech.

It was stupid, but he's a doddering old "shock jock" so we should expect this from him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I want $20mil

id do some funky stuff for 20 mil  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Awesome.

"Rapping while White" is not a crime.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:09:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Good for Imus!

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Good for Imus!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

great............

It was stupid, but he's a doddering old "shock jock" so we should expect this from him.

true........ but not when yer employed by a big ass company named CBS.........

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

great............

First amendment rights do not apply to CBS...?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

you're kidding right?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Awesome.

Yo, what he say...

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:18:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Good for Imus!

It won't.  They'll see it as him getting rewarded for being racist.

Not wrongly fired for following his contract.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Awesome.

Yo, what he say...

gunsafety.kisscentral.net/images/Vanilla-Ice-Rock-N-Roll-Comic-377369.jpg

Word.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#28]
The First is protection from the government and does not apply here.

What applies is the part of his contract stating he was supposed to be controversial, and was then fired for it.

FWIW, the 1st really doesn't apply to radio being protected by the .gov anyway.  It's called the FCC
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Not an Imus fan, but what he said was made 'main stream lingo' by the very people who cried foul when he said it.

I'm glad he's getting the money in the end, but everyone involved was wrong on some level.  Some more wrong than others.

The hypocritical race-baiting schmucks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton can kiss my voluptuous ghetto-booty-licious badonkadonk.

eta:  The only people I feel bad for in the whole thing is the actual ladies on the bball team.  They didn't ask to be mocked, they didn't ask to be in the public eye, and it wasn't fair of Imus to go after them like that.  Yeah, he had the right to do it, but he shouldn't have.  JMO.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

great............

They do now!

Good for Imus! I'm not a fan, but I'm glad to see the PC crew getting one right in the chops!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Amazing how a WORD can make the world react. Im not a fan of the guy but this shit about so called racism needs to end. This is America. Freedom of speech is part of that. I say it once in awhile to the ones the ACT like one. I like black people just not there brothers that think they can be a thug and treat others like shit. Call me cracker I dont care, my mommy said sticks and stone might break my bones but WORDS will never hurt me. PEACE OUT.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Amazing how a WORD can make the world react. Im not a fan of the guy but this shit about so called racism needs to end. This is America. Freedom of speech is part of that. I say it once in awhile to the ones the ACT like one. I like black people just not there brothers that think they can be a thug and treat others like shit. Call me cracker I dont care, my mommy said sticks and stone might break my bones but WORDS will never hurt me. PEACE OUT.
People give words power because they lack the ability of thought.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Not an Imus fan, but what he said was made 'main stream lingo' by the very people who cried foul when he said it.

I'm glad he's getting the money in the end, but everyone involved was wrong on some level.  Some more wrong than others.

The hypocritical race-baiting schmucks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton can kiss my voluptuous ghetto-booty-liciousness.

eta:  The only people I feel bad for in the whole thing is the actual ladies on the bball team.  They didn't ask to be mocked, they didn't ask to be in the public eye, and it wasn't fair of Imus to go after them like that.  Yeah, he had the right to do it, but he shouldn't have.  JMO.

Once again, scumbags win and the nice guys get left out.

Hey E22Capt, just kidding around.  Honest.  Please don't hurt me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

great............

nothing to do with 1st amendment rights....... CBS is a company that takes advertising money from many different folks and they own many different companies.  When yer in the public eye you can't say those things.  Is it right??  Prolly not, but I believe he should have been fired.........but now that i hear about his contract stating he was allowed to say poli-incorrect things.........well then he should get his money.......

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#35]
I used to listen to his show in the mornings when I lived in Johnson City (not much talk radio to choose from out there) and I thought the show was decent. I'm glad CBS is going to write a big check since they are such spineless pussies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#36]
This will have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton spinning in their graves......
What?? They're not dead yet??
Shit I knew that dream I had last night was too good to be true....
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
..........The hypocritical race-baiting schmucks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton can kiss my voluptuous ghetto-booty-licious badonkadonk.

It really irks me that over the years I've seen some 'voluptuous ghetto-booty-licious badonkadonks' and didn't realize it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The hypocritical race-baiting schmucks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton can kiss my voluptuous ghetto-booty-licious badonkadonk.

Amen Sista!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#40]
In the words of Dr. Johnny Fever "BOOGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Here's a challenge:

To the folks accusing Imus, Cosell, and Jimmy "The Greek" of being racists, show some evidence. Their comments weren't politically correct, but they were certainly not racist.

roy d...but go ahead and enlighten me.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..........The hypocritical race-baiting schmucks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton can kiss my voluptuous ghetto-booty-licious badonkadonk.

It really irks me that over the years I've seen some 'voluptuous ghetto-booty-licious badonkadonks' and didn't realize it.

And to think all these years you've just been calling them 'butts' or 'asses.'

You're enlightened now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Yay for Imus! You ole sack o' bones!

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrunkissssssss!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#44]
I wish I could spew a bunch of racist language and get paid 20 mil.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

He didn't spew ANY racist language.  Knappy describes a type of hair.  I've seen white people with knappy hair.

I know white ho's to.  

How's that racist?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He didn't spew ANY racist language.  Knappy describes a type of hair.  I've seen white people with knappy hair.

I know white ho's to.  

How's that racist?

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know white ho's to.  

How's that racist?

Care to add a response or are you just gonna sit there and make faces?  I'd like a serious answer to what I said.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:47:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Here's a challenge:

To the folks accusing Imus, Cosell, and Jimmy "The Greek" of being racists, show some evidence. Their comments weren't politically correct, but they were certainly not racist.

roy d...but go ahead and enlighten me.

Common sense holds little ground when emotions have been charged after years of indoctrination by the media and schools. But I applaud your effort.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know white ho's to.  

How's that racist?

Care to add a response or are you just gonna sit there and make faces?  I'd like a serious answer to what I said.

You can say whatever you want about what he said and interpet it literally all day long.  But when someone says "knappy headed 'ho" they think of a black women.  Say whatever you want bro......beat yer head against that wall......but it's the truth.

Link Posted: 8/14/2007 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
when someone says "knappy headed 'ho" they think of a black women.

How do you know what someone else thinks? I'll answer for you: You don't. You're just assuming because that's how you perceive things.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top