Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2016 1:16:06 AM EDT
The Anglo-Saxon in me wants biscuits, sausage and eggs (my mom)
The Italian in me wants crusty bread and cheese with some espresso ( my dad)
The PuertoRican in me wants French type bread with Dutch cheese and Serrano ham and butter with cafe con leche ( dad again)
The born again as a Texan in me wants Chilaquiles wirh salsa verde and a couple of hot tortillas and butter

America. She is a glorious and benevolent empire. Bringing very different people together.

The unum part of E pluribus seems lost on many of the new "Americans"

ETA. We went with sausage biscuits and gravy.  Mom's Roll Tide genes won out.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
People do often forget that we are a land of immigrants, very diverse- which makes us an amazing place.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as there is bacon in the breakfast what else matters?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People do often forget that we are a land of immigrants, very diverse- which makes us an amazing place.

View Quote

Unfortunately, lately the focus has been on "pluribus," rather than "unum."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:24:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As long as there is bacon in the breakfast what else matters?
View Quote

True.

Coffee and bacon and I'm gtg
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:28:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The PuertoRican in me wants French type bread with Dutch cheese and Serrano ham and butter with cafe con leche ( dad again)
The born again as a Texan in me wants Chilaquiles wirh salsa verde and a couple of hot tortillas and butter

America. She is a glorious and benevolent empire. Bringing very different people together.

View Quote

that sounds really good right now  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna have me some Chilaquiles - chicken, avocado, queso fesca, the works.

I think I'll use some adobo for the sauce. Or maybe i'll make my chipotle/ tomato sauce. Cook that sucker up in a nice cast iron pan.... I want a good sunny side up egg on top too.

Mmmm... now I wanna go to bed so I can wake up and make this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think I'll use some adobo for the sauce. Or maybe i'll make my chipotle/ tomato sauce. Cook that sucker up in a nice cast iron pan.... I want a good sunny side up egg on top too.

View Quote

Sounds good. Where you at in Texas? I'm in the Panhandle. I have some nice homemade jalapeño bacon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds good. Where you at in Texas? I'm in the Panhandle. I have some nice homemade jalapeño bacon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Southeast.  Fairly rural area although it's getting bigger.  going to have to find somewhere to move if this keeps up.  We just got a convenience store a few miles away- gettin' a little too big. Next thing they'll replace the flashing yellow light with a stoplight.  

mmmm... jalapeno bacon. Butcher your own pigs?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Southeast.  Fairly rural area although it's getting bigger.  going to have to find somewhere to move if this keeps up.  We just got a convenience store a few miles away- gettin' a little too big. Next thing they'll replace the flashing yellow light with a stoplight.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope Costco had full pork belly (15lb) that I used for the same price of Red Raider meats had for their 5lb. I cured and smoke a lot of bacon from what I got at Costco. Sadly after I bought that pork belly they no longer carry it
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:51:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Why do you have so many people inside you at once? Please remember to use protection.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#11]
As an old school Tex Mex that grew up in a Hispanic household, to me Chilaquiles were nothing more than cut up tortillas (corn) mixed in and fried up with egg.
Those with a side of re fries and a good salsa were all I needed.

Heck, if the tortillas were "on the side" then it was just scrambled eggs!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, you meant scrapple and eggs. Easy to mistake.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Skip breakfast.
A successful person once told me if you have time for it, you're not working hard enough
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:29:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I eat corned beef hash and poaches eggs or hash browns, bacon, and over easy eggs every day. Have a nice gas camping griddle that I cook everything on out back on my deck.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Biscuits, sausage, and eggs. Add some grits to the mix and a tall glass of cold milk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#16]
The other morning I fried up some corned beef and sauerkraut, with two fried eggs on the side. No idea if my German side craves that or not but dang is it good!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As an old school Tex Mex that grew up in a Hispanic household, to me Chilaquiles were nothing more than cut up tortillas (corn) mixed in and fried up with egg.

View Quote

For me, chilaquiles are corn tortillas that are cut into squares and fried like chips, and then sauteed with a hot salsa (I'm most used to El Pato hot tomato sauce) and onions, topped with grated queso cotija. Served with eggs and fried beans on the side.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:17:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Why do all of you guys have such a great breakfast. In the rare event I have breakfast its just scrambled eggs with salt,pepper,cheese, and some tobasco sause
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Leftover chunk of cornbread,  cold and plain and a big mug of hot, bitter coffee will get you through the morning just fine.

But I wouldn't turn down anything mentioned so far.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Leftover chunk of cornbread,  cold and plain and a big mug of hot, bitter coffee will get you through the morning just fine.

But I wouldn't turn down anything mentioned so far.

View Quote

You ever had cornbread and eggs over easy? Wipe up the yolk with the cornbread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Skip breakfast.
A successful person once told me if you have time for it, you're not working hard enough
View Quote

Some truth and some fallacy

No one who does manual labor should skip it
sedentary types (me)  eat too much in general.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why do all of you guys have such a great breakfast. In the rare event I have breakfast its just scrambled eggs with salt,pepper,cheese, and some tobasco sause
View Quote

Weekend.
And it's excessive
So,
'Merica!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

For me, chilaquiles are corn tortillas that are cut into squares and fried like chips, and then sauteed with a hot salsa (I'm most used to El Pato hot tomato sauce) and onions, topped with grated queso cotija. Served with eggs and fried beans on the side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take both.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Southern Genes. Win

We had sausage  biscuits and gravy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top