Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2004 10:40:47 PM EDT
You single people out there, how do you feed yourself for these meals? On the cheap, that is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
dont eat breakfast, sandwich at lunch, something easy at dinner. I eat out about every other day..
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]

I don't eat three meals a day.

I eat about six.

I have the kind of metabolism where I can eat anything I want, I just get really, really FAT is all.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to walmart/sams club and buy ramen.  Lots of ramen.  So much ramen you want to puke ramen.  Speaking of which... mmm... ramen noodles... brb.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Eating on the cheap for long periods of time can hurt your health.

Eat fruits.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't eat three meals a day.

I eat about six.

I have the kind of metabolism where I can eat anything I want, I just get really, really FAT is all.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Glass of OJ for breakfast, or a piece of fruit. Salad for lunch and Ramen for dinner.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing for breakfast.  I once in awhile like to have a glass of chocolate milk  for breakfest...

Cereal, soup, or macaroni and cheese for lunch...

Cereal, soup, or macaroni and cheese for dinner.

I love cereal!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
No breakfast ......... other then Life's Blood  ( Coffee )

I buy lunch for my employees and myself when I'm at work ( Not Cheap )

Dinner I cook myself probably 80% of the time . the other 20% I go out to eat .

Food isn't something I try and save money on .
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Ramen and fish from the freezer.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Breakfast lunch AND dinner?  Holy damn man, the way a bachelor eats (the type of food) you'll get fatter than Rosie if you eat three full meals a day.

I woke up Saturday at 10am.  It was too late for breaky so I had a banana, vitamin and a glass of pineapple juice.  Lunch at about 4pm consisted of 5 frozen toquitoes.  To round out the day I had half a large pizza and several beers.

I think I got all the food groups in there if you include the toppings on the pizza.  Really did a good job on the hops food group.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't usually eat on the cheap. I eat breakfast at the local restaurant most days, and flirt with the waitresses. Then a combination of fast food and homecooking. Sometimes I really luck out and get free lunch from one of our suppliers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I've noticed since my divorce I eat a lot of cold meals. I don't cook much [gay] so almost all my hot food is bought that way. When I sit down to a chicken dinner, thats it, a piece of chicken [breast]. Nothing else. I kinda miss hot food. But even when married I didnt get it on a steady basis.

Yes, noodles are cheap.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
It is called cooking......

and yes, I can cook, have been since I was a kid. Every man should know how to cook, not only to feed your self, BUT you also score points with cute women...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#15]
No breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and sometimes pie for dinner
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't know why, but I only eat about 1 and a half meals a day. I just am not a very hungry person.

Same here, but its because of some medication I take. I have to make myself eat.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#18]
blondes
brunettes
blondes
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Dumpster diner.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Breakfast Lunch Dinner, or How do you single ppl feed yourselves?  

With silverware and dishes like plates and bowls, etc.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Wendy has become a dear friend of mine. Not that I cant cook, I can and am damn good at it- I just dont like the hassle of cleanup- n shit, but when I do eat in. Sammies, rammen, soup, bbq is all easy. Oh yea the George Forman grill is badass- its quick and easy good food, and get some Emerrels seasonings- they are good for almost everything.

BTW, watch the Food Network. It was seriously improved my cooking...before food network, I could barely warm water- let alone boil it. Now after FN I can cook with the best of em and impress.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Wendy has become a dear friend of mine. Not that I cant cook, I can and am damn good at it- I just dont like the hassle of cleanup- n shit, but when I do eat in. Sammies, rammen, soup, bbq is all easy. Oh yea the George Forman grill is badass- its quick and easy good food, and get some Emerrels seasonings- they are good for almost everything.

BTW, watch the Food Network. It was seriously improved my cooking...before food network, I could barely warm water- let alone boil it. Now after FN I can cook with the best of em and impress.

Clean up as you cook, it is faster.....and if you dont have one, get a dishwasher......
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I get something off the roach coach for lunch. no breakfast, and a pot pie for dinner.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clean up as you cook, it is faster.....and if you dont have one, get a dishwasher......

Work smarter also dirty up the least amount of stuff possible
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:25:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Cooking is a magic thing that some people can do.I can "cook" a can of soup or broil a steak even bake a potato......thats about it.I eat out most of the time.I like waitresses........they know how to please.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:29:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I feed myself the same  way I would if I was married and she was working.   Sometimes I cook, sometimes I don't.    When I make a big batch of  spaghetti sauce and meatballs I freeze the leftovers in individual packs.... same with stew or chili.  After a while  there's a  really good selection whenever I open the freezer.

Then again..... there's a lot to be said for  PB&J

Rip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top