Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2001 4:51:21 PM EDT
I have need to detail strip an old pistol.... a "Colt Automatic Calibre 25" from the early 1900's.

Problem - I have no clue how to do this short of using a hacksaw and crowbar... Does anyone know the takedown procedure for this beast?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If it has a hammer,turn the barrel 90 deg. to the right or left,I don't remember which. then let the slide forward and pull out the saftey (slidestop)and pull the slide off the frame.If it is hammerless I think it kinda works the same way
Link Posted: 2/27/2001 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang... That's SOO much easier than the chisel & hacksaw method.... :)

Thanks!

ps.. specific steps - pull slide back till only 1/16" sticks past the frame, rotate barrel clockwise (from muzzle end) and let the slide fly... ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top