Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2001 10:21:15 AM EDT
Can anyone help me find a copy of Bravo Two Zero on DVD? I've only seen it for sale on e-bay but I hate to pay too much to those sharks. If anyone knows of a site that sells it in the U.S. I would be grateful.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW! Is it available on VHS?
Have you read "The one that got away" by Chris Ryan?
It's about the other part of the team that got seperated during "Bravo Two Zero". Get it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]
What is it about?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy,  

Was McNab the team leader or was there an officer?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
McNab was 1IC(in command), patrol leader. The patrol consisted of 8 men, 4 had M16/M203s, 4 had Minimis. Each men carryid about 120kg on theyr bodies. They were compromised in a wadi when a young biy herding goats spotted them, a firefight ensued and they had to E&E. The patrol got separated in 2 groups and in the end Vince Phillips had died of hypothermia, Steve "Legs" Lane also of hypothermia and Robert Consiglio of a GSW to the head, Consiglio held the Iraqis at bay so that his mates could try to escape, he fought it out with approximately 15-25 Iraqis with his Minimi downing some of them. Chris Ryan walked about 260 km to Syria, magnificient feat under those conditions. McNab, Mark, Dinger and Stan were captured and later after extencive torture, released. McNab, Ryan and atleast two others received the MM(Military Medal)
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can get a copy in the US try reading "Eye of the Storm" by Peter Ratcliffe DCM.  He was the RSM of the SAS Reg during the Gulf War...it casts a slightly different light on both Bravo Two Zero and The One that Got Away.

Andy
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
In addition to B20 and The One Who Got Away, i have the Sabre Squadron by Cameron Spence, isnt Radcliffe in fact "Roger The RSM" from that book, he was by Spence a pretty straightforward ladd, "Fooock the Iraqiis, well fooocking doost emm", or something like that. Eye Of The Storm is something that im going to buy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
So why did'nt the Iraqie's kill the SAS soliders?

Cold,I know,I am glad they made it out

but why did the Iraqie's release them,if they resisted torture or gave up enough info?
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The men had agreed on a cover story that they were part of a medical team looking for downed pilots, oblivoisly the Iraqis dind´t have to be rocket scientists to realise that medics dont go about carrying M16/M203s, Minimis, mines, grenades, L72A1 LAWs,plastic explosives and such. They still held on and NO ONE revealed theyr true unit. The peace came early and they were released, better to release em than to watch the Allies blow Bagdad to shit finding theyr own guys.
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you get Eye of the Storm in the US? Where?
Amazon.com?
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Both Bravo 2 Zero and the one that got away have been made into movies in the UK. I have seen both over the years. Bravo Two Zero had Sean Bean (fake SAS guy in Ronin) as Andy NcNab. I remember looking at the Uk Amazon.com site (www.amazon.co.uk) for them. One was on both DVD and VHS, the other just VHS. They should be able to ship it here. But you have to remember the Video/TV systems are not compatable with each other, and the DVD is regionally coded. But some computer DVD players ignore this. They (Army) showed us Bravo Two Zero for part of a POW/SERE class so maybe there is a US version out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top