Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 12:03:08 PM EDT
I just got the following letter from my Representative in the House and thought I'd share it.  I feel for you guys in the PRK & NY.

Thank you for writing me regarding the possible reauthorization of the semi-automatic weapons ban.  I always appreciate you taking the time to share your views on this issue.

At this stage in the 108th Congress, it appears unlikely that House leadership will take action on a bill to reauthorize the assault weapons ban.  Although Rep. McCarthy of New York has introduced such a bill, Majority Leader Delay noted that there is not enough support for H.R. 2038 to bring it to the floor.  If this bill was brought to the floor, I would not support it.  It could be the first step toward enacting bans on other weapons.

I believe that gun control measures, such as registration and taxation, will do nothing to stop guns from falling into the hands of lawbreakers.  Furthermore, the federal government should not be able to keep a registry of gun owners or tax individuals specifically because they own a gun.  Individuals will always find a way to obtain guns in order to commit crimes, and additional restrictions on gun ownership will do nothing to combat crime.  I am a firm believer in the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms.  In the 108th Congress, I will maintain my commitment to protecting the rights of law abiding gun owners...

Sincerely,
Henry E. Brown, Jr.
Member of Congress

Not much wishy-washy there, eh?  We have a continuous battle ahead of us for RKBA, but it's good to know we have people like Congressman Brown in our corner!  I wanted to share this to give encouragement to you guys who are in the fight.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey man the crack at NY is unfair. Some of the upstate Reps are totally pro-gun. Dont even start about Hillary tho. We didnt elect her, NYC did.

But other than that its good to know someone is on our side.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My apologies.  It's just that when I think of NY Hitlery and Chuckie come to mind.  Glad to hear all is not lost in NY.  It's a beautiful state when you get away from the city.  My Mom lives in Elmira.  Most folks are amazed when I show them a map and point out how much unoccupied wilderness there is up there.

Now if you guys could get something done about the handgun laws.  That sign I see when I cross the border warning about fines & jail time scares the dickens out of me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top