Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 12:08:23 PM EDT
May 25, 2005

The Brady Campaign along with the Million Mom March is pleased to announce today the gun control movenment is back on track.

"Since the unfortunate setting of the Assault Weapons Ban back in September, gun owners have been complacent. They have not pushed forward with their extreme agenda. This is because it is out of step with Mainstream America and the fact they think they own Capitol Hill. They don't" Brady spokesman Michael Barnes explained.

"The NRA is not running roughshod over the American people. We are thrilled that despite their gains in the last election they cannot get anywhere with their extreme agenda, an agenda even most gun owners do not support," Sarah Brady, a founder of Handgun Control-now the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence- and whose husband Jim was shot in 1981, commented.

Since January no extreme gun legislation has passed and many sensible gun control bills have been introduced.  

Copywrite 2005 Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence united With The Million Mom March.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh my...

Protecting our right to keep and bear arms is extreme to these nitwits...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been mildly concerned about this and have stepped up my donations to both the NRA and the GOA this year to try to help compensate for the alledged apathy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang it people - JOIN THE NRA.  

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Uhh, banning inanimate objects, while not punishing wrongdoers isn't extremist?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
link?  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
screw the NRA. the NRA can kiss my ass. people need to get up off their asses calls their reps and senators. NOW!

people continually use the NRA as an excuse to be lazy. they think "oh well I paid my dues this week, they'll do the work for me and I can just sit on my ass"
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatabout the FL legislation that gives people the right to protect themselves anywhere? If I remember correctly they were going crazy over that, predicting a bloodbath, etc.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
screw the NRA. the NRA can kiss my ass. people need to get up off their asses calls their reps and senators. NOW!

people continually use the NRA as an excuse to be lazy. they think "oh well I paid my dues this week, they'll do the work for me and I can just sit on my ass"

exactly.  complacent gun owners, even on this board, will be the downfall of our beloved 2nd ammendment

MAKE SOME CALLS, YOU CAN DO THIS ++++++  BE A MAN/ WOMAN
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 12:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
apathy
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Press release is correct though.  With the exception of two tries at an anti-lawsuit bill we are not running the show.  We're mostly playing reacitonary to minority party introduced bills.

We should be introducing and supporting bill after bill that strips every anti 2A federal law there is.  See HR1703 and the NRAs apathy to this good bill.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait- the NRA exists to preserve our gun rights, but most gun owners don't support such goals? Dipshits.

I say we screw the NRA and form our own organization. Let's do the footwork ourselves. If we can't make a difference with our group, maybe we'll shame the NRA into action so they're not outdone by a bunch of "amateurs".
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
They got their asses handed to them in the election, and because we can't buy full-auto AK-47's at 7-Eleven, they think we're LOSING?

Talk about being detached from reality!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, the press release is a fake.  See http://www.bradycampaign.org/press/?disp=archive&year=2005

I can't immagine the Brady Campaign calling gun owners "complacent" anyway.  Maybe we are, but the Brady Campaign didn't say it.

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Ever seen pictures of a "Million Mom March" rally? THAT DEFINES APATHY
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Since January no extreme gun legislation has passed and many sensible gun control bills have been introduced.

A lot of those gun control bills have gone down in flames, including the IL .50-cal and AW ban this week.

Oh, and H.R. 800, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, is moving through Congress, though I'm not worried about the House.  It's the Senate that will make or break this bill.

http://www.gunlawnews.org/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top