Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 7:52:37 AM EDT
Dont know if this has already been posted but the Brady Campaign is at again, this time in Florida.

suppressednews.com/mynews/news/EEklkpFFkyUsPNcBfg.shtml

Can't believe they are even spewing thier bullshit in Europe trying to discourage international tourism.  Well...maybe i can believe it, but you'd think by now they would just STFU and realize an armed society is a safe society.  Guess I should say a "prperly" armed society  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The state of Florida should go after them for trying to induce a panic by intentionally passing out misleading information.

It is good to see the Brady Group wasting their money in Florida after the fact.  Not only does it drain their resources but it also distracts them from pushing their anti-gun agenda.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The State of FL does NOT take kindly to slaunder. They go for full prosecution here.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't care. We and the Mrs. went to FL two years ago. The lines were long. Maybe the EU tourists will wuss out and make things more convenient for us. Maybe more will come out of sheer curiosity!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah.  It sucks that the Brady's are willing to jeopardize the thousands of emlpoyees who work in Florida's travel industry simply because they don't agree with this law.  They are getting down on the same level as PETA
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I was in Disney at the end of last week. Fully 1/2 the people there were European.

I doubt that HCI or um the Brady Bunch's efforts will do much more than waste their money.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Just heard on the radio they are even passing out advertising literature at the friggin airports in Florida.  Aparently gov. Bush has already called thier actions ridiculous.  Another article states : "The governor's office blasted the campaign as a gimmick to inflame public opinion with false information." How about a gimick to instill fear and panic and damage the state's economic base by affecting a $50 billion dollar a year tourism industry.  Im sure it wont have that much affect but that certainly what the Brady folks are targeting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#8]
The USA has prevented terrorist attacks on it's home turf since 9/11. This is a very safe country to take a vacation in. That is why the tourists will continue to visit.

Hmmm, gun ranges/clubs should package "Shoot-Em-Up Vacations" to the USA for foreigners who are hobbled by their 'gubment's anti-gun regulations.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Dupe

Vulcan94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top