[#1]
Imbrog, were you or weren't you in that closet? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
This was in California? Hmmmm... [:O]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
California Dreamin....

Just WHEN is that earthquake they keep promising?

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#4]
1 word,

Kaliforniastan
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#5]
What I thought was interesting was that one of the big factors they pressed charges at all and are looking deeper into it is because the father had a record. Just goes to show, I guy can do his time for breaking the law, but never be allowed to put it behind him, no matter how good a life he lives after that.

If that's the case, why are we wasting so much money on "rehabilitation"? What's the incentive?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I kept waiting for the "April Fools!" at the end or something.  So what if he has a "record" - the kids were hiding in a closet in his daughter's room in the middle of the night!  I agree that the kid is lucky he got off with only a beating!  Heck, he should have received an even bigger one once he got home and his parents found out what happened.

If the daughter and friend had told the dad that the boys were in the closet, that would be a little different - but this is just ridiculous!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't care what anyone says, that article is nothing but fiction.  I looked it up for laughs, and there is no Bill Kerr in any Berkeley directory.  I can't seem to find a defense attorney by the name of Sturat Young in this area either.  You'd think he'd want to be found.  There's no mention of this in any local paper or newscast. And I'd be happy to retract this statement if anyone can find another source for this article.  You'd have to be pretty gullible to believe the DA would make a move like that with no mention of the kids parents suing as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't care what anyone says, that article is nothing but fiction.  I looked it up for laughs, and there is no Bill Kerr in any Berkeley directory.  I can't seem to find a defense attorney by the name of Sturat Young in this area either.  You'd think he'd want to be found.  There's no mention of this in any local paper or newscast. And I'd be happy to retract this statement if anyone can find another source for this article.  You'd have to be pretty gullible to believe the DA would make a move like that with no mention of the kids parents suing as well.
View Quote

Possibly you believe that because 9divdoc keeps linking to FreeRepublic(not a source) rather than the actual source which IS on the Free Republic post.

[url]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=4003055&BRD=982&PAG=461&dept_id=467992&rfi=6[/url]

But maybe he assumed you would click on the link to verify the source which is The Oakland Press online.

They even have a picture of that Bill Kerr who doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd say it's unbelievable... but it's not, anymore.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doh!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Possibly you believe that because 9divdoc keeps linking to FreeRepublic(not a source) rather than the actual source which IS on the Free Republic post.

[url]http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=4003055&BRD=982&PAG=461&dept_id=467992&rfi=6[/url]

But maybe he assumed you would click on the link to verify the source which is The Oakland Press online.

They even have a picture of that Bill Kerr who doesn't exist.
View Quote

Thanks for the link.  As promised I retract what I said.  I'm also blind for not noticing the link on th free republic page.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]Thanks for the link[/b]

NO PROBLEM. Even after looking at the Oakland Press page I have a hard time believing it. I imagine it must be worse when it is your own state.

I remember how completely freaked I was when Florida started counting election votes by dramatically different standards according to county in the last election.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was in High School, the cops would have said they got what they deserved and that would have been the end of it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#14]
There was something similar 2 doors down from me in South Florida. We had been having a spurt of Burglaries and Vandalism and the Police weren't doing squat about it. They would come out fill out some papers and deep 6 it.

So, one day the guy 2 doors down caught some teens vandalizing his house. They fled, he gave chase. He caught one of them as the kid was running into his parent's house. THe kid fell and bumped his head. Never mind it was only a bump and he deserved alot worse...the neighbor who chased the punks was charged with Home Invasion becasue he entered the house (albeit in the doorway) and somebody got hurt (albeit a small bump on the head). Hid wife ended up mortgaging the title to their house to pay his bail. In the end he got off, but not until after spending a few days in Jail and a few months facing Felony charges that could have sent him away for a long long time...

I do like the comment his next door neighbor made after that happened that the only reason he wasn't the one on trial was because he was too slow to catch the punks when they hit his house.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I have to admit that it would have sucked to get caught in a girlfriend's bedroom closet at that age. Of course, I haven't snuck in to [i]too[/i] many girls' bedrooms. Those days are of a necessity over, of course.

I can't say I blame the guy. As much as I would've hated getting beaten (whether by accident or otherwise), I would surely have deserved it.

Had I ever gotten caught, anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top