Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 3:51:09 PM EDT
Over in another forum a member suggested we boycott oil.

I say not only boycott oil, let's do something for those folks over Louisiana .

Instead putting $100 in the pockets of the oil fat cats when filling up your rig for a weekend trip, stay home and donate the money to your favorite charity for those poor folks in Louisiana who need our help.

waterdog
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:01:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ORIGINAL-Waterdog:

Instead putting $100 in the pockets of the oil fat cats when filling up your rig for a weekend trip, stay home and donate the money to your favorite charity for those poor folks in Louisiana who need our help.

waterdog

Go away troll.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:02:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:04:02 PM EDT by SO-COM]
Fuck you. I'm keeping my money. The gov already takes alot of it for shit like this.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:03:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 4:04:28 PM EDT by Specop_007]

Originally Posted By Merlin:

waterdog

Go away troll.

ORIGINAL-Waterdog
Post Number :: 157

AZ, USA

Merlin
Team Member
Post Number :: 2513

AL, USA

Shut up spammer.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:04:25 PM EDT
Let's boycott Big Weather. They all work for Halliburton. Besides, it's all BUSH's fault.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:34:39 PM EDT
Hey, it was just a suggestion. Nobodies got to do a fucking thing.

waterdog
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:39:38 PM EDT
I think I'll just boycott the boycotts. Remember the ole Waylon Jennings song. "I'm gonna put together a coalition to ban coalitions".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:45:38 PM EDT
How about we let the market decide? Too many people driving already.

Shit, no one was complaining back in 1998 when gasoline was $0.73 a gallon and crude was at $12 a barrel. You whining pu$$ies should have stored a few thousand gallons back then for use now.

What were the oil companies doing back then with those prices? Trying to get you hooked on gasoline? Hell no! There was a GLUT of oil on the market due to the fallout of the Asian economy sucking hind teat.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:49:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:52:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:

Originally Posted By Keith_J:
Shit, no one was complaining back in 1998 when gasoline was $0.73 a gallon and crude was at $12 a barrel. You whining pu$$ies should have stored a few thousand gallons back then for use now.

How does one store gasoline for 7 years?

Carefully. Aside from the obivious, it needs to be sealed with minimal airspace in steel drums, protected from extremes of heat and humidity. It will be fine.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:52:55 PM EDT

waterdog

Go away troll.

How in the hell is he a TROLL? He has an idea to help out and you call him a Troll?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:52:59 PM EDT

waterdog

Your post made me impotent.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 7:54:06 PM EDT by Stryfe]

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:

How does one store gasoline for 7 years?

Buy gasoline futures on the cheap?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:55:02 PM EDT

What were the oil companies doing back then with those prices? Trying to get you hooked on gasoline? Hell no! There was a GLUT of oil on the market due to the fallout of the Asian economy sucking hind teat.

Gas was not 0.73 cents a gallon in 1998, who are you tring to kid?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:00:13 PM EDT

waterdog

Go away troll.

Damn....that's harsh. I'm not the boycottin type of guy, but I think his post was the only constructive thing I've seen written on these pages in 4 or 5 days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:01:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:03:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

Wholesale maybe, or before state tax ...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:08:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dugedug:

It was here. I could fill up my truck for less than $19.00 then today that fill up would cost me $75.

But to blame the oil companies because we will not drill and build nuke plants is laughable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:09:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dugedug:

I payed $.79 per gal just outside of Tyler Tx. it was either Nov. of 97 or 98. I got a 35mm picture if it somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:10:08 PM EDT
The President has said if you don't need it, DON'T FILL YOUR TANK!

Wise words. You folks don't understand?

The average fuel tank is somewhat less than 1/2 full. With 203 million cars on the road, each having an average 18 gallon fuel tank means every car could take about 10 gallons if the media caused a panic. That would mean 2030 million gallons of gas would be sold that day. Guess what? THERE ISN'T THAT MUCH GAS IN THE SYSTEM! Daily consumption is 383 million gallons per day.

So you see, supply can be drawn down RAPIDLY. Matter of fact, each car on the road would only get less than 2 gallons per day.

Think about that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:11:38 PM EDT

It was in Texas. I remember because people were being laid off due to the low price.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:15:14 PM EDT

It was in Texas. I remember because people were being laid off due to the low price.

.73 cents a gallon, really? If this is indeed true then WOW!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:18:44 PM EDT
I already donated to the folks in NO. My federal income tax pays for their "social programs"
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:24:19 PM EDT
Boycott oil?

How about you boycott air and leave it for the people who aren't already braindead, mk?
Top Top