Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/15/2008 5:24:33 AM EST
In the State of Florida, both Disney and Georgia Pacific feel that their parking lots are exempt from the law in Florida that allows people with legal permits to have their guns locked up in personal vehicles in their parking lots.

Why do so many companies/people feel they have the right to infringe on the legal rights of gun owners.

The best way that we gun owners can express our selves is to stop going to Disney, which may be a good thing for other reasons and do not purchase any products produced by Georgia Pacific paper company. We can find products made by other companies to wipe our bottom, paper plates, napkins and other paper products. Seek out their products to know which to avoid.

This is a small price for us to pay for the injury they cause to all gun owners nation wide.

We must stand together and ask our friends to stand with us. What is next???

Support and help promote a nationwide boycott.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 12:55:35 PM EST
While I agree with your boycott idea, I also believe a private business can set limits on what they do on their own property. This includes the usual "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign that many places have.

My job has the same policy as Disney. Needless to say, it's often ignored by many employees.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 2:07:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By BobCole:
While I agree with your boycott idea, I also believe a private business can set limits on what they do on their own property. This includes the usual "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" sign that many places have.

My job has the same policy as Disney. Needless to say, it's often ignored by many employees.

They are absolutely entitled to have that control, but they must be made to understand that there are consequences to be suffered for denial of basic rights. My brother is a CCW holder in Ohio and shortly after they passed shall issue concealed carry there, businesses came out in droves announcing that they would not allow it on their premises. A state group of CCW holders began printing and distributing cards that CCW holders would present to the store managers telling them they would not patronize their business until they changed their policy. Needless to say, quite a few of them changed their policy when they realized what it would cost them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 5:30:34 PM EST

I also believe a private business can set limits on what they do on their own property.

Limiting individuals private property rights regarding what items they can store in their vehicles is not a limit that private businesses can do anymore...that is when it comes to firearms....and at least according to the new LAW.

I believe that the right of businesses to allow weapons in their parking lots is not the issue anymore. That time has passed....at least here in Florida.

The Brady scumbags lost the battle here...and that's it.

Every time the Southern Classic gun show is scheduled in Orlando we should celebrate with an empty holster gathering at the Disney's entrance...
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 5:24:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/16/2008 5:25:01 PM EST by BobCole]

Originally Posted By MOS11C:

Limiting individuals private property rights regarding what items they can store in their vehicles is not a limit that private businesses can do anymore...that is when it comes to firearms....and at least according to the new LAW.

When one is on another's PRIVATE property, said visitor has NO property rights, IMO.

Having said that, I offer the following two caveats:

1) I support a boycott.

2) Gun owners make Disney liable for ANY idiot going postal. That should make their lawyers sit up & take notice, IMO............
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:03:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2008 1:08:16 PM EST by MOS11C]

When one is on another's PRIVATE property, said visitor has NO property rights, IMO.

What the hell does that mean?

I have the right over my private property no matter where I go.
If anyone doesn't like it then they have the right to deny me access to their property.

Part of Florida Statute 790 now provides:

prohibiting a public or private employer from prohibiting a customer, employee, or invitee from possessing any legally owned firearm that is lawfully possessed and locked inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot; prohibiting a public or private employer from violating the privacy rights of a customer, employee, or invitee by verbal or written inquiry regarding the presence of a firearm inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot or by the search of a private motor vehicle in a parking lot to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle; prohibiting actions by a public or private employer against a customer, employee, or invitee based upon verbal or written statements concerning possession of a firearm stored inside a private motor vehicle in a parking lot for lawful purposes;

That some companies want to use the provided loopholes by the Statutes is another story.

All that we need now is that all of the scum businesses get explosives permits.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:11:19 PM EST

Exactly what it says, sir. A business has the right to not accept this or that in order to perform their business & make a profit.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:31:58 PM EST
My bidness has the same policy too.

If you boycott my work I can't eat.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:48:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2008 5:50:41 PM EST by MOS11C]

Exactly what it says, sir. A business has the right to not accept this or that in order to perform their business & make a profit.

Not according to the new law regarding firearms locked in the car.
Businesses are bound by State Law and regulations and furthermore local municipalities ordnances and statutes.
The only thing keeping Disney afloat with this is the explosive loophole.

You can keep repeating your quote as many times as you want but this is not a lawless land.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:35:11 PM EST
I can see it now: Disney exercises its rights and prohibits clothes.

That's right. You visit Disney, you leave your pants at the door. It's their right. Drop 'em.

After all, Donald doesn't wear 'em, does he?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 12:49:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 12:49:47 PM EST by MOS11C]

Originally Posted By richkrajewski:
I can see it now: Disney exercises its rights and prohibits clothes.

That's right. You visit Disney, you leave your pants at the door. It's their right. Drop 'em.

After all, Donald doesn't wear 'em, does he?

Wouldn't that attract more child molesters?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 1:12:29 PM EST

You can keep repeating your quote as many times as you want but this is not a lawless land.

Oh, golly gee, sir. Maybe I should have that tattooed on my arm so I can read it every day....................
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:13:37 PM EST

Oh, golly gee, sir. Maybe I should have that tattooed on my arm so I can read it every day....................

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:52:04 PM EST
Im in on a boycott. Somebody should nationalize this. I dont know how, but If they knew they would lose business, I think they would change.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:39:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By semperfiws6:
Im in on a boycott. Somebody should nationalize this. I dont know how, but If they knew they would lose business, I think they would change.

I'll continue to boycott them even if they change it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:09:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 6:09:55 PM EST by semperfiws6]

I'll continue to boycott them even if they change it.

Theres always one
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:25:28 PM EST
Kinda hard to boycott Georgia Pacific when they are one of the largest providers of paper products. They produce brands that they don't even put their name on. I bet everyone on arfcom has some GP branded products in their home at this current time.

And Disney, they own so many other companies that you are bound to purchase something from a Disney owned corporation at some point.

My employer has a sign posted outside on the security gates surrounding our facility, as well as a written policy regarding it, but it doesn't stop anyone from carrying concealed and keeping it secret. Disney police (or whatever you call them) probably won't try to search a vehicle even if someone overhears someone else bragging about having a firearm inside their vehicle. And if they do, it's their fault for not shutting the hell up about it.

I say... don't ask, don't tell!
Top Top