Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2009 10:26:39 AM EDT
The sequence of events described by police didn't jibe with what they know of Seay's character, his family said. Cousin Carla Seay said he was "a mama's boy," who hung out only with family and played video games all the time. "As a juvenile, he didn't get in no trouble."

"He's not that type of person at all," said Seay's brother, Ferrell Davis, who until recently had been in jail.

Ferrell Davis said his brother James had been robbed twice recently and might have been protecting himself or his alleged associate when he fired.

"My brother is not the person they're making him out to be in the news," Ferrell Davis said.

"The way they're blasting him is ridiculous," Kimberly Davis, James Seay's sister, said of her brother. "If you were dressed undercover – they are not in uniform – and you grab my arm, I'm going to defend myself, too."

Ferrell Davis said the only trouble his brother had gotten into concerned school absences. James Seay was in a Life Skills program, Ferrell Davis said.

The family wondered aloud about the police department's version of events. They wondered why the police dog was sicced on him, and they wondered why the undercover detectives didn't stop the teens before they robbed the gas station.

"I think it's just as much their fault as it is the boys," the Rev. Seay said of the officers'' actions.
They also said they hadn't heard from James Seay since his arrest, and wondered they he hasn't called them. "Who's to say they ain't verbally abusing him, if not physically abusing him," said the reverend, a self-described ex-convict.

"He has a mother, too," said Lolitha Seay, another of James Seay's siblings. "She has the right to know."

Creary's mother, Renee, was dumbfounded when told of what her son was accused of doing.
"I'm hearing it but I'm just not believing," said the certified nursing assistant. "It's just shocking to me."

"My son – he really is a good person," Renee Creary said. "He's obedient to us – do what we say," she said, referring to herself and her husband, Creary's father.

Renee Creary said her heart went out to the officer and his family.

"I'm really sorry about what happened to the police officer," she said, "I pray for him and his family. I know he was doing his job."

James Seay

Ya right.

link

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#1]
"Mah baby didn't do nuffin."
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Why is it that immediately after reading the bullshit "excuses" I knew exactly what the shooter looked like before I saw the picture?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#3]
He dinnit do nuffins, maing!  Him jus' go to da sto' ta gits some grape drank!  You can't be doin' dis shit!  We's got a black pred-dent now!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
No....and for future reference, you needn't ever say such a thing again. ~ JW777

Sarcasm is a lost art, I guess.  I thought the smileys made it obvious...

Sorry folks, I was truly being sarcastic!

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
something doesnt add up...
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
they wondered why the undercover detectives didn't stop the teens before they robbed the gas station.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Go back to your KKK rally.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#8]
He was jus tryin to do hood rat things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

not exactly what i meant...
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure this was due to the bad economy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He was jus tryin to do hood rat things.

With his friend that smokes real cigarettes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

...said Seay's brother, Ferrell Davis, who until recently had been in jail...James Seay was in a Life Skills program... Rev. Seay...a self-described ex-convict....

What a fine upstanding family.

Hope and Change bitches.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
OMFG!!! Can we just shoot the next out of touch parent who says "Ma baby didn't do nuthin;" or whatever words they use to that effect?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why is it that immediately after reading the bullshit "excuses" I knew exactly what the shooter looked like before I saw the picture?

Yup-
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#15]
He and his buddies are going to jail.  The family members amount to character witnesses.  Their claims don't even try to answer why he had what will most likely be a stolen firearm.  Of course, they have to ignore it because otherwise they'd have to admit he was breaking the law.

Adios, dumbass.  See you in 25 to life.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Boy, hell.  Old enough to know better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:52:28 AM EDT
[#17]
"James Seay was in a Life Skills program"

This is short hand for juvenile deliquent that isn't hacking regular school so we sent him to the program that teaches basic skills like reading and writing.

Lots of fail here. And none of it is at the police department.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He dinnit do nuffins, maing!  Him jus' go to da sto' ta gits some grape drank!  You can't be doin' dis shit!  We's got a black pred-dent now!

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Fuck him.  Fuck him and I hope he dies hard in prison.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#20]
It's Bush's fault.  Obama is the president now and black folk are large and in charge.  Nothing will happen to this fine upstanding representative of the community.  As a matter of fact, I heard that Obama just appointed him a district supervisor for ACORN.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Well.

I guess all I need to know to solidify my opinion is on the security camera at the gas station.

-p.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:03:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well.

I guess all I need to know to solidify my opinion is on the security camera at the gas station.

-p.

security cameras are racist.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#24]
He needs a bail out
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You my friend are a racist piece of shit
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He needs a bail out

Sorry, $0 bond means no bail.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
they wondered why the undercover detectives didn't stop the teens before they robbed the gas station.

They was entrapted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly how does that make him a "racist POS"???

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Hang him high in the street.  For all the people to see.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:34:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Mah baby didn't do nuffin."

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly how does that make him a "racist POS"???

He stated that he knew wath the shooter looked like before he had seen the picture. I guess you are just as ignorant
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Perfect article to show to people who really believe there are no 'mah baby dint do nuffin!' cases.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Never is their fault. That would require them to be responsible. Responsibility is what other people have to take care of them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#34]
i was actually in agreement with the brother––if a guy grabs me, i am entitled to defend myself...

...right up until i saw that he had just committed a robbery.

but he's a good boy, other than the felony and all.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hang him high in the street.  For all the people to see.

toby keith. nice
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This is short hand for juvenile deliquent that isn't hacking regular school so we sent him to the program that teaches basic skills like reading and writing.

My son is learning disabled and life skills are learning everyday skills you and I take for granted. How to shop, cook , clean ,ect. But it seems like you could have used some spelling or grammer.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sick of these gangbanging/thug pieces of shit. It would be nice if some of the stimulus money went to building more prisons to put these mother fuckers away for good!
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Because stereotypes are often rooted in fact?
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

same here

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because stereotypes are often rooted in fact?

couldnt agree more
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm sick of these gangbanging/thug pieces of shit. It would be nice if some of the stimulus money went to building more prisons to put these mother fuckers away for good!

Gas chambers.  We need to build gas chambers.  With stadium seating.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son is learning disabled and life skills are learning everyday skills you and I take for granted. How to shop, cook , clean ,ect. But it seems like you could have used some spelling or grammer.

Oh the irony....
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

..ooooooorrrr I just came to a conclusion (that happened to be correct) by interpreting the tone and facts of the article. People embodying a stereotype and me recognizing that =/= me being a racist.  Nice try though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He needs a bail out

I just narrowly avoided an outburst of laughter in the Shelton State computer library and drooled all over myself.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or grammar even.

You fail.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah right.....

For what ??

Ass hats like this drive me nuts....

Had they stopped em before the robbery, Im sure they would have said that the gun the police found was planted, & they had no right to stop them.

You just can't win

& they want to take OUR guns away ??

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go back to your KKK rally.

It was sarcasm, but it matters not now as it was edited by the Gods...

When I post smileys, I'm sarcastic/funny/joking.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#48]
The whole "my baby din't do nuthin'" mentality
is getting old.

The black community in So. St Pete desperately needs
to pull it's head out of it's collective ass.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#49]
This kid is a load of shit.  His family are pieces of shit; probably comes from a shitty community that hates whitey because its all our fault.  Fuck him, I hope he rots in jail.  This is why we need forced castration for violent felons.

I think we might be in for a few more years of this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup-

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top