Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/27/2002 4:10:37 PM EDT
Picked this up at work...makes you feel all warm and cuddly[;D]
On a business trip, my father approached a security checkpoint at the airport. The National Guard shift was rotating, and a guard, in full uniform, was in line in front of him. As with everybody else, the soldier was ordered to go through the metal detector. Before doing so, he handed his M-16 rifle to security personnel along with other items such as handcuffs and a flashlight. Still the alarm sounded when he walked through. Further inspection revealed a Swiss Army knife inside one of his pockets. “Sorry, sir,” security said to the soldier, “but this item is prohibited.” Taking the knife away, the airport worker then handed him back the M-16. [i]-Samantha Couchoud, in [u]Reader’s Digest Humor in Uniform,[/u] September 2002[/i]
View Quote
BRAINS, IGOR, MORE BRAINS!!!! Tango7
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:21:00 PM EDT
Security ninjas are morons and there was an article the other day about [i]elite[/i] airport screeners ( ninjas ) and their fifteen minutes of training before going on the job.
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 4:23:39 PM EDT
Actually, that makes sense. The M-16 isn't loaded.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:08:14 AM EDT
All the more reason that I refuse to fly anywhere. Remember that scene in "Airplane"?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 7:13:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Deliverator: Actually, that makes sense. The M-16 isn't loaded.
View Quote
thats not true at all the airports.....at mine they had the bolt carrier open and i looked in and saw the mag was totally filled.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:45:30 AM EDT
So as long as I let the screener hold my AR when I go through the metal detector, it's okay to bring it on board, as long as I don't bring my Swiss Army knife?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:57:59 AM EDT
i wonder if it would be interesting to see if anyone were to dress up like a national guardsmen and go through the security and make it through with his ar-15......i bet that would be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 11:44:54 AM EDT
This whole thing just keeps getting stranger and stranger.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 7:21:29 AM EDT
I believe the actual term, according to Lewis Carroll, is "Curioser and curiouser". [i]Through the Looking Glass[/i] of course could be changed to [i]Through the TV Screen[/i] for our younger generations [8D]. Of course, it's a toss up on who'd play the Red Queen - Rosie or Hitlary? Tango7
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 10:43:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC:
Originally Posted By Deliverator: Actually, that makes sense. The M-16 isn't loaded.
View Quote
thats not true at all the airports.....at mine they had the bolt carrier open and i looked in and saw the mag was totally filled.
View Quote
?? Why would they walk around with the bolt open, one bump on the bolt catch and they chamber a round accidentally (and slight risk of slamfire in a bad direction).
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:00:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC: I wonder if it would be interesting to see if anyone were to dress up like a national guardsmen and go through the security and make it through with his ar-15......i bet that would be interesting.
View Quote
Now there is an idea![devil]
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 11:11:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eswanson: So as long as I let the screener hold my AR when I go through the metal detector, it's okay to bring it on board, as long as I don't bring my Swiss Army knife?
View Quote
Maybe it is because it is Swiss. They won't let you through with French toast either![whacko]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 6:10:35 PM EDT
In the Marines, I was taught never to lose or give up my rifle to anyone as it is my life. I guess this rule is overpowered by some $8/hr airport security personel that probably aren't U.S. citizens. Friggin' shame. [b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Top Top