Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2011 2:38:33 PM EDT
If what I have seen on the internet is right that means it is perma-dead.

Any help?
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Send it in.

Call or use the online form first.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
disregard.

however you could try the towel trick.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If youre out of warranty, get it X clamped. Worked for mine for about 6 months then I got another RROD

Slim 360s were onsale for 129$ on boxing day and I didn't pick one up
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I had that same error, it means your xbox is toast.  You send it in for repairs at a fee of $100.  Personally I am done with xbox, i am on my third one and when the one I have now stops working (it is barely limping along) I will not be getting another.  I will probably go back to sony.
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
What is that noise...  Oh it is my teeth grinding...

Buying another box.

Is the Elite version really any better or is it just a gimmick?
Link Posted: 1/21/2011 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Buying another box.

Buying another XBOX is pointless, it will just break again.  Everyone I know who has an XBOX has had it break at LEAST once.  You could just give me $200, I can kick you in the nuts and save you some time.

Link Posted: 1/21/2011 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Buying another box.

The Elite supposedly has updated internals that aren't supposed to cook. When my 1st Gen 360 red-ringed last week, I went with one of the new 250gb S models instead.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buying another box.

Buying another XBOX is pointless, it will just break again.  Everyone I know who has an XBOX has had it break at LEAST once.  You could just give me $200, I can kick you in the nuts and save you some time.

Tell you what I will do...

I will explain why I am buying another.

1) I fixed the last one myself three times after I bought it at a salvage sale for $100, and it worked for over four years.

2) I did most that when I was working 40 hours a week for 17.50 an hour. Now I work around 48 hours a week making 24.50 per hour.

3) So while I could afford to buy you a new one and a years subscription for the amusement of it I would rather pay someone else $500 for your back molars in an overnight package.

Any takers??

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buying another box.

I've had my 360 since 2007.. play it often.. and have never had any issues. I also have many friends who have 360s that have had no issues.  I'm guessing either you, and a majority of the people you know who have had theirs RROD, likely have it in an area where it cannot breathe... or you are exaggerating that *everyone* you know with a 360s has had a RROD.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying another box.

I've had my 360 since 2007.. play it often.. and have never had any issues. I also have many friends who have 360s that have had no issues.  I'm guessing either you, and a majority of the people you know who have had theirs RROD, likely have it in an area where it cannot breathe... or you are exaggerating that *everyone* you know with a 360s has had a RROD.

I keep my XBOX in an open area where all of the fans are clear of any blockage.  I have had 1 RROD, 1 E-74, and now my Disc Drive is dying, it is not just the RROD that causes problems on these things it seems like every part on them is poorly made.  My friends all have had similar problems and they keep their XBOXs in similar open areas.  I am done paying for XBOXs, I will not be buying another or paying to have this one fixed when it finally dies that will be the end of XBOX in my house.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying another box.

Tell you what I will do...

I will explain why I am buying another.

1) I fixed the last one myself three times after I bought it at a salvage sale for $100, and it worked for over four years.

2) I did most that when I was working 40 hours a week for 17.50 an hour. Now I work around 48 hours a week making 24.50 per hour.

3) So while I could afford to buy you a new one and a years subscription for the amusement of it I would rather pay someone else $500 for your back molars in an overnight package.

Any takers??

Lighten up Clyde, I was making a joke about Microsoft products being a pain in the ass to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Buying another box.

The failure rate for xbox is something like 62%.

OP, check your local craigslist in the video game section, there are probably some dudes in your AO who will repair it and even offer a warranty. Had the same error as you, just yesterday...$25 and 30 minutes got me up and running again. Second time for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top