Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 5:29:10 PM EDT
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but with my work schedule I only get on here about once a week. Anyways, I thought I saw a message from Old_Painless that theboxotruth.com had been taken down. Has anyone compiled a list of the original BoT threads in one spot on this site? Have they been archived anywhere?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
If they need $$ to keep it up I'd be happy to pitch in.    
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, I must have missed that it was down.  I was on vacation last week.  OP must be finding more stuff to shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You could pony up for a team membership and then look them up in the archives.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You could pony up for a team membership and then look them up in the archives.hr

There are a bunch of people who don't come to arfcom who love his post there.  I think that he should keep it up too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You could pony up for a team membership and then look them up in the archives.

hey, give me some time, I'm new
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
bump to see if anyone else knows? O_P are you out there?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just got here.

You heard correctly.  I had the site listed with a company called Valueweb.com.  They are a bunch of theives and stole money from me.

I shut down the site and have no plans to re-open it.

Sorry about that, but that's the story.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got here.

You heard correctly.  I had the site listed with a company called Valueweb.com.  They are a bunch of theives and stole money from me.

Sorry to hear that OP but if you ever get the urge to shoot more stuff and take pics make sure you let us know.
Your "retired" sporting time was a significant eye opener to a lot of myths out there and a just plain great read.

Have fun and remember to keep em in the 10 ring.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Take a look around there are lots of free webhosts out there, check Yahoo Geo-citys for one there are others to some will even let you use your own domain, alot of them will force you to have ads on your pages, but some are ad free, run a search....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Take a look around there are lots of free webhosts out there, check Yahoo Geo-citys for one there are others to some will even let you use your own domain, alot of them will force you to have ads on your pages, but some are ad free, run a search....

Thanks for the info.

However, I often got over 60 GB of hits per month.  Not many sites will give you that much bandwidth.

And, I doubt that Yahoo would be "gun friendly".  They probably wouldn't like a site about shooting stuff.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

However, I often got over 60 GB of hits per month.  Not many sites will give you that much bandwidth.

And, I doubt that Yahoo would be "gun friendly".  They probably wouldn't like a site about shooting stuff.

If I could get you some space, would you set it back up?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

If I could get you some space, would you set it back up?

Check IMs.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The web needs your site...
I hope you decide to bring it back one of these days.
All I can do to help is to offer a small contribution.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

No problems with Yahoo and our Virginia Black rifles group.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#16]
tag
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that, O_P. Your work with the BoT did not go unappreciated, that's for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us while it lasted, and I look forward to seeing more tests here if you ever decide to do 'em.

as far as Yahoo goes, my gun club has a Yahoo Group mailing-list through them and we've never had any problems with our content.

and shooting stuff is STILL fun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Here you go UNLIMITED bandwidth, and space, and it's FREE, the only catch is they force you to show there ads, and you don't get your own domain name, you can just get one of the other cheap free hosts to host your domain name, and put a page there to redirect to this site, or even just host your pictures on this one and run your HTML off the other server, or theres plenty of others out there to:

www.hostultra.com/freehosting.html
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Just to clear up a misstatement  by me, I used 68,412.766MB of bandwidth in the month of June.

That's a lot of bandwidth.

Isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#21]
thats bad about your site i liked it

now how about more  how-to clean  weapon threads with tampons.

my mom was here when i brought up that thread and we could not stop laughing for over an hour
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Here you go UNLIMITED bandwidth, and space, and it's FREE, the only catch is they force you to show there ads, and you don't get your own domain name, you can just get one of the other cheap free hosts to host your domain name, and put a page there to redirect to this site, or even just host your pictures on this one and run your HTML off the other server, or theres plenty of others out there to:

www.hostultra.com/freehosting.html

user agreement

# n addition to the above, User shall not upload onto their hostultra web space any of the following:

1. audio or video files of any type this includes but is not limited to .wma .wmv .wav .mp3 .avi .mpg .asf .mov (however flash and midi files are allowed);
  2. spanned archives such as such as .z01 .rar .ace;
  3. any binary files that are not linked to an html page on the Site;
  4. sites which contain only (or mostly) downloadable files;
  5. download sites of any kind, including but not limited to, shareware, freeware, trialware, demos, warez, appz, gamez, iso, cracks;
  6. photo albums, image galleries or TGPs;

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got here.

I'm sorry, but that is unacceptable!  BOT must live on!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#24]
If you still have the files I can host them for you.
60 gig a month isnt a problem.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you still have the files I can host them for you.
60 gig a month isnt a problem.

IM inbound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top