Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/17/2005 10:49:26 PM EDT
For NYC school teachers. At least thats the impression my former sister in law gave when she said it was a good movie. She found it "very informative" during a "required faculty media viewing." It came up during a conversation about movies after I had finished putting my daughter to bed after my monthly visit up in Brooklyn. The subject got changed real fast when I mentioned that Michael Moore was full of crap. It would be interesting to verify if it really is "required" viewing for training of teachers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:52:41 PM EDT
This needs to be required reading for her;

www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:53:09 PM EDT
I highly doubt that POS flick is required viewing material, however I wouldn't put it past the libtards in the N.E.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:53:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:07:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 11:08:47 PM EDT by smokycity]

Originally Posted By VT4meGunCtrlisAntiUS:
I highly doubt that POS flick is required viewing material, however I wouldn't put it past the libtards in the N.E.

I really didn't quiz her on it, it was a real quick comment on both out parts. Soon as she mentioned it, I did the [cough]Bullshit[cough] and she let it go. My ex's family are all anti gun, and I think she forgot for a second who she was talking to. My ex blames my "views" on the 2nd as one of (many) the reasons we separated. She hated that I had a gun in the house, and I was a LEO at the time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:36:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By smokycity:
...She found it "very informative"...

Funny how any sort of media mockumentary that is sufficiently stylized, contains cliche PC sound-bites, & which is told in the typical vein of false confidence, always gets accepted as truthful & "informative".

The object lesson is simple: tell a lie w/ confidence & phrase it stylistically w/ the appropriate language & key terms, & it will be canonized, regardless of the facts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:38:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
I think it should be required viewing, if you want to understand how the other side thinks.

I have been putting off seeing it, as I can't bring myself to actually pay money to rent it. But it is coming on CBC(canadian channel) monday(I think). I may watch it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 11:42:04 PM EDT by ggllggll]
That movie should be required viewing!

If your going to hate Mike at least see what garbage he tries to feed people.

I actually enjoyed the movie, although I do NOT not agree with his views, its interesting to see what he thinks.

ETA: the part about the michigan militia is priceless
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:44:13 PM EDT

I think it should be required viewing, if you want to understand how the other side thinks.

thats why i saw it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:49:13 PM EDT
I watched it, and I have a evil black rifle.

meh.

For me, it just made me think that acquiring a gun shouldn't be as easy as it is. Afterall, it's a got an immense amount of power, and only people who actively demonstrate intelligence and responsibility should own one. Me? I Just had to have not committed a crime, and that's not really hard, haha.

:)

I beleive that gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right... I also think the same can be said about owning/driving a car. I'm actually happy that gas prices are going up, maybe illegal immigrants with no insurance will decide to leave their rust buckets at home and ride the bus.

One thing... Guns will never leave America, it's such a huge part of our cultural identity, as michael moore points out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:57:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/17/2005 11:58:08 PM EDT by NYPatriot]

Originally Posted By gordon_freeman:

meh.

For me, it just made me think that acquiring a gun shouldn't be as easy as it is. Afterall, it's a got an immense amount of power, and only people who actively demonstrate intelligence and responsibility should own one. Me? I Just had to have not committed a crime, and that's not really hard, haha.

I beleive that gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right... I also think the same can be said about owning/driving a car. I'm actually happy that gas prices are going up, maybe illegal immigrants with no insurance will decide to leave their rust buckets at home and ride the bus.

One thing... Guns will never leave America, it's such a huge part of our cultural identity, as michael moore points out.

Fess up... who's troll acccount are you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 12:08:53 AM EDT by yugosksfan]

meh.

ETA: I have not seen BFC, or anything else made by that fatfuck Michael Moore. Mainly due to the fact that I can't bring myself to paying money to watch something that has a 95% likelyhood of raising my blood pressure to dangerous levels.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:06:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 12:08:34 AM EDT by Maxxx]

meh.

I beleive that gun ownership should be a privilege, not a right...

So when did they change it to the Bill of Privilge. I missed that.
I also think the same can be said about owning/driving a car. I'm actually happy that gas prices are going up, maybe illegal immigrants with no insurance will decide to leave their rust buckets at home and ride the bus.

True. I think alot of people should have there lic. pulled but there is no right to drive under the bill of rights.

Tell that to the people of N.O.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:07:22 AM EDT
The real Gordon Freeman wouldn't say that.

Then again, the real Gordon Freeman never says anything does he?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:09:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 12:10:14 AM EDT by yugosksfan]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:19:29 AM EDT
Sorry. My bad. I fed the troll.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:56:34 PM EDT
But wasnt Mike moore's first political movie full of realisem? Canadian Bacon
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:07:55 PM EDT
He's considered to be a legitimate "sociologist" in the Portland public schools and U's.
matthew
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:13:18 PM EDT

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:18:05 PM EDT
Freeman =
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:28:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sgthoskins:
Freeman =

+1000

I wonder what his DUh account name is?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:40:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FOX-:

+1 to Super Kid, errrr...Fox, for being the first to post this in response.

-Ben
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:17:54 AM EDT
well, i think it's good that one of the most popular anti-gun control movies in history is required viewing.

"the canadians have millions of guns, and they're not out shooting each other."

"in this small town, everyone has a gun, and they haven't had a murder in 20 years"

"so, guns are not the problem."

-michael moore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:26:51 AM EDT

I watched it, and I have a an evil black rifle.

meh. No such word.

I guess you should give your's up.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:31:57 AM EDT
Please don't feed the troll.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:42:27 AM EDT
The only thing I got out of that dumbass movie was that Dick Clark was responsiable for some kid getting shot because his mom was not home but at work as a waitress for his resturant chain. And that poor lady that was a secretary at K-Mart's HQ shot some kid at Columbine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:51:32 AM EDT

I agree. Every Pro-Gun person should watch it to see how the lefts "logic" works
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:15:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:20:24 PM EDT
I rented Farenheit 911.

My wife and I watched it together.

About 1/2 way thru the movie, she turns to me and says...

"What a f*cking waste of four dollars. Don't EVER rent anything that Moore makes..."

I LOVE my wife
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:52:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FOX-:

So he has a small disagreement with the Constitution.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:12:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JWC6:
I rented Farenheit 911.

My wife and I watched it together.

About 1/2 way thru the movie, she turns to me and says...

"What a f*cking waste of four dollars. Don't EVER rent anything that Moore makes..."

I LOVE my wife

Sounds like a smart woman.
Top Top