Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 2:06:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm.....Doggonit's fancy suit must have had a hole in it.

I'm going to get the popcorn and beer.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
This is going to be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Who posted that?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
wth are you talking about??????

put down the crack pipe and back away with your hands up!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Michael Moore is right: In a country with this many people who are always frightened and scared, you shouldn't have this many guns and so much ammo.
View Quote

Ya know, this issue is entirely regional.
100% pure and simple. The author was from New Jersey. Before I even knew where he was from, I could've told you that this man was from the northeastern US.

Some of the "gun owners" from New York and New Jersey and Mass. are far more likely to take this mindset. His mindset. “There are too many guns”, even though I’m sure the assclown owns guns.
This breed of gun owner is far more likely to buy an AR15, and take it out at every dinner party, making sure to say "high capacity magazine" and "assault weapon" as many times as possible to impress/scare those attending. If they banned his AR15, he wouldn’t care, because it wasn’t until last year that he even knew that:

A) They weren’t machineguns
B) They were legal in the first place

- so should the future of AR15’s go in Sara Bradys direction, it’s no great familial loss to Mr. New Jersey Gun Owner…

I have encountered these people too many times, and I am beginning to hate them. Truly, deeply hate them, like I hate politicians and dog catchers. I don't want them on my side anymore.

People from those states should not be trusted with guns. Ban them all, and immediatley round them up. I don't care. I am all for local control.
Ban everything in CA, MA, NY, NJ, MA, HI.
I say good. Most of the "gun owners" there aren't worth a damn anyway, and the few who are actually "good gun owners" are too outnumered to make a difference.
Take all of your northeastern "moderation" on the gun issue and shove it right back up your collective asses.

(Ans PS. Calling Moore fat and gay to drive home your point is a tad Junior High.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Where did this come from?

Moore wasn't right about jackshit, he skewed almost everything he tried to show in this "documentary".  Half the damn thing was fake as hell, he left out relevant facts because they didn't fit (the whole part about the Flint shooting, he forgot to mention the boy lived in a crackhouse, the gun was a stolen weapon left laying around by a criminal, the boy "who probably didn't know what he was doing" was previously violent attacking children, etc) and he offered no solution and in fact did not pinpoint the root of the "problem" anywhere in the film either.

Just a big fat waste of time BS "documentary".

This covers the BS: [url]http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn the temp gauge read 4500 degrees Fahrenheit when the dial melted... I am surprised that the suit held, it isn't rated that high. It was getting a bit warm, I even had the ice and water cooling on at 100%.

Ok, Merril B, are you related to Marylin Manson? I think so. AND I NEVER F*#&ING SAID THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY GUNS, I SAID THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY GUNS FOR CRAZY PEOPLE!!!

Damn, you got my bloodpressure up to 220/180

BTW: My suit is not shiny. See the now locked thread. It is not shiny.

Double-feed: My computer restarted itself yet I never told it to. What have you been doing? And who is that hippy looking guy in yor avatar pic? Were you a hippy once, now you look like that?

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

AND I NEVER F*#&ING SAID THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY GUNS, I SAID THAT THERE ARE TOO MANY GUNS FOR CRAZY PEOPLE!!!

View Quote

Quoted:

Michael Moore is right: In a country with this many people who are always frightened and scared, you shouldn't have this many guns and so much ammo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope this is some sort of sick joke.
I know more than a few gunowners in NY that don't fit that at all. NY is far from a gun owners paradise, but unlike some of those other states you listed our AWB is not any more restrictive than the federal, except it has no built in sunset. We can still import hicaps as long as they are pre 94. A good number of us would also be very upset if further restrictions were proposed. I wouldn't write off NY just yet, except for NY City.

Quoted:
Ban everything in CA, MA, NY, NJ, MA, HI.
I say good. Most of the "gun owners" there aren't worth a damn anyway, and the few who are actually "good gun owners" are too outnumered to make a difference.
Take all of your northeastern "moderation" on the gun issue and shove it right back up your collective asses.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is going to be interesting.
View Quote

BTW, Doggonnit, you have lived one sheltered life if you didn't know who that hippie is.
View Quote

I know who Willie Nelson is but I wanted to irritate DF, because I figured he likes his music.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Sharky and Mrs. Manson (Merril):

I dont want any more restricitons, I want the AWB dead. I want the import ban DEAD. Heck, I might even go for the NFA. But the fact remains that American culture and society remains at an all time low and if you don't see this then you are either deaf, blind, and dumb or you are dillusional. I dont like that fat bastard in any way shape or form but the does try to make a few good points.

Also: I case you didn't see the movie, he actually says that banning guns is not the solution, so much for that, but he is quite anti-American, so....
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Backpedal any faster and you'll warp into yesterday.

Quoted:

View Quote

Justify that statement.
Don't just make another statement that has nothing to do with what you said there.

Either
A) Retract that statement and admit you are wrong
B) Justify it

Here it is again just in case you forgot

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#18]
American culture and society remains at an all time low and if you don't see this then you are either deaf, blind, and dumb or you are delusional
View Quote

I personally believe believe people are starting to wake up and a swing to the more thoughtful and less emotionally driven right is beginning.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#19]
cappooby, I hope you are right. KILL ALL THE LAWYERS
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#20]
The only way to fix this country is to make Ann Coulter Dictator for Life. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Backpedal any faster and you'll warp into yesterday.

Quoted:

View Quote

Justify that statement.
Don't just make another statement that has nothing to do with what you said there.

Either
A) Retract that statement and admit you are wrong
B) Justify it

Here it is again just in case you forgot

Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

Uh I quoted Moore? Justify how?

Ok I admit beign wrong, now what?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll agree that the culture of this country is going down fast. I'm only 24 and I find my self making the kind of comments you'd expect from an old guy[:)] with respect to some of the modern pop culture I see
I did see Bowling for Crapubine. had to keep pausing it so I could go hit my punching bag. it was either that or break my monitor.

Quoted:
Sharky and Mrs. Manson (Merril):

I dont want any more restricitons, I want the AWB dead. I want the import ban DEAD. Heck, I might even go for the NFA. But the fact remains that American culture and society remains at an all time low and if you don't see this then you are either deaf, blind, and dumb or you are dillusional. I dont like that fat bastard in any way shape or form but the does try to make a few good points.

Also: I case you didn't see the movie, he actually says that banning guns is not the solution, so much for that, but he is quite anti-American, so....
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'll agree that the culture of this country is going down fast. I'm only 24 and I find my self making the kind of comments you'd expect from an old guy[:)] with respect to some of the modern pop culture I see

View Quote

Our nation is indeed going to shit culturally.
That is agreed. It started in the 60's, and has been festering ever since.
If you wonder why this is happening, go read Mr. Moores book "Stupid White Men" which I just finished.

Everything he promotes pretty much is the root cause of our nations cultural corrosion.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#25]
[b]Bowling For Columbine: Was Moore right?[/b]

He was "right" about one thing. Get the U. S. gun community all riled up over this movie and he would get [b]All[/b] the free publicity that he could ever imagine in his wildest dreams. This topic has been done to death!

[img]http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-034.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dog  - you believed it was correct when you posted it.  You now believe it isn't.  Why did you believe it was correct, and you now don't?
View Quote

I guess I fell into the trap. It was a well made movie, (for a propaganda piece)

Yeah, he got me with his babbling.

After reading up on his lies, I must admit I was wrong, excpet for the fact that he is not for stricter gun control. At least he never says that.

Doggonit
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]
If Moore had wanted to make a social commentary that was a little bit more accurate and less biased then his fat butt should have tried to examin ALL forms of violent crime when doing his comparisons.

Let's pretend that he did present accurate sources for gun violence in the US when he was doing his comparisions.    Why stop there?    Wouldn't a person also want to go on to compare other forms of violent crime like rape, assault, and various other types of violent crime while commited without the presence of a firearm?

I'm venturing to bet that among civilized countries the US has higher rates of violent crime all across the board.

With that respect I would semi-agree with Moore's statements that we have a society that is somewhat broken where we are creating more violent idiots instead of fewer of them.   Look at some of the things our youth is doing these days without even using a firearm, seems like just about a year ago we had some kids kill their parents by brutally beating them to death with shovel.    There are PLENTY of examples of this type of behavior where somebody snaps and kills another person in a tragically brutal fashion all without using a firearm.

In the end, what I want to know is how we stack up against other countries...

I think we do have a bit of a problem with our culture/society here in the US but I don't think it has a damned thing to do with firearms.   We are growing apart from one another as a nation and becoming more devided.   It's likely just going to continue to get worse unless something can be done to stop it soon.  

And I resent the hell out of Micheal Moore for the way he went about trying to investigate this problem.   It was irresponsible but then we should all expect these sorts of things when people are out there with an agenda trying to investigate things.

Yeah, some social commentary.   All he did was pick up on the latest media play thing that gets ratings(firearms violence) and he ran with it in a way that is totally predictable for self serving assholes.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#28]
My next project, dress up as Ronald McDonald and swallow a flaming porcupine...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:52:15 AM EDT
[#29]
[LOLabove] Bump so the day crew can see what a twit this guy is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#30]
A twit? Why? What for? F you bastard....

Like you have never made a mistake.

Gimme a break.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top