Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:45:07 PM EDT
My post per day average is down to 38.35 from a high of over 41 just a few weeks ago.  

This week in school is kicking my ass. 12-16 hour days.  Say what you will about truckers, crazy or not, they can drive.  This past week has totally changed me.  The stress of having to deal with idiot 4wheelers is amazing.  People don't know how to drive. Not to mention truckers must have to eat 4000 calories a day to gain weight, at least all of us school kids anyway have lost weight since we got here.  While most of us think of the stereotype of the big huge fat trucker, most that come in the operating center are actually pretty skinny.  They are all a little crazy though lol.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
MMMkay.  Will this make you feel better?      
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
you and napolen need to start a talk show
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]

The stress of having to deal with idiot 4wheelers is amazing.

Yes, like us Idiots who go a safe 35 mph in icy/slick conditions still with people sliding all over the road, and yet the 18 wheelers blow by at 70mph.     Or the 18 wheeler moving at 56mph trying to pass the other truck moving at 55mph, and tying up both lanes of the highway for 20 miles.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Who the hell is napolen?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
doesn't meth keep you skinny?  

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yes, like us Idiots who go a safe 35 mph in icy/slick conditions still with people sliding all over the road, and yet the 18 wheelers blow by at 70mph.     Or the 18 wheeler moving at 56mph trying to pass the other truck moving at 55mph, and tying up both lanes of the highway for 20 miles.

Or the guy that looked me in the eye today as he drove out in front of me causing me to lock it up running 35 on city streets, or the idiot here in Dallas 2 days ago that decided to park in the middle of the damn interstate to take a nap and got killed when, big shock, got hit.  Or the people who actually try to jump a curb to get by my right side when I'm making a right turn.  I'm not backing up on city streets because your an idiot, so you get closed in between my power and my tandems.  2 people with 22 inch or bigger spinners have been forced to drive into ditches after I wouldn't blindly back around a turn for them because they dove under me.  My only 3 options were to back up, sorry, not doing it, stop and TRY to angle away from you on my blind side, or just keep going then sue your ignorant ass when I hit you because you got in my labeled blind spot by jumping a curb.  Between that and the 4 people per stoplight that dive under you as your trying to slow down and not rear end the one idiot up front that didn't proceed through the green, and people literally trying to get you to hit them so they can sue you and your company I've decided I will not be compensated enough.  I could make 80k a year driving for Walmart, and it wouldn't be enough.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the guy that looked me in the eye today as he drove out in front of me causing me to lock it up running 35 on city streets, or the idiot here in Dallas 2 days ago that decided to park in the middle of the damn interstate to take a nap and got killed when, big shock, got hit.  Or the people who actually try to jump a curb to get by my right side when I'm making a right turn.  I'm not backing up on city streets because your an idiot, so you get closed in between my power and my tandems.  2 people with 22 inch or bigger spinners have been forced to drive into ditches after I wouldn't blindly back around a turn for them because they dove under me.  My only 3 options were to back up, sorry, not doing it, stop and TRY to angle away from you on my blind side, or just keep going then sue your ignorant ass when I hit you because you got in my labeled blind spot by jumping a curb.  Between that and the 4 people per stoplight that dive under you as your trying to slow down and not rear end the one idiot up front that didn't proceed through the green, and people literally trying to get you to hit them so they can sue you and your company I've decided I will not be compensated enough.  I could make 80k a year driving for Walmart, and it wouldn't be enough.

Or the idiot in the tanker truck that almost turned me into Jeep sandwich today. Apparently he failed to notice the 50 fucking cars backed up in the blowing dust. I was non-plussed to have been nearly killed by a PortaJohn pumper truck....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow.  This looks like it can get good.

-K

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
doesn't meth keep you skinny?  

yeah but that's the good thing about working for a company that pops randoms on you, and fires your ass post haste and will leave your ass on a curb if they catch you cooking logbooks.  Actually the regs I'll be driving under are even more restrictive than the DOTs.  DOT says I can drive 70 hours out of every 8 days with no more than 11 hours a day.  My company wants no more than 70 hours ON DUTY ever 8 days with a driving limit of 11 hours a day, Our off duty time must be 10 hours, not the split 8/2 that DOT allows.  The reason that my company is the biggest out there and continues to grow is because they are not losing their asses on lawsuits because they don't let drivers run over or 2 log books.  Not only do you have to take the normal prehire drug test, an FBI background check is ran on you, and if in the last 5 years you've ever had a postive drug test, you won't be hired.  Meth is a problem all over the country, especially intrucking, but mostly with owner/operators.  There is a computer in my truck that tracks where I'm running, how fast, my mpg, the hours I've spent moving etc etc.  Most of the big companies have them now and because they keep such a close eye on you, you can't make extra money by running extra logbooks and have a blind eye turned to it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the idiot in the tanker truck that almost turned me into Jeep sandwich today. Apparently he failed to notice the 50 fucking cars backed up in the blowing dust. I was non-plussed to have been nearly killed by a PortaJohn pumper truck....

That's class B, different license, different world.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#13]
4K calories?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's class B, different license, different world.

Just pointing out that not EVERY idiot is only sporting 4 wheels....
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I was making a point.  I'm eating roughly 2500-2700 and I've lost about 8 pounds this week.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah the vigors of youth. When else can you sit on your ass all day and lose weight.

Now, young man, we expect good grades out of you, afterall, we aren't spending our valuable time with you on the internet for no reason...

And, damn Dusty, how could you not know who Napolean is, I'm hardly on here anymore and that guy is on almost every damn thread, he's a sad lonely case...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]

The reason that my company .

so say what company it is already.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Schneider National

Quoted:
Ah the vigors of youth. When else can you sit on your ass all day and lose weight.

Now, young man, we expect good grades out of you, afterall, we aren't spending our valuable time with you on the internet for no reason...

And, damn Dusty, how could you not know who Napolean is, I'm hardly on here anymore and that guy is on almost every damn thread, he's a sad lonely case...

I didn't know who, Napolen was, I knew who Napolean was lol.  And as far as grades go I've aced every test and and on sched or ahead of sched on every practical.  It's not all sitting on your ass,  Even the fat guys have left legs that are rock solid lol.  300 shifts a day will eat your ass, clutching 600 times a day will wipe the fat out of that leg, and holding your piss in for 700 miles at a time will uhm, uh, well I'm sure it'll burn calories somehow lol.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yea' whats up with that 55-56 mph deal?  i think they do it just to piss everyone off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Please dont post and drive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea' whats up with that 55-56 mph deal?  i think they do it just to piss everyone off.

You must be talking about swift Lots of trucks with 1.3 or 1.4 million miles on em can't go any faster than that.  Other than that, fuel is a big issue, my training truck gets 7.2 miles a gallon loaded at 50,000 lbs at 63, If I ran it 70, it'd get 4.9 or maybe 5.1.  You burn 100 gallons of diesel a day and see if you don't back off a bit lol.  Schneider has 15,000 trucks,  If each truck averages 500 miles a day (up to about 700) and gets a difference of 2-2.5 mpg

That'll save you about 86 bucks a day per truck.
Or $1,291,875 a day fleet wide.
$471,534,375 a year your saving by running just a few miles an hour slower.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Who are you again?  I recall a prolific poster with a similar name from a while back.  He was a tattooed freak--nice guy though.  Who are you?  

Staff boy went and got a joke book huh? lol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the hell is napolen?

you don't get around much.    go through the general discussion.   i guarantee within   5 threads you will find Napoleon_Tanerite..
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I consumed over 6K calories just reading this thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the hell is napolen?

you don't get around much.    go through the general discussion.   i guarantee within   5 threads you will find Napoleon_Tanerite..

This post whore.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I know who ya'll are talking about.  My damn average is down to 38.1  I feel lazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top