Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:28:01 AM EDT
French Schoolgirl.

Bourne Ultimatum is the best of the 3.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You are the 5th person to tell me that.  I must see this movie!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Jack Bauer will be along shortly to kill you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I still lean towards Bourne Identity as my favorite, but I really liked Bourne Ultimatum.

I was impressed with how well they tied the last scene from the 2nd movie into this one.  I admit to feeling a little conflicted.  I would have liked to see a higher body count and less effort made to spare people left and right, but I also understand how important that difference was to Bourne.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
send us a post card from hell

jack will be facilitating your trip shortly  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#5]
If you like movies where the cameraman looks like he has Parkinson's then yeah, this movie is for you.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Watch out!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
But what does he make Chuck look like?

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you like movies where the cameraman looks like he has Parkinson's then yeah, this movie is for you.

That pulled me right out of the movie a few times.  The cameraman acted like a bobble-head doll at the most illogical moments, such as when two men are seated and talking to eachother.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Bourne has superior international skills, hand to hand skills, covert skills and driving skills.

His ring tone is also much more manlier than Bauers, and doesnt have to fuck with 5647 sub-nets every 10 minutes. Bourne doesnt live in a sub-net but probably has better sub-net skills than Bauer anyways.

How about Bourne VS. Leon the Professional?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i188.photobucket.com/albums/z287/luvBUSHmaster/jack_sized.jpg

Watch out!!!

What the hell is he doing with his left hand in that picture? Is that some kind of unholy combination of cup and saucer and something else? I can't figure it out.

+1

Anyone who holds their pistol like that is NOT a badass. He goes to the trouble of standing in a correct Weaver stance (from what I can tell) and then he holds his left-hand like that? WTH over?

I'm going to have to see this new Bourne movie. I had forgotten about it being out. Loved the first two.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bourne has superior international skills, hand to hand skills, covert skills and driving skills.

His ring tone is also much more manlier than Bauers, and doesnt have to fuck with 5647 sub-nets every 10 minutes. Bourne doesnt live in a sub-net but probably has better sub-net skills than Bauer anyways.

Jack Bauer killed a man by biting his throat..
You will suffer the same fate!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#13]
OK, I got to see the movie for free last night...and I still feel cheated.  I really did expect it to be the best of the three, but for me it wasn't even close.

- STOP SHAKING THE FUCKING CAMERA.  There are retarded eight-year-old epileptic kids with a Handicam and a Pepsi buzz that can hold a camera tighter than these fucks.  I had a freakin' headache when I left the theater.

- LACK OF ACTION.  Compared to the first two movies, it just wasn't there.  Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.  Jeebus, just fucking kill someone.

- GUESS WHAT?  THERE'S A SEQUEL!  At the end of the Simpson's Movie, Maggie looked at the camera and said "SEQUEL"?  That left slightly more to wonder about than they did with Bourne.

- LOCATION.  If I wanna see Europe, I'll fucking drive there and check it out.

I really didn't think the movie was bad (camerawork excluded), it just did come close to meeting my expectations.  I really hoped for the best with this one, and when my wife and I walked out I could only say one thing:

meh...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

when jack decapitates you, keep repeating that to yourself

do you think Bourne will magically reattach your severed head?

Jack needs no intl. skills or driving skills etc, Jack KILLS motherf**kers, that is what he does.

I will send flowers covertly  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leon was hard-core man, he just didn't care.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#16]
JACK BAUER CRIES

That is all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I just wish Jason Bourne would stop cocking his Glock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
If Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer joined forces,  the terrorists would all move to a cave in Pakistan and convert to Aetheism for fear of being killed by those two.

Bourne ultimatum was AWESOME.  I can't wait for the next one.  If they are smart this will be the new bond.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch out!!!

What the hell is he doing with his left hand in that picture? Is that some kind of unholy combination of cup and saucer and something else? I can't figure it out.

Its the "cup your balls" hold
Jack is so badass, he has to hold his pistol like a pussy to just keep the fight fair
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jack needs no intl. skills or driving skills etc, Jack KILLS motherf**kers, that is what he does.

While Jack is fucking around with his PDA uploading gay pron from the sub-net Bourne is out blowing shit up and practicing his hand to hand skills on anyone stupid enough to get close to him.

Bauers international skills are clearly lacking as evidence from his escapdade to Mexico, and eventually is taken as hostage by a woman. His family survival skills are also clearly lacking. His wife was killed, and earlier both were taken hostage. Granted Bournes woman was also killed, but he was facing an opponent with excellent tracking skills. Bauer also has poor work place skills because he is always going off the range or getting arrested by his own people. Only his presidential relations skills are enough to keep him alive.

Leon would kill Bauer, Bourne, and Norris without them knowing he was in the same room. That is all.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While Jack is fucking around with his PDA uploading gay pron from the sub-net Bourne is out blowing shit up and practicing his hand to hand skills on anyone stupid enough to get close to him.

Bauers international skills are clearly lacking as evidence from his escapdade to Mexico, and eventually is taken as hostage by a woman. His family survival skills are also clearly lacking. His wife was killed, and earlier both were taken hostage. Granted Bournes woman was also killed, but he was facing an opponent with excellent tracking skills. Bauer also has poor work place skills because he is always going off the range or getting arrested by his own people. Only his presidential relations skills are enough to keep him alive.

Leon would kill Bauer, Bourne, and Norris without them knowing he was in the same room. That is all.

You will not make it to the end of the day!! Good luck to you sir!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Great movie!  the chick I went to see it with drove me fuckin nuts asking questions, but damn it was a good one.

the camera crap could have been cut down a little though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You are the 5th person to tell me that.  I must see this movie!!!!

Well, count me as the 6th.

I liked Ultimatum quite a bit better than the other two.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leon would kill Bauer, Bourne, and Norris without them knowing he was in the same room.

I will go as far as to say that Leon is skilled

that is all i will commit to in this forum

I fear this thread has already attracted attention that could be unhealthy to certain posters and I will now distance myself from y'all  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Great movie..... for all the America haters around the world.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Wow. The sad thing is I think you may actually be serious.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#27]
The first movie was the best, or should I say second since one was made in the 60 or 70s?  And Jack Bauer is still better.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leon would kill Bauer, Bourne, and Norris without them knowing he was in the same room.

I will go as far as to say that Leon is skilled

that is all i will commit to in this forum

I fear this thread has already attracted attention that could be unhealthy to certain posters and I will now distance myself from y'all  

Dog the Bounty Hunter will be along shortly to take Bauer into custody for me.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Do i need to see the first 2 to before i watch the 3rd  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've never seen any of them . From the trailers it looks like he spends all his time killing US agents & Marines . Is that not the case ?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Jack needs to learn the proper two-handed grip.

Really. WTF's up with his lefthand.
Was this picture taken during a mag change?

ETA I really need to read every post in a thread before replying.
On the bright side I'm not alone in my thinking.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was an article about that on Townhall.com. Can't people just enjoy a movie even if it makes the American government the bad guy in the film?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Do i need to see the first 2 to before i watch the 3rd  

Yes.  Otherwise you're going to be confused by a lot and miss the significance of many details.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

POSSIBLE SPOILER

It puts the blame for the badness on a single man (head of CIA) and the end of the movie he's under a Senate investigation. Hardly anti American. But you know, osprey, "they" will always find something to whine about. They're good at that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep. More anti-American crap from the Hollywood left.

The Bourne buffoonery

By Bill O'Reilly

http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | When "The Simpsons" movie turns out to be more realistic than "The Bourne Ultimatum," you know something is up. Nevertheless, the thriller is a big hit, proving once again that film audiences now want live action cartoons rather than crisp, realistic films like "The Ipcress File" or "The French Connection."

For those of you not familiar with the Bourne series, Matt Damon plays a CIA agent who becomes involved in the "Program" (as in get with the). This sinister plan results in Damon being brainwashed, making him a lean, mean killing machine with no personal memories. Thus, he can murder without conscience, kind of like what Hollywood producers often do to scripts.

Anyway, Damon runs around beating up four guys at a time and eluding authorities all over the world. However, he turns on the CIA, so they must kill him. But they can't since Matt is Clint Eastwood and Sean Connery times 10. Plus, he has Julia Stiles helping him. No way the CIA has a chance.

I knew this movie was trouble when I read the reviews. Almost all the critics liked it. The only way American movie critics would like a violent car chase film like this was if it bashed the USA, which, of course, it does.

The CIA guys are bad, bad, bad. And just to make sure Indonesian and Pakistani audiences get the picture, the CIA chief issues his evil orders with the American flag clearly seen on his desk. No language barrier here, no sir. The U.S. intelligence agencies are fiendish enterprises that want to hurt Matt Damon and actually force Julia Stiles to cut her own hair. How could they?

Actually, both Mr. Damon and Ms. Stiles don't have to do much acting. Damon does work for the far-left MoveOn organization and is on record as requesting the Bush daughters serve in Iraq.

The actor also told the Idaho Statesman that the CIA's use of water boarding is an erosion of our American values.

Guess what? There's a water boarding scene in the flick. What a coincidence!

Stiles is also down with the far left. On a cable program she explained why she missed a MoveOn event by saying: "I was afraid that Bill O'Reilly would come with a shotgun at my front door and shoot me for being unpatriotic."

Look it up if you don't believe me.

In the Bourne movie there are no shotguns to frighten Stiles, but plenty of automatic weapons fired at U.S. intelligence agents, not by al Qaeda, but by American Matt Damon. As the casualty count rose, I kept thinking about all those disability payments we taxpayers would have to pick up.

Now, all of this is harmless nonsense to those of us who understand the hero and villain business, and realize the simplistic bias that permeates Hollywood. But to impressionable audiences, the anti-American theme could resonate.

The director of the movie, Paul Greengrass, told the Times of London that he purposely tapped into the mistrust the world has of the USA. In my opinion, Mr. Greengrass has used his skills as a filmmaker to create a slick propaganda package that will make him millions of dollars. And standing between Mr. Greengrass and real-life terrorists who would slit his throat are, of course, real-life American intelligence people.

In the end, the America-haters will love "The Bourne Ultimatum" and apolitical others may enjoy the action and carnage. The movie is a perfect storm of misguided ideology, silly plotting and absurd conclusions. In other words, it's a blockbuster.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Well... I still plan on seeing the movie since I've seen the others. But upon reading O'Reilly's comments I'm afraid that he's probably right.

It's funny how the hollyweird lefties are doing everything in their power to make me distrust the current administration, and the net result is that I already distrusted the .gov and now I distrust and hate the hollyweird left even more than I did before.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
It's funny how the hollyweird lefties are doing everything in their power to make me distrust the current administration, and the net result is that I already distrusted the .gov and now I distrust and hate the hollyweird left even more than I did before.
]

I think distrust and vigilance go hand in hand and are good qualities in a citizen. The lefties take it too far into outright false accusations, though.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

In one scene he has a Glock.......the camera goes to another view.......immediately comes back and SHAZAM!.......a SIG appears!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In one scene he has a Glock.......the camera goes to another view.......immediately comes back and SHAZAM!.......a SIG appears!!!

SPOILER

He's having flashbacks in that scene... he's in the same room with the same guy, holding a glock, flashing back to holding a sig and killing the guy with the hood on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#41]

I've never seen any of them . From the trailers it looks like he spends all his time killing US agents & Marines . Is that not the case ?

As far as Marines in the first film, nah Bourne does not kill any, though he does whip a couple, but then again in that part of the film he is trying to escape from the embasy, so who else is he supposed to fight?  In the first film I think that his body count is about 5, and yeah they are "US agents," but then again two of them were sent to kill him and the remainder were killed again as he tried to make his escape.  And while the characters may have been US agents, the men were European.

In the second film the body count is two, with again a lot of ass kicking.  One of those being the Russian that killed his girl.  Some folk need to get over this "anti-American" shit.  There is nothing about it that is anti-American and all three films are damn fine quality films.  I love the Bourne series.  Its not the government that is the bad guy, but rouge government employees.

ETA -- the no spine zone thug is a dumbass
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Best one of the series.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#43]
height=8
Bourne ultimatum was AWESOME.  I can't wait for the next one.  If they are smart this will be the new bond.  

I'm pretty sure Matt Damon said 3 was all he was going to do, and I can't watch it if he's not Bourne. Matt Damon is Bourne to me (I have trouble watching him in other films now).

And Bill, it's an fn movie, entertainment. They are doing just as much to sway my views and opinions as you. Media is the opiate of the masses, take it and just enjoy the high. I go to movies to escape all the other bs in the world and live in another one for 120 minutes. Don't try and ruin it for me, or I just might go Chuck Norris/Leon/Jack Bauer/Jason Bourne on your ass he)
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I still lean towards Bourne Identity as my favorite, but I really liked Bourne Ultimatum.

I was impressed with how well they tied the last scene from the 2nd movie into this one.  I admit to feeling a little conflicted.  I would have liked to see a higher body count and less effort made to spare people left and right, but I also understand how important that difference was to Bourne.

I noticed that too.  Trying to lower the body count for some reason?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

As far as Marines in the first film, nah Bourne does not kill any, though he does whip a couple, but then again in that part of the film he is trying to escape from the embasy, so who else is he supposed to fight?  In the first film I think that his body count is about 5, and yeah they are "US agents," but then again two of them were sent to kill him and the remainder were killed again as he tried to make his escape.  And while the characters may have been US agents, the men were European.

In the second film the body count is two, with again a lot of ass kicking.  One of those being the Russian that killed his girl.  Some folk need to get over this "anti-American" shit.  There is nothing about it that is anti-American and all three films are damn fine quality films.  I love the Bourne series.  Its not the government that is the bad guy, but rouge government employees.

+1
The hero of the movie is an American.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Yep. More anti-American crap from the Hollywood left.

The Bourne buffoonery

By Bill O'Reilly

<snip>

Shit, if O'reilly is against it, I may like it even more, that populist douchebag.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Some folk need to get over this "anti-American" shit

Sounds like some folk need to get their heads out of their asses. American Films are one of our biggest exports and you can't tell me that some of the anti-American sentiment in the world isn't the result of crap like this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Dog the Bounty Hunter will be along shortly to take Bauer into custody for me.....

And Vic Mackey will then lay the smack down on Dog...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Some folk need to get over this "anti-American" shit

Sounds like some folk need to get their heads out of their asses. American Films are one of our biggest exports and you can't tell me that some of the anti-American sentiment in the world isn't the result of crap like this.

Souds to me like you need to get that pole out of your ass and relax. If people around the world are not smart enough to understand that fiction is not reality then that is their problem. Let them wallow in their ignorance while I enjoy top notch entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I noticed that too.  Trying to lower the body count for some reason?

It's a part of Bourne's/Web's "redemption".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top