Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 1:57:19 AM EDT
... I was just calling to a friend of mine, who has a gun shop in Rome, about a M96 Carl Gustav.
"No, just sold two weeks ago the last one..."

Joking I told him that with all the guns I bought from him he should call me when something good like a Sweidish Mauser is in his shop... it's good service for good friends (and customers...).

Suddenly I had an inspiration: "Do you have any 45 in the shop?"

"Oh yes. I've a Ithaca, military contract, in good conditions. 500 bucks..."

"WHAT? I'm going to see it!!!"

Crawled in the middle of Rome's traffic and I got a regular and rather unusual fast parking nearby his gun shop.

You know, this 45 has stamped on the frame "U.S. Army Property", probably saw action in Korea and Vietnam, since that was one of the last built in 1945. It is not in a mint condition, but still the original parkerization is in the 80% of the body of the big Govt. Model.

I got a discount because the barrel (the link is ok, no "clink-clank" if you shake it, the trigger is sharp and good, the plastic grip is still original with its browninsh plastic) is in 45 HP... but I tried and it can chamber also 45 ACP! Anyway, 45 ACP barrels are easy and cheap to get, so this beauty is mine for a little more that 450 US$.

I anticipated part of the money, because I have to wait for the spare magazine and for decent ammo's to arrive.

I knew... "US Army Property" mark enchanted me, and now I am addicted... *shit*  [banghead]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW!!! I am OVER my 1000th POST!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow - a large gun collection and now a .45? We just might make an American out of you yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrates.....[:D]

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#4]
that's great. Just like everyone should own a garand, everyone should own a 1911.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Paolo, congrats on a great find. I've got a 43 Remington Rand and love it. I shoot it all the time. Find yourself a U.S.G.I. chrome lined replacement barrel. It should come with the link and pin. Check out [url]www.coolgunsite.com[/url] You can learn a lot about our M1911A1's there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I went through Army Basic in 1965.  During qualification for the .45 I had to use one with "Singer" stamped on it.  

Everyone laughed at me because I was issued one made by Singer Sewing Machine Company.  

I wish I had still had it today. [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top