Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/25/2014 4:27:42 PM EDT
I already have a built one of this model but eh a 2nd couldn't hurt right? It's out for delivery now.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:30:05 PM EDT
I would like to build one like that. What receiver will you be using?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:31:49 PM EDT
How hard is to to build one of these? And is there a reason the barrel is chopped up?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:33:49 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
How hard is to to build one of these? And is there a reason the barrel is chopped up?
View Quote

Thank the ATF for that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:42:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:
View Quote
The Yugo's require an extra step or two but not all that hard.

And yes the barrel ban blows.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:42:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Partisan:
I would like to build one like that. What receiver will you be using?
View Quote
M92 Nodak.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:43:30 PM EDT
I was thinking of ordering the same kit. I bought one of their M72 RPK kits a while back, won the Apex M72 barrel lottery on it too getting really nice one. Still waiting on NDS to make a run of M72 receivers.

I used to build AK's back in the early 2000's (built 6), super cheap then and they came with barrels. I since have sold off all my AK building tools so I'll be sending this M72 out to two river arms. Might grab a M70AB1 too while I can.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:48:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Smash47:
I was thinking of ordering the same kit. I bought one of their M72 RPK kits a while back, won the Apex M72 barrel lottery on it too getting really nice one. Still waiting on NDS to make a run of M72 receivers.

I used to build AK's back in the early 2000's (built 6), super cheap then and they came with barrels. I since have sold off all my AK building tools so I'll be sending this M72 out to two river arms. Might grab a M70AB1 too while I can.
View Quote
They got a bunch of kits right now. Ill post pics when I get mine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:02:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That'd be cool, please do.

So can these milled UF kits be built on a stamped receiver?
I see they list a barreled milled UF kit, but the only stamped receiver offerings with barrels are fixed stocks, which are cool, but I sort of wanted an UF.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:15:48 PM EDT

View Quote

How much does a company usually charge to build them?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:17:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/25/2014 5:19:46 PM EDT by myfakename]

I see they list a barreled milled UF kit, but the only stamped receiver offerings with barrels are fixed stocks, which are cool, but I sort of wanted an UF.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The milled kits can be made to work but it requires the receiver ends to be milled down and modified to slide into a stamped receiver. Would be a fun project but I lack a mill.

I would buy a couple of the stamped kits but my car project is sucking up my fun money
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:50:03 AM EDT
Ok guys here she is. It's a matching kit and while the stock has the most wear the rest of the parts retain most of their bluing. I thought I would include a completed AB1 to see what they look like all done.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:00:38 AM EDT
That's a good looking kit.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:08:15 AM EDT
Nice. No barrel sucks but what are you gonna do?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:09:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
Nice. No barrel sucks but what are you gonna do?
View Quote
Can still buy Yugo Barrels so no biggie
Top Top