Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2008 8:01:57 PM EDT
For all of $120.

It has an ash body with the normal maple neck/rosewood fretboard combo.

But man, does that ash wood sing! it has great bluesy tones & twangs pretty good on the 2 & 4 switch positions. It's nice to have since my other electrics are set up more for Rock/Metal.

I want to put different pickups in it. These are alright, but the guitar just sounds like the stockers are holding it back a little. I'm thinking of installing a Duncan JB Junior in the bridge to get a little better rock tones out of that position, but I really don't know what I want in the middle & neck slots. I want to bring out more of that bluesy twang if I can. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
if you wanna try something that won't blow the budget, give Guitar Fetish a look. I've got some of their vintage strat pickups in one of mine, and really like them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Fender Texas Specials, no question.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#4]
EMGs
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
if you wanna try something that won't blow the budget, give Guitar Fetish a look. I've got some of their vintage strat pickups in one of mine, and really like them.

I wonder how their stacks sound? I like the idea of not having so much of that 60 cycle hum, especially when I crank the gain.

Quoted:
Fender Texas Specials, no question.

Those have definetly been on my list. Good tones.

Quoted:
How about some Duncan rails?  Like a Vintage Rails or Cool Rails?

Duncan has so many choices that it makes me dizzy.

This setup sounds promising:

From the Seymour Duncan Website:
complete setup
Available for both bridge and neck/middle positions. For an incredibly versatile guitar, use an SVR-1n in the middle position along with an SHR-1b Hot Rails in the bridge and an SCR-1n Cool Rails in the neck.

It has me thinkin'.

Quoted:
EMGs

I know that Vince Gill uesd them for a few years.

Edit for brain fart.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]
David gilmore also uses the EMG single coils.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
David Gilmore ( Pink Floyd) also uses the EMG single coils.they make some that sound just like the classic strat pickups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top