Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 11:06:18 PM EDT
I've really been into lever action rifles since I traded for a Winchester 94 in 3030 a month or two ago. I was going to have it rebored to 38/55 but I stumbled onto a S&W mdl 27 in 357mag and spent the funds on it. I sold an AR and then found a pre64 Winchester 94 already converted for 38/55. Alas, before I could get it, I found a Rossi 92 in 357mag on line.(A perfect companion gun for the S&W.)  I noticed that the shop that had it was only a couple hours away so I gave the owner a call and offered to buy it. We negotiated a price and he said how do you want to pay? I said cash. I'll be there in 2 hours.(I figure I used about $20 in gas & had a nice drive, met a nice guy and saved shipping & FFL fees.)
The rifle was in really good shape & had not been fired much if any. It also had a Marbles Tang sight mounted on it.(the sight was pretty useless as it was blocked by the rear buckhorn sight. I'll use it on my 38/55 if I ever get it.) Someone has smoothed the action and did a trigger job on it because it is smooth as butter.
I took it out the other day and put a few rounds down range. It is sweet! I was shooting offhand at a can at about 40 yards bouncing it around. I was just shooting 158gr round nose lead 38 spl. Fired about 30 rounds until it started raining.
Now to find a way to get the 38/55.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
357 lever guns are effing sweet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top