BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/31/2005 9:31:58 PM EDT
The 2005 Cadillac CTS-V kicks ass!

Cadillac CTS-V homepage.

Gentlemen, this car is a monster.  400 horspower all aluminum LS6 engine, the same powerplant in the Corvette Z06.  0-60 in 4.6 seconds, and seats 5 comfortably.  I haven't been past about 110 yet, but that was barely over 4000 in 3rd gear...  Dear God I need a clear mile of freeway!

I can't believe the wife let me buy this car! (Well, it's kindof a family car, right?  It seats five!)

I'll try and get some actual shots of my car tomorrow, but essentially it's exactly like the one in the picture.  I get all happy just knowing I get to drive to work in the morning!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Some will say "red X" those with browser knowledge will ask you to resize it please.

Nice car though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Some will say "red X" those with browser knowledge will ask you to resize it please.

Nice car though.

Wha?  Too big?  Ok, for those of you who are 'monitor challenged' I'll find a different pic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweeeeeeet.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice ride Gunbert.

I had a 98 Vette and an 02 Z06.  That old pushrod V8 definately still has life left in it.  I have a few pals on LVMPD in case you have uh....'traffic' issues.

Sheep
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice car though.

Wha?  Too big?  Ok, for those of you who are 'monitor challenged' I'll find a different pic.

Heh.  Much better.

1024x768 is the accepted "standard" right now.  Should be 1280x960 before too long though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My in-laws just got one, I love it....I've got a 95 twin turbo Z and I'm not to sure about going up against this Caddy. My wifes Dad is all like.......ya wanna run?  I'm just happy to see the kick in the old man's  step again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#8]
damn nice car!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Break in according to manual.   I'd change oil at 500 mi or less, though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome. Nice choice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, I would be excited too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're not on a wireless laptop posting this from inside the vehicle, shame on you.  

Get back out to the garage and apologize to her for letting her be alone for so long.  Get a nice toothbrush, wrap a new tshirt around the end, and clean out the air vents.  They like that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If you're not on a wireless laptop posting this from inside the vehicle, shame on you.  

Get back out to the garage and apologize to her for letting her be alone for so long.  Get a nice toothbrush, wrap a new tshirt around the end, and clean out the air vents.  They like that.

No shit.  I've gone down four times in the last hour just to look at her.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be sure to tell my mom you like it. She builds them.  She used to build the Vettes as well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'll be sure to tell my mom you like it. She builds them.  She used to build the Vettes as well.

Give her a kiss from me.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]
apparently you dont need to be justified.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Cadillacs they still make those?

Just kidding, nice car.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#18]
the steering wheel is on the wrong side, send it back.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

LOL...what are you talking about, we invented the automobile...therefore i think we'd have the say on where the steering wheel goes...therefore you and your "cousins" across the big pond are the ones that are wrong J/K  Matter of fact, you Aussies have some kick ass cars, i'd KILL for a Holden Maloo!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#20]
the maloo ute is not to bad. i would rather a ford XR 6 turbo ute. Oh and thats right just because america made it first makes it the way to go huh??? bloody yanks got to supersize everything too. lol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

'Ere ya go.  The Aussie version.

Edited to remove the pic that the photo server decided it doesn't want to show.

Holy cow this sites photo server sux monkey balls.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Try www.zoto.com for hosting - they rock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Man that's funny... I just signed up with them a week or so ago, but I couldn't figure out how to link to the pix. It always failed when I linked.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#25]
'You call "that" a Cadillac???

This "is" a Cadillac...

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
My in-laws just got one, I love it....I've got a 95 twin turbo Z and I'm not to sure about going up against this Caddy. My wifes Dad is all like.......ya wanna run?  I'm just happy to see the kick in the old man's  step again.

Don't.  You will lose.  I had a 93 TT until yesterday that was dyno'ed at 349 at the rear wheels.
That car still beat me.  The stock TT Z puts out I think 270 so you would get killed.

Proud owner of a 05 Xtrea :)
wolf
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:39:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man that's funny... I just signed up with them a week or so ago, but I couldn't figure out how to link to the pix. It always failed when I linked.

When you go to your "album", click on the sizes tab (can't remember exactly what it's called)

Click on the original size option, and it'll open your picture in a new window.  

Right click on the picture, select properties, and highlight the web address.

Copy/paste, and you're good to go.  Unlimited picture sizes, and unlimited bandwidth.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#28]
WOW!!!!   Nice car.  Congrats  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:58:16 AM EDT
[#29]
badass ride now you need set of duceie duces 22" on that bad boy
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Here's one of the V forums I visit:

www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Get the Stealth Skip-shift eliminator soon!  Enjoy!

G

G's V:

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:02:45 AM EDT
[#32]
My father bought one for my mom. Drives real nice, I like it.

The cheap plastic grill would look better if it were chromed metal. The interior needs something other than cheap plastic on the inside to make it really hit.

For as much as we pay for cars, seems like the material is getting cheaper and cheaper looking.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:06:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The cheap plastic grill would look better if it were chromed metal. The interior needs something other than cheap plastic on the inside to make it really hit.

For as much as we pay for cars, seems like the material is getting cheaper and cheaper looking.

That's the CTS.  This is the CTS-V, a much improved performance version.

G
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Sweeeet car!! Nice sunglasses too!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:08:34 AM EDT
[#35]
If I ever go back to a car, that's the car I want.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the CTS.  This is the CTS-V, a much improved performance version.

G

Sorry, I thought I was talking about the same plastic that is used in both models...Nothing about performance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Do those come with the heads-up night vision display? I know Caddy was playing with it a few years ago...is it standard equipment now or what?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Do those come with the heads-up night vision display? I know Caddy was playing with it a few years ago...is it standard equipment now or what?

No, I believe that is to be rolled out on the XLR-V next year.  Perhaps the STS-V, but not the CTS-V.

The grille is chromed metal, that is not a plastic grille.  I clean it, so I know.  The interior is mostly leather, so I'm not sure what the "cheap" plastic comments are about.

CTS Grille:

CTS-V Grille:

G
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Nice ride, my boss has one in Texas.  It gets so hot there that the ashtray door will open because the plastic seperates enough to let the catch slip out of its notch.

Drives, handles, sounds, etc great though
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't.  You will lose.  I had a 93 TT until yesterday that was dyno'ed at 349 at the rear wheels.
That car still beat me.  The stock TT Z puts out I think 270 so you would get killed.

wolf

Don't be so sure..That Caddy weighs a lot more than a Z...If you are doing 349 at the wheel you are doing around 400 at the crank right? (modded 90TT over here BTW)

Sweet Caddy Gunbert...lets see some pics!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#41]
It's cool to see Cadlillacs coming out with fast powerful cars, but I couldn't see myself getting a caddy, a vette is in my future.  Nice car though!   Does it come with fine Corinthian Leather ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wolf

Don't be so sure..That Caddy weighs a lot more than a Z...If you are doing 349 at the wheel you are doing around 400 at the crank right? (modded 90TT over here BTW)

Sweet Caddy Gunbert...lets see some pics!!!!

I'm guessing thats right at the crank "400ish", but the tech's I talked to said the Z has a very good tranferr to the wheels. = less loss even with the split shaft  I didn't get smoked but it was evedent that the cadie "sp" had more power.
As far as weight the TT Z's weight in at I think 3500lbs dry.  Not sure what the Caddie is.
I was pretty shocked but then again my Z was what 12 years old......
IM me if you need dealer parts btw I know where you can get them cheaper.  Plugs and such.

wolf
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Nice car!  Wasn't that the one in Matrix Reloaded?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Very nice ride. Wish I could have one.

Funny, I pictured you looking different than you do.

Now all you need are some curb feelers to avoid those ugly, tell-tale scuffs on the tires.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#45]
What did it cost you? What are your payments?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#46]
please move this to the car forum so I don't have to keep looking at it. You're giving me a f$#%ing inferiority complex over here!

nice wheels, ya bastage
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Cool car! We should race sometime, your car against my 2004 Mazerati Spyder. They both have 400hp, and similar 0-60 times, so it would be close. I got my Spyder up to 155 on the freeway at night without any trouble, but that was as fast as I wanted to take it, but it could have gone more.

I love it when a speedometer goes up to 200 hehehe.

It has a 4.2L naturally aspirated engine. 90deg. V8. 390hp at 7000rpm, and 333lbs of torque at 4500rpm. 32 valve engine(4 valves per cylinder). REAR mounted 6-speed transmission.(the tranny is mounted directly to the rear axil, while the engine is in front.) Top speed 176mph. 3,594 lbs dry weight. 11.1:1 compression. 1/4 mile time: 13.4sec. What is really cool is that it has a Bosch ignition system, that has an independant coil for each cylinder. I think you would whoop me in an 1/8th, and the 1/4 mile would be a toss up because of the way the gearing is set up in my car, but a half mile race - 1 mile and it would give an advantage to my car, especially if there are some turns to take.

It is interesting that the 5.7L engine has almost the same horsepower output as my much smaller 4.2L engine. You do have a good 60lbs of torque on me, which would help you out of the hole.

Why did GM only put 2 valves per cylinder on those engines? Most engines are moving to 4 now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you go to your "album", click on the sizes tab (can't remember exactly what it's called)

Click on the original size option, and it'll open your picture in a new window.  

Right click on the picture, select properties, and highlight the web address.

Copy/paste, and you're good to go.  Unlimited picture sizes, and unlimited bandwidth.

Thank you sir!  I'm going to have to try it again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Why did GM only put 2 valves per cylinder on those engines? Most engines are moving to 4 now.

Nope, it's 4 valves per cylinder.  And I would love to race!   Met a willing guy in a Carrera the other day but we couldn't get a clear path through traffic.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#50]
How many "legitimate businessmen who have recently entered the Witness Protection Program" can you fit in the trunk?

<4 = Not a real Cadillac!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top