Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2001 9:11:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell it first of the year...and get a Jeep Grand Cherokee, best freakin' vehicle I've ever owned. Period.

Good luck though...it is a FORD[puke]...I feel for you brah.

Check your "tires"...may have lawsuit brewin'.

Merry Christmas,[]
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue[/b]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
my local dealership callsem the ford exploder, they have neat names for all of them, wonder why they think their own vehicles seem to be so unreliable, repairostar, bustang, mercury mistake, the disabled(sable)
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how they handle on all 4 wheels...

I've seen more pictures of them upside down...
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know how they handle on all 4 wheels...

I've seen more pictures of them upside down...
View Quote

So a roof rack is worth extra?????
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
my local dealership callsem the ford exploder, they have neat names for all of them, wonder why they think their own vehicles seem to be so unreliable, repairostar, bustang, mercury mistake, the disabled(sable)
View Quote

Don't forget the new Ford F#ckus
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
16 mpg is about all you can expect out of the explorer with the 4.0.  whoops should have bought a V-8 eh.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Geez, give him a break guys. He's already put his money down.

Unfortunately that's about the best mileage you can expect. Most any of the midsize (small?) SUVs only get in the 16-22 range depending on usage. I personally think the Explorer doesn't [i]handle[/i] that well, but it does ride smooth if that is a big deal for you. That's why I have a Grand Cherokee. Rides well, handles great and can turn on a dime. First get some good tires. Then get a LS diff installed. If you get a lot of snow you will really notice a difference.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't forget the new Ford F#ckus
View Quote
or the Ford Tortoise.
Chevy Impaler
Chevy Convent
Oldsmobubble
Ponticrap
The older Chevy Shoveit (Chevette)
Turdyota
Pissan

Actually, my experience with Exploders had been good.  Most of the rollovers you have seen have been because of
A: Idiot drivers who lower their tire pressure to get a smoother ride because it "rides like a truck, waahhh".  Underinflated tire heats up and goes boom.  DUH.
B: Idiot drivers who don't know how to react when aforementioned underinflated tire goes boom.  Again, DUH.

On top of that, the vast majority of the deaths in these rollovers are because aforementioned idiot drivers don't belt themselves or their families in.  One again, DUH.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:27:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Fords suck.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd be happy with 16 mpg...
My big ole '94 4x4 Suburban is good for about 9-10 mpg with the 454...

But then again, I didn't buy it for it's mileage...
I bought it 'cause it's built like a bulldozer...

My wife wanted a minivan...
Ha...Ha...Ha...
I told her if she wanted to drive at all, she would have to drive what I bought...
I just got rid of my Ext cab Dually, and the Suburban was the best compromise...
I will NEVER own a goddamn minivan...
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
B: Idiot drivers who don't know how to react when aforementioned underinflated tire goes boom. Again, DUH.
View Quote

The first couple of times I mentioned this, I got yelled at thoroughly and was told I was not respecting the memories of the dead people.
I respect the truth.
View Quote
You got yelled because we don't hold people (idiot drivers) responsible for their own stupidity.  We blame something else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top