Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2017 12:27:21 AM EDT
I bought one of these for my brother in law and noted it was much better than my Colt 6920. I planned on buying one today so I ordered an Aimpoint M4S and the Giessele SSA-E trigger for it. That turned out to be prescient since the DD trigger is frankly pretty bad...worse than the Colt and much worse than the S&W MP15 Sport 2 toy AR I have. Hmm... His is very nice so I suppose you can't have everything. Can't wait to install the new trigger and shoot it. How do you in GD view the stock DDM4V7 trigger? Brother in laws is GTG but mine is poor. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a mil spec style semi auto trigger.
Some are better than others.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't they come with milspec triggers? It's pretty much luck of the draw with those
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Put 500 rounds through it before you judge it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Their trigger blows,  I don't get the whole DD craze on here. They are very overpriced for what u get. I have the V11 PRO with the 3 gun trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a mil spec style semi auto trigger.
Some are better than others.
View Quote
Mine is very poor. Not that it matters with the new trigger inbound but I was surprised. Everything else is so perfect on the gun it is scary...it is a very nice AR.

With the worst service trigger I have ever tried...crunchy, creepy and very heavy. You cannot believe how happy I am I already ordered the SSA-E for it.

I think I will order one for the BIL tomorrow so he won't be too jealous.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Geissele.

ETA: Read the whole OP and saw you ordered an SSA-E. You will not he disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mine is very poor. Not that it matters with the new trigger inbound but I was surprised. Everything else is so perfect on the gun it is scary...it is a very nice AR.

With the worst service trigger I have ever tried...crunchy, creepy and very heavy. You cannot believe how happy I am I already ordered the SSA-E for it.

I think I will order one for the BIL tomorrow so he won't be too jealous.
View Quote
Good move.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. Not one round. I am sure it will improve with use...but it is actually horrendous. I will install the SSA-E before I ever fire it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Their trigger blows,  I don't get the whole DD craze on here. They are very overpriced for what u get. I have the V11 PRO with the 3 gun trigger.
View Quote
What craze would that be?
They make solid rifles.
You act like you paid for a Knights and got an Anderson.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
As mentioned they use milspec triggers

It's totally luck of the draw with them

It's like buying a rifle with an A2 grip ... Most people swap it so who cares
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Geissele.

ETA: Read the whole OP and saw you ordered an SSA-E. You will not he disappointed.
View Quote
I am a trigger snob but that is because my dad ruined me as a kid with all his 3lb NRA bullseye triggers. I figured with my first fully floated AR I needed more.

I cleaned and lubed the rifle tonight and was horrified by how shit the trigger was. That is why I posted. BIL's is so much better than mine.

To be fair I normally try the triggers and get the best one at the store but this was the only M4V7 they had. I actually don't care that much with the new one underway but I would like to hear others take on it too. Even on Daniel's website some reviews mention the trigger as being not so hot. I don't want the 3 gun trigger so SSA-E all the way for me.

Otherwise the impressions of the rifle out of the box are stellar...epic fit and finish...very, very nice. I do not want to be seen as shitting on DD here. I am Pleased...but the stock trigger.......really bad on mine. Since I knew I wanted something better and ordered it before I got the gun it does not hurt me in any way. I am mostly interested in hearing if anyone else has had the same issue.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Benjamin nitro piston air rifle has the worst trigger ever. I shoot that thing a lot. So when I shoot my Colt it feels like a good trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:09:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Benjamin nitro piston air rifle has the worst trigger ever. I shoot that thing a lot. So when I shoot my Colt it feels like a good trigger.
View Quote
I have sent many thousands of rounds downrange with my crosman 177 pump pistol. It is very accurate with a horrible trigger.

Almost everything feels like match after that. It is why I practice groups with the heaviest trigger pistol I own...it really helps with the fundamentals.

My Colt 6920 Is very nice. I will leave it stock. The DD is horrible and makes the crosman look good. It is that bad out of the box.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the last gen DDM4V7, with the tubular handguard.  It is a very nice AR, but the trigger on mine was disappointing as well.  I'd like to put a Geissele or such in it sometime.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have the last gen DDM4V7, with the tubular handguard.  It is a very nice AR, but the trigger on mine was disappointing as well.  I'd like to put a Geissele or such in it sometime.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply. I think mine is perfect...aside from the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Yea blow out about $300 worth of ammo through it so the stock $39 trigger can still feel like a slightly less crunchy $39 trigger. Reminds me of the gun manufacturers that tell me to fire 200 rounds of 45 cal ammo through their brand new pistol so I can send the pistol back to the factory doing the same failure-to-feed bullshit that I had reported to them in the first place.......... before burning an additional $100 worth of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
You won't even think of the stock trigger once the SSA-E is in
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yea blow out about $300 worth of ammo through it so the stock $39 trigger can still feel like a slightly less crunchy $39 trigger. Reminds me of the gun manufacturers that tell me to fire 200 rounds of 45 cal ammo through their brand new pistol so I can send the pistol back to the factory doing the same failure-to-feed bullshit that I had reported to them in the first place.......... before burning an additional $100 worth of ammo.
View Quote
So...I see you have owned some 1911's....

I spent lots of time with dad at the range as a boy. I attended many, many matches. The 1911 failures I witnessed were numerous as well as diverse.A veritable smorgasbord of fail. That is why the only 1911 I own is dad's old wadgun. My Sigs and Beretta have been flawless so far.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You won't even think of the stock trigger once the SSA-E is in
View Quote
That's the plan man! I am stoked to drive it...can't wait for the new trigger to get here!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:39:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
When has DD suggested to do this?
Fire half a case of ammo to smooth out the trigger.

A lack luster mil spec trigger isn't the same as a malfunctioning firearm.

You guys really need to get a fucking grip.
If you don't like a mil spec trigger, that's fine.
But don't let it take you to full retard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:45:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I have SSA-E in my DD factory M4V5 and Noveske 300 BLK SBR's.  Both are excellent but $$$ hurts.

So I discovered ALG Defense ACT at the NRA meeting few years back.  For me, that's the tits.  I bought 7 totally and am very happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he is talking 1911's...

I am happy with my rifle. But I expect a better trigger. Mine sucks even for a service trigger...I just wanted to hear if anyone had the same issue. I am certain the new trigger will make the rifle perfect for my application. And I say with complete honesty my 6920 is MUCH better. But I tried 3 before I selected mine. All were better than this DD.

I am a trigger snob but that being said this one sucks hard. No full retard here.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:54:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have SSA-E in my DD factory M4V5 and Noveske 300 BLK SBR's.  Both are excellent but $$ hurts.

So I discovered ALG Defense ACT at the NRA meeting few years back.  For me, that's the tits.  I bought 7 totally and am very happy with them.
View Quote
The $$$ are a penalty but compared to having a good smith go over it I think it is a bargain. I know from dad's days that making really fine guns was expensive and time consuming.

I have heard good things about about the ALG too...I am happy to hear you enjoy them and they work for you!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#24]
i see we are still worried about "fit and finish" on combat rifles and  worrying over how milspec triggers don't feel like match triggers  right out of the box before we even fire a round through it.

good to see something never change....

the money spent on a match trigger would probably be better put to use on ammo and practice before  people even try to shoot the thing

I do agree with dude above,  DD is over rated and over priced  but they buy a lot of  expensive ad space
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i see we are still worried about "fit and finish" on combat rifles and  worrying over how milspec triggers don't feel like match triggers  right out of the box before we even fire a round through it.

the money spent on a match trigger would probably be better put to use on ammo and practice before  people even try to shoot the thing

I do agree with dude above,  DD is over rated and over priced  but they buy a lot of  expensive ad space
View Quote
That's talk for TOS.

People don't shoot their guns here.
They just lose them off of boats.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:03:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a DD M4v5. Yes the trigger was not stellar, but it is serviceable. It is a milspec so it is going to be hit or miss.
DD doesn't come out and directly say it, but their triggers are meant to be replaced.
I guess they see it as a waste of time to have a good trigger since many people will swap them out anyway.
I swapped it for a LaRue MBT for $99.
Much better feel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:06:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. I certainly don't expect a match trigger out of the box. I do expect one that is GTG. This one sucks so hard it is not GTG. My 6920 is GTG out of the box. This DD is not.

I measured it with my Lyman digital gauge. 7lbs 14oz.

That sucks.

HARD!!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:06:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a DD M4v5. Yes the trigger was not stellar, but it is serviceable. It is a milspec so it is going to be hit or miss.
DD doesn't come out and directly say it, but their triggers are meant to be replaced.
I guess they see it as a waste of time to have a good trigger since many people will swap them out anyway.
I swapped it for a LaRue MBT for $99.
Much better feel.
View Quote
Meh.
I still got the stock trigger in my BCM.
It's got quite a few rounds through it, but it still has 2 distinct bumps in the pull.  
I can stage it pretty well off of those bumps.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:07:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No. I certainly don't expect a match trigger out of the box. I do expect one that is GTG. This one sucks so hard it is not GTG. My 6920 is GTG out of the box. This DD is not.

That sucks.

HARD!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.

HARD!!!!
Send it my way if you don't want it.
I got a lower it could find a home in.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.

HARD!!!!
No way man...the solution is already on the way. Then it will be perfect. I really like this rifle and I think it is wonderful.

I was just disgusted by the horror trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No way man...the solution is already on the way. Then it will be perfect. I really like this rifle and I think it is wonderful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.

HARD!!!!

I was talking about the horrible trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks.

HARD!!!!

Hmm...I was going to contact Daniels about it and try to get new parts. I would give them to the BIL for spares.

I already have plenty.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:19:17 AM EDT
[#33]
A standard trigger is a standard trigger. They're hit and miss on creep and break, minus ALG offerings which are "cleaned up" standard triggers.

Use your Geissele and you'll have a damn nice rifle with a damn nice, non standard trigger.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A standard trigger is a standard trigger. They're hit and miss on creep and break, minus ALG offerings which are "cleaned up" standard triggers.

Use your Geissele and you'll have a damn nice rifle with a damn nice, non standard trigger.
View Quote
I agree. I can't wait for the new trigger to get here!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Standard mil spec.  The trigger on my v7 is not too bad.  I plan on putting in a MBT when funds allow.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#36]
milspec triggers blow, minimum is SSA (or G2S) if I'm keeping it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#37]
So the SSA-E trigger came today. I ordered it direct from Giessele which was more money than the psa/brownells sales which magically appeared after I placed my order. I also bought a trigger fitting pin which came in handy. What a difference...now the rifle is complete. They sent a big pile of swag..hat, bumper stickers, really nice patches. I am glad I ordered direct!!!

My brother in law has a DDM4V7 and I took advantage of the psa sale to get him a SSA-E for his rifle.

Giessele triggers are excellent...I am very, very happy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lolwut, you have to buy 150$ worth of ammo to make it a good trigger? That larue trigger is only 99$
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Gisselle triggers are the bomb.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Guess I missed the part where you notified DD and how they responded??
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#41]
You out smarted yourself buying for your brother in law. O well
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Guess I missed the part where you notified DD and how they responded??
View Quote
I never bitched at them. The gun is flawless with the exception of the trigger...it was also moot since I ordered the new trigger the day before I got the gun.

As I stated up thread...I am not shitting on Daniels here. The gun is superb except for the trigger which is in spec for a service unit. Horrible, but in spec. I was merely noting my dismay that out of my 3 AR's it had the worst trigger by far. As others have noted, service triggers range from nice to hideous. At this point with the SSA-E fitted I am very, very happy.

DD makes an excellent rifle. This is the second one of them I have purchased. If I want another really nice AR I would not hesitate to buy again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Replace it with the SSA-E and keep the DD trigger for spare parts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#44]
$1600 AR....and still needs a trigger......

Try this next time:

DPMS = $460
CMMG Trigger = $160
Primary Arms Red dot =$200
5K of Wolf Ammoes = $800

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You out smarted yourself buying for your brother in law. O well
View Quote
That's ok. He supports my sister by working his ass off...and never gets himself anything nice. I got him his DDM4V7 and an Aimpoint M4s for it. He will really like the new trigger.
 And he will shoot the hell out of it. I still tease him because I have a Colt and he doesn't. I tell him the DD is adequate but is still inferior to my 6920.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
$1600 AR....and still needs a trigger......

Try this next time:

DPMS = $460
CMMG Trigger = $160
Primary Arms Red dot =$200
5K of Wolf Ammoes = $800

View Quote

Nyet comrade! I will be using the US made ammo and guns! Besides, S&W MP15 has an excellent trigger out of the box. It has a retarded Eotech on it though. But it is fun.

The 6920 Colt has an M4S and the DD has an M4S. I don't care too much about the price if the reliability is very high. I feel fine with what I have.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I got a new M4V7LW an the 1st thing I did was put a Geissele in it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Given the number of aftermarket triggers sold on Arf....not such an unusual thing to be dissatisfied with a factory trigger.
ALG,Geissele,LaRue,lots of choices.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's ok. He supports my sister by working his ass off...and never gets himself anything nice. I got him his DDM4V7 and an Aimpoint M4s for it. He will really like the new trigger.
 And he will shoot the hell out of it. I still tease him because I have a Colt and he doesn't. I tell him the DD is adequate but is still inferior to my 6920.

LOL
View Quote
Good on you, it's hard not to appreciate a good partner in a siblings life. My bro in law is a great husband, father, and friend.

That said, why don't DD rifles come with better triggers?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Life is too short for shitty triggers. Good move on the SSA E. I think it's the best all around trigger you can buy
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top