Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 5:44:07 PM EDT
Gonna be off sick for a couple days. I'm on disc two already.
Good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked it up yesterday after noon. Stayed up all night watching it. What a great set!
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched the whole thing when it was on HBO. Its a great mini series. Gives you an idea of the pain and hardship the soldiers went through. I highly recommend it [^]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Watched 1 & 2 on Friday....3-6 on saturday...Kick ass series. It gives you that up close feel that is personal.  Wish they made it longer...I am addicted
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I have it...since last year. It is too much.
I must have watched it 4 or 5 times now. My wife thinks I am crazy.
Now you guys have gone and made me start it up again. If I start now I will finish the series before I leave for work tomorrow.
It's gotta be done all in one sitting to be effective. Sit in cold wet snow with bad boots and freezing fingers to appreciate the Bastogne segments.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Would it be safe to say that this is THE best war "movie" ever made.  Totally realistic in the look and feel of WWII combat, and just what a GI went through in general...as well as that can be portrayed on film that is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw it last year when it was on HBO and I couldn't wait every week till the next episode came on.  

I rented the first two disks last night and had my dad and a friend over to watch.  I was planning on just watching the first disk, but they wanted to keep going.  We did a marathon 4 hours until we ran out of episodes.  

Somehow I wish they had to wait and anticipate each episode like I did.  I sort of liked getting to mull it over all week and think about what was going to happen next.

I also liked all the coverage that other stations were doing on those wars during that time period.  It gave a new dimension to the history of the whole thing for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top