Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2016 2:52:53 PM EDT
So I ordered some ETS Glock mags from them and they were supposed to ship in 3-5 days. 5 days later, nothing, so I emailed them and they said "we don't actually have them in hand, we just list them in stock when we place an order with the company." Luckily I was able to cancel my order.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You've been Botached.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You've been Botached.
View Quote

He Botached himself. Why does anyone order from them?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So I ordered some ETS Glock mags from them and they were supposed to ship in 3-5 days. 5 days later, nothing, so I emailed them and they said "we don't actually have them in hand, we just list them in stock when we place an order with the company." Luckily I was able to cancel my order.
View Quote
"I had to get it on man..."

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been Botached.

I ordered something from them last year and it came in 2 days, so I thought maybe they had gotten better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I ordered something from them last year and it came in 2 days, so I thought maybe they had gotten better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been Botached.

I still don't get it. When I read enough horror stories about a company, it doesn't matter how many other people have had a good experience. It's not worth the gamble, and I don't want to support people who have dog shit business practices like that even if it did work out okay for me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You've been Botached.

Low prices of course... that is why people order from them.

I've ordered from them on occasion, though I'd never order anything I needed right away as they often don't have the item in stock and you are just as likely to end up with a refund as you are the item.

On the other hand, I've always gotten my item or had the order cancelled and not been charged so I've never lost money with them.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still don't get it. When I read enough horror stories about a company, it doesn't matter how many other people have had a good experience. It's not worth the gamble, and I don't want to support people who have dog shit business practices like that even if it did work out okay for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been Botached.

Ok
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Same thing happened to me when I tried to outsmart conventional wisdom by ordering brown Lancer mags from Botach. They held my money for over a month before finally admitting they didn't have them and weren't getting anymore. Fuck Botach.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
This is why my hard and fast rule is no orders over $100 from Botach . I limit my risk and never look at anything expensive even if it is a deal
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You've been Botached.
View Quote

Yep.  Standard business practice to get a loan from the customer.  

I'm having trouble with Universal Coin & Bullion (the guys who advertise on the American Rifleman magazine) and it's been over two months since I placed my order.  I finally get a notice that there is a package in the USPS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Their shipping was always weird to me on the few orders i made. Tracking# would always show picked up, then nothing. Then after 5-7 days it would be in my mailbox. Nothing in between.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Same thing happened to me with some surefeed magazines.

For the price, it was worth waiting, YMMV.

If you don't expect fast fulfillment from Botach, you're less likely to be disappointed.  Sometimes the prices make up for it - your choice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You've been Botached.
View Quote

Oh snap, you got da botach

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been Botached.

Ive found that the only way to order from them is to call and verify something is in hand...not just "In Stock" first....i just don't bother anymore
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been Botached.

They will never get better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#17]
It's like playing in the freeway and complaining about getting hit by a car.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Same thing happened to me when I tried to outsmart conventional wisdom by ordering brown Lancer mags from Botach. They held my money for over a month before finally admitting they didn't have them and weren't getting anymore. Fuck Botach.
View Quote

Interesting - credit card payment?

I ordered some ETS mags too and haven't yet had my card charged for them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd put Optics Planet in the same boat. Just not going to place any orders from them anymore, they can't fix their inventory system? Jeez, seems like a simple concept, I don't care how small or big your company is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had good luck with Botach. Ordered many things from them
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
They got me too. I emailed customer service and got no response. Then I called customer service and kept getting a message. Finally I called sales, which they answered immediately. "Those are actually out of stock but we're expecting them in 1-2 weeks."
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#22]
BOTACH'D

Gotta call em first to see if its actually in stock.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quality
Fast
Cheap

Pick two.

Botach is for when you want good stuff cheap and don't care if you get it this month.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#24]
 I forgot about those until I saw this thread.  

Just checked my email and they shipped today.  

I can wait a few weeks for $12.50 clear glock stick mags.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was before I got back into the credit card game last year. It was a Visa debit card ran as a credit card (no PIN obviously). So whatever you call that, yes, they took the money from my account pretty much right when I ordered the mags. To their credit, they did call and offer to give me a free mag if I chose a different color, but by then I had decided they weren't worthy of my patronage.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Why not order them straight from ETS?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I've ordered stuff that they actually give a quantity "in stock", haven't had an issue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He Botached himself. Why does anyone order from them without first confirming the product is in stock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You've been Botached.

He Botached himself. Why does anyone order from them without first confirming the product is in stock?

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got my shipping notice. Sweet!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This was before I got back into the credit card game last year. It was a Visa debit card ran as a credit card (no PIN obviously). So whatever you call that, yes, they took the money from my account pretty much right when I ordered the mags. To their credit, they did call and offer to give me a free mag if I chose a different color, but by then I had decided they weren't worthy of my patronage.
View Quote

Ok, so debit cards are bad in general because of this - there's really no such thing as a "hold".  You'll have the same problem if you try and use a debit card at a hotel or for a rental car or wherever else they pre-authorize funds.  In the merchant's defense, I don't know if they can even tell you're using a debit card when you run it as credit - they do a "hold" immediately to make sure your card will support the charge, then run the actual charge later on.  Honestly I don't think that was an issue with this particular merchant and it sounds like you've got a proper credit card now to avoid the problem.  For further security I really suggest the Virtual Account Numbers / Secure Online Account Numbers which are offered by a handful of card companies (CitiBank, Bank of America both have flexible choices).  Every online merchant I deal with has their own unique CC # which is locked to them and which has a max spend which I control - not 100% foolproof, but pretty darn good IMNSHO.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:43:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Order a Glock survival kit 8/16/15 got a email a few days later saying it on backorder approximately one week. I'm still waiting on it also order five factory Glock mag they shipped me 4 factory mag and 1 after market. Will never buy from them again
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I ordered some drunk 3 weeks ago, got my shipping notice today.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I ordered some mags recently.... it took exactly one month.

I didn't care a bit.  They were a great deal and its not like I needed to have them right now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So I ordered some ETS Glock mags from them and they were supposed to ship in 3-5 days. 5 days later, nothing,
View Quote

Did you wait 5 calendar days or 5 business days?

Order placed 6pm 2/17 (Wednesday)
Shipping notice received 5:45pm 2/23 (Tuesday)

Thursday would be "Next business day"
Friday would be "Second business day"
Monday would be "Third business day"
Tuesday would be "Fourth business day" - tracking # generated
Wednesday would be "Fifth business day" - if UPS picks it up, that seems to meet the "3-5 days" shipping commit in this case at least....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top