Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 10:25:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/5/2004 1:42:02 PM EST by SNorman]
They have a great price on MREs!! I haven't ordered from them but I know you guys have. Will my order show up on my doorstep the next week? Am I going to have to wait 4 months for my order? Will my card be charged & nothing shipped? Or is it like a box of chocolates... lemme know!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:27:09 AM EST
Buyer beware.
Call, ask if it is "in stock and ready to ship".

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:32:07 AM EST
I've never had any big problems with them. I've been notified if something was not in stock or back ordered.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:36:50 AM EST
nay
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:40:08 AM EST
NAY!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:50:32 AM EST
Occaisionally you will hear somebody that had a good experience with them, but the bottom line is that the overwhelming majority of people who have done business with Botach will never, ever do it again. This says something about a company. Go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:52:57 AM EST
Yeah.

I've ordered from them about a half-dozen times in the past three years and never had any problems. All stuff received exactly as ordered and on time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:55:15 AM EST
The only stuff I would buy from them is IMI ammunition. I have had good luck with ammo as it always seems to be in stock and ready to ship.

Order ammo, all other BEWARE!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:59:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Torf:
The only stuff I would buy from them is IMI ammunition. I have had good luck with ammo as it always seems to be in stock and ready to ship.

Ditto......
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:59:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/5/2004 10:59:51 AM EST by Tanker06]

Originally Posted By SNorman:
They have a great price on MREs!!

MRE's on Botach's website? The only thing I see are the "Mil-Spec" wannabe's that they call MREs....
For $59/case, I think if you shop around, you can find a better deal....
YMMV
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:00:41 AM EST
Does anybody know of another good place to buy MREs? The cheapest I've seen is around $6/MRE. Botach's price is around $4/MRE, but I'd rather not chance it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:00:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By Torf:

That was my only purchase. IMI ammo.
They shipped one case which I got about 3 weeks later(been 2 years now) but second case either didn't ship or got lost. About 2 months later I was finally able to get someone at Botach to send the other case. That one got to some depot and fell apart. Eventually I did get my ammo but it was more hassle than it was worth.
I do wish I could get 158gr subsonic 9mm somewhere but I guess I'll live to live with the supersonic stuff.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:21:36 AM EST
I have placed a few orders with them, and never have had a problem. I also work in customer support so I know how end users can be it is harly ever there fault it has to be the company selling the product.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:56:05 AM EST
They suck. I ordered someone's Christmas present there (G-2 light). It was supposed to be in stock but 2 weeks after Christmas was over I got an email that it was out of stock and my order was cancelled. Thanks Bo-Tach!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:41:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tanker06:

MRE's on Botach's website? The only thing I see are the "Mil-Spec" wannabe's that they call MREs....
YMMV

Why are they "wannabes"? Is there something missing from them? As for the price this is by far the lowest I have found anywhere. 6 cases for $294 = $4.08 /ea. If anybody knows of a reputable company with a price close to this please let me know!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:48:28 PM EST
Check out eBay. I've bought 6 cases over the last few weeks, all military issue, produced in 2004 (no shit). I have NEVER seen real military MREs this fresh for sale anywhere else. Shipping can be really expensive though, unless you get several cases simultaneously and have them shipped together. Most folks I've dealt with on eBay will do this for ya.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:50:31 PM EST
One of the few places I would trust with getting recent date MRE's at good prices is Major Surplus and Survival.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:55:22 PM EST
try looking at major surplus last month they were having a blow out on MREs and i get emails at least twice a week about them trying to dump over stock.

mike
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:00:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:01:46 PM EST
I never had any problems with Botach. If you do go with them, please update us on your experience. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:02:46 PM EST
Oh yeah I forgot about Major Surplus... they used to send me emails all the time but I haven't heard from then in a year or so..
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:11:26 PM EST
I decided to order 6 cases from Major Surplus. It looks like they are the same ones that Botach has but even cheaper. The heaters are not a big deal for me, I might buy some but if need be the entres will probably be heated by other means.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:16:15 PM EST
Botach has a low price guarantee.....but then again why wouldnt they offer the low price to begin with...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:18:17 PM EST
Nay! They tend to list products that they do not have in stock, then leave you a message on your machine asking you to call them. You call long distance, wait on the phone for 20 minutes for them to tell you that the item that was advertised on their website is no longer manufactured, and your remaining items are backordered. they suck.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:32:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:46:43 PM EST
Botach is better than they were a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:56:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By Oslow:
Botach is better than they were a few years ago.

I had great success with them, but I have only dealt with them on a small consumer level since last summer. The orders were shipped as stated, the prices were kick ass.

side note: My most memorable recent purchase was a few packs of CR123A lithium 3V batteries and a few Pelican Black Knight flashlights at Chrismas time! The order was shipped exactly how I wanted it and came in time, during the holiday rush! (Those flashlights are pretty sweet for the money. Pelican has a nice solid, ruggged design and includes a holster. No more Surefires for me. And the batteries are the same price as Surefire, but now the prices have dropped to $0.89 each.)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:22:43 PM EST
1 order experience, 1 happy customer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:24:48 PM EST
it seems most bashers dont give examples, just a thumbs down...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:25:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By MAXP:
it seems most bashers dont give examples, just a thumbs down...

'01 or '02. 1 order, over 30 days, cancel & reverse CC.

Never even thought to try again.

My thumbs down explained.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:40:18 AM EST
I just ordered from Botach on Tuesday. Within three (3) hours of ordering I had an e-mail confirmation with the UPS tracking number.

I have ordered several times within the last three (3) years and have never had a problem.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:54:06 AM EST
Ordered ammo, took 2.5 months to get my CC charged back and NO AMMO. Screw em. Until they send me some free stuff they'll never see another penny from me. They owe me for my time and frustration.

Once bitten twice shy. Too many other folks out there that wont be anii (anuses?)

About a year ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:59:15 AM EST
Nay. I've ordered from them six times so I have actual experience.

I thought Ammoman had cases of MREs for $75 shipped? The real MREs with the heaters.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:36:01 PM EST
I ordered a stick of CR123 batteries (20) plus a few button cells (~2 months ago). They came timely OK, BUT they charged me $9.00 S/H, claiming that the package was "HEAVY". They shipped me a "ONE POUND" package for $9.00! I sent them an Email about the outrageous shipping charge and asked for a response. NEVER heard a word from them since.

Would I order again? MAYBE, depends on if they are running a "no shipping charge sale" or not!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:54:42 PM EST
NO!

Have a look at Major Surplus

(please)

If you just want parts have a look at BePrepared.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:04:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tanker06:

YMMV

Why are they "wannabes"? Is there something missing from them? As for the price this is by far the lowest I have found anywhere. 6 cases for $294 = $4.08 /ea. If anybody knows of a reputable company with a price close to this please let me know!

www.longlifefood.com

I've done a good bit of bussness with LLF and I am VERY happy with their product, their prices, and their customer service.

echo6
Top Top